Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

This really is too late - guess

Posted: Dec 13th, 2017 - 1:09 pm In Reply to: No time for this foolishness. The main threat to our jobs is technology - and you cannot stop that.

This really is too late. Do you know why there aren't farrier's on every corner in town? Because we don't ride horses as our main transport anymore. Do you know why an entire housing development went up down the street from me and NONE of the houses is wired for a land line? Because our phones are in our pockets and purses. Unless and until enough people realize that as long as documentation is required, it will have to be done. If it can't be done to the "governing body's standards" in the way it is currently being done, it is just as easy to lower the standards, which is what they have been doing in order to justify electronic medical records in the first place. Change HAS COME ladies and gentleman. You are wasting time here if you want to work and if you don't want to work, well then, you're just wasting energy I guess. You are smart, educated, trained, skilled workers. My life didn't turn out quite like I planned either. We should be encouraging people away from this field instead of sniping at each other and fighting over the final few morsels. Forget MT. And if you go to a doctor or hospital, ask for your records so you can make your own corrections. Ultimately, we are responsible for ourselves and that includes the state of our health. This is not good stress here at this site. Yes, we all need to vent sometimes but I actually can taste the bitterness in the back of my throat after about 10 minutes here. I signed that petition. Not for me, for those that will inevitably follow, so that maybe things would get better. I never was a member of any other MT organization because nobody could actually show me what they were doing for MTs. I didn't have extra cash even then to throw away. Now collective bargaining is another story. Still it would be wasted on this profession. Who knows maybe it will return in some form. Doubtful. If people would just be responsible for themselves, and those they have chosen to be responsible for, maybe we could reduce the need for doctors...that would be a dream. Why do you think so many other parts of the world are working on medical documentation for ONE country? We, as Americans, should be ashamed that we can't even clean up our own messes yet we find time to run around making messes everywhere else and invite more poor souls to wallow in our mess by moving them here to live the American Dream where they start living like us and eating like us and then getting sick like us and dying like us. The US is a 3rd world country in many ways. The state of our personal and national health is just the most obvious. But I digress. Obviously at this point I am finding there are more important things going on than the death of an industry. Look for the open door...

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)