Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

You sound like the one who-- - Tired

Posted: Sep 4th, 2015 - 5:26 pm In Reply to: How do you know - Look in the mirror

--marked me off 0.25 for typing "postoperative" instead of "postop." That's just the kind of "arrogant" markdown I get frustrated with. You have the power, so you mark me down, even if it means the same as "postop," which of course even if there are another couple of 0.25's during the week that provide you other ways to nitpick, it destroys my pay. I didn't even make enough to pay the mortgage payment this month after a month of full-time work. I was $70 short. This poor pay does not even meet basic needs. I had three 0.25 errors and 3 short reports for a total of 157 lines one week that decimated my pay this month. Nobody's perfect.

Let me repeat: Your markdowns for inconsequential things that have nothing to do with patient safety or even accuracy for that matter decimate my already inadequate pay.

I don't understand how you or anyone else can continue to make such patently unfair judgments about someone's work, which then damage pay. Yes, I know everyone needs their job, but honestly, I think I would quit and go back to transcription knowing I caused more than one person this week to not have enough money to meet their basic needs for the month.

By the way, this is not a verbatim account I am talking about. Can't you folks give us a break? The stuff you nit-pick on is ridiculous. Plus, you can't make a living on the crap pay to begin with, and your markdowns for what amount to inconsequential errors having nothing to do with patient safety or accuracy and then cause a scenario like the above -- not enough to make rent or mortgage, let alone utilities, food and medicine. These are not luxuries I am talking about.

I still maintain that this whole "quality" system is rigged to lower pay.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)