Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

How do you know - Look in the mirror

Posted: Sep 4th, 2015 - 9:52 am In Reply to: They are reckless, lazy, narcissistic and self-entitled. (nm) - Linda

Do you know these doctors personally? To start with, they are probably not lazy. Some of them could be coming off call or a full day in the OR and worrying about offending the MT because their dictation is not crystal clear is not even remotely on their mind. They are probably thinking of a million things that would not even occur to you when they dictate. If you can't understand the lab value, flag it and move on. I am QA now but I did MT for about 30 years. I never remember anyone I work with calling any doctor lazy or narcissistic. In this case it might apply to you for thinking that they exist to make your job easy. Deciphering bad dictation is what we are paid to do and without those physicians doing documentation none of us would have jobs. I'm sorry, but put on your big girl shoes and get over it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)