Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

If QA scores per the employer's wishes... - Marilyn

Posted: Sep 5th, 2015 - 9:50 pm In Reply to: I work on site - Big girl shoes

Why are there so many discrepancies in QA? What I transcribed correctly, that was NOT in the specs, was marked wrong. They wanted titles capped even in paragraph dictation, i.e. "I reviewed the patient's PAST MEDICAL HISTORY, which showed he had a FAMILY HISTORY of alcoholism". So, reluctantly, I started capitalizing everything that had the words of a title, and another QA person marked that wrong. One QA person wants c-section and another wants C-section. One wants Oxford commas and another does not. These discrepancies I have seen at several different MTSOs. If the report is grammatically correct, per specs, and accurate - leave it alone! Your nitpicks will not make any difference to the client. They don't care as long as it is correct! You are wasting our wages, the companies money and your time. The only reason for nitpicking is to either try to justify your position, or fulfill your OCD requirements.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)