Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

What I get paid to do is provide a quality report - wannie

Posted: Sep 4th, 2015 - 1:31 pm In Reply to: How do you know - Look in the mirror

to be placed in the patient's medical record. I completely understand that doctors get tired, but so do I. I care for my elderly mother besides working, so when I sit down to work I'm tired, too, and probably thinking of a million things that would never occur to a doctor when he sits down to dictate. I don't know that I would call doctors lazy because they do work very long hours and have many difficult demands on their time, but I would call most of them arrogant. I don't care how tired they are, how long they've been working or if they've had a full day in the OR, part of their job is dictate (or hire someone to do it for them if they're just too tired) a report that can be put to paper. I don't think they exist to make my job easy, but they STILL should dictate in a manner that can be understood. And yes, I know some doctors personally having worked in a hospital medical records department and many of them thought they were better than everybody else in the hospital and didn't mind letting you know that either. Okay, enough said. That just struck a nerve in me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)