Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

MTCoalition's Site Updates - MTs for Change

Posted: Dec 4th, 2017 - 10:18 pm In Reply to: Petition Update: Moving Forward - MTs for Change

Since I was asked by some at the site, and here, let me address a few issues for you. I understand where you are coming from, your skepticism, cynism, doubt, mistrust, I really do, and I do not intend to personalize it for choosing to move beyond that, and sticking my neck out to offer a new attempt at improvement. It might help to start with the approach of...Forget history, and start fresh.
1. I apologize for the delay in updating on the petition. I took a several month detour with breast cancer, and its chemotherapy, surgery and recovery, and just now returning to both my work, and my volunteer side efforts and the MTSO crusade as I fondly like to call it. My apologies.
2. Some said they have already have a way to network. Networking to commiserate and share is fine and has its place, but it is not organizing, planning or acting. That is the difference. Or others have tried and given up, so what? Do it again, better, fresh team.
3. The MT Coalition is not a union. Most unions I have approached do not want to touch us due to the complex disparity in locations, and I suspect our lower wages and volumes. Perceived as a lot of work to organize for the money. I understand we do not make much money...Do I ever get that! Single mom here with an adult child with a disability, I get that! That is why the membership is free. That is why if I have to learn how to become a collective bargaining advocate for us for free, rather than find someone else who will do it for free, low cost, I will do that. You don't have to be a union to collective bargain. You can form your own collective bargaining rules. If we want to collective bargain, then we need to do the work of organizing it, and making that cost effective with a volunteer and/or grant/other funded effort.
3. We can speculate on how technology is going to go, but hey, they said we'd be gone 20 years ago, and we are still here. AI has been talked about for years, still need human interfaces. I SR now, and there is no way it doesn't need a human interface. Scribes? As a patient, I'd put my foot down and say, out of here!
Proceed as if you'll be needed because right now, we are, and likely will be for awhile, perhaps forever.
4. Go to the site to find out how to offer MT services that will compete with bigger services...and think of more ways. For one thing, there are many organizations that do NOT want to hire offshore services. They just don't. They want US workers in US companies...its what Trump sold, remember? Form cooperatives and self directed work teams, and as somebody mentioned a cooperative of "free lancer"s that other clinics, hospital, other healthcare organizations can access who share training, equipment, resources, etc., that can offer services for less because they aren't paying top heavy management and definitely not typical CEO salaries. Brand it as top notch quality, production, turnaround and good Ol American workers paid at fair wages, whatever. They can be small coops, or larger that franchise them....or something similar to that, think. We don't have to have all the answers, we just have to dialogue them and develop the answers. Start small, start your own, etc. I know a doctor who got fed up with mainstream healthcare and its bureaucracy, who got out started her own "ideal clinic" and is now teaching other MDs to set up their own private "ideal clinics." Pamela Wible, MD, check her website, funky doc. Why not do that with our own ideal MT-formed MTSOs, and go after their business, and other clinics, healthcare facilities?
5. The site wants to attract people with the IT technology, the business knowledge, the MTSO ownership, the standards, licensing, law expertise, the collective bargaining background to volunteer or donate time and talent or be low cost, where we can fundraise, get grants to pay them, etc. I don't have it all, but I know how to form teams that together will. The answer may be in collective bargaining, or cooperatives, or standards, licensing, law, publicity, or a combination or something new that you find when you think and hash it through again, and again, and again.
6. I don't intend to make money off this effort, I have other income source. This is personal for me, justice, and I intend to volunteer my time. It's my upbringing. There will be no special interest funding from MTSOs or unions or whomever, or sellouts, had enough of that myself.
7. We are not competing with anybody. I'd be happy if AHDI took this cause over, or MTStars or MTMe or whoever, but I don't see anybody else taking action, or who gave up or sold out, so I'll do it. If somebody else wants to, feel free! You can use the website or its ideas!
8. This isn't necessarily an intent to totally change the industry or completely eradicate and reverse offshoring...accept what you cannot change, but do change what you can change. It all we wind up with are a few ideal cooperatives/MTSOs that have the conditions we want, that others start, that's fine, but if it gets bigger than that, all the better. But we have to start.
9. Turn the obstacles you see into, how do I overcome that obstacle? Don't stop with the obstacle. If I can't do X, could I do something close to X, or could I do Z instead?
10. I am not here to force anything on you, just offering a fresh start. You don't have to take it. We want people who want to be there to do what they can to make positive changes. It's all okay! Feelings not hurt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)