A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Spending the afternoon crying my eyes out - sm

Posted: Dec 04, 2014

Just so sick of the run-around by Nuance and the crappy speakers. Feel so trapped.

Rent Gone with the Wind .. do as Scarlet - does - especially the end..

[ In Reply To ..]
Cry a little, dust off your skirt (or pants) and figure something out!!!

don't let them win or do this too you!

(I am working through the same thing myself)

Good luck!

Don't get mad, get EVEN! Get creative. - There are lots of things you can do....

[ In Reply To ..]
Work slowdown, non-proofreading, intentional sabotage by mucking up reports and sending them through, even calling the clients and alerting them to what is REALLY going on behind the transcription of their medical records.

Or, just make it easy for yourself, and quit now. It's not like you're going to be making much more working for this unscrupulous company than you would being without work entirely. By not wasting 90% of your waking hours working for these fools, you'll have the time, along with the peace and quiet, to find a REAL job.

Remember that's someone's loved one please - SafetyFirst

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't get even by putting that patient in jeopardy. If you feel that strongly that you need to do that, just walk away. No one needs you to be so petty as to do that and screw with their life like that. Grow up or walk away.

I'm the OP - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I would never put a patient's life at risk, FYI. Thx.

Just fer-instances. So call the client and tip - them off, which will HELP the pt.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Already Crying...
May 06, 2015

First job of the day.  Shoot me now.  Too old to be crying....especially by some jerk.  What's WRONG with people?  Can't even say their name.  Have to bark it out and stumble over it 3 times...and it's their own frickin name.  And they can only hold the mike under their chin....UNTIL that they have to cough.  Oh yeah.  Make sure you get that mouthpiece right up there, buddy, for the cough.  And your d*mn cell phone is ringing!  Aga ...

Crying In My Oatmeal
Dec 02, 2009

My entire "pool" is completely and utterly out of work.  My sup emailed today saying we could plan a day off if we wanted.  Before you say it, I KNOW this time of year is feast or famine, don't need to tell me (I've been an MT for 15 years), but this is ridiculous.  Its been slowly dwindling since late summer where I was scrounging around for ANY SHIFT that would provide me a few lines, now its NOTHING. I have a backup job that is also empty, but for a company (MQ) that ...

Not On The Verge Of Crying, Tears Are Pouring
Aug 06, 2012

I have NEVER cried with a job before. Over 20 years in this world and it has finally brought me to this. A new QA/Team lead has now informed me that the specs are wrong and to do it like she says. Next problem, report had that a patient had her bags stolen from an airline. She had her "big bottle of narcotic pain medicine" in those bags. She called her pain management doctor as soon as she landed. He told her to go to the nearest ER. I could not make out the drug with 100% certainty, so I ...

So.... How Are All Of You Going To Be Spending All That
Dec 01, 2013

extra holiday pay you earned for working on Thanksgiving?  Nuance is so generous, aren't they, to make you work and to compensate you so well for your time too?  (insert sarcasm).  Hope it wasn't too bad for you ladies (and gents).  Let's hope they let you take off Christmas.  ...

Ok, All Afternoon...
Feb 19, 2013

All afternoon, the work trickled in, one job, nothing, one job, nothing...  Suddenly it jumped from around 500 jobs to over 1900 jobs in 10 minutes!  It seems like the work is given back to us when offshore is done for the day.  Then we get the cleanup of what is left.  So, is this company going to become a 2nd shift only job?  ...

Spending My Raise This Morning
Apr 06, 2010

Walgreen's had hair color on sale for $1.99.  My raise will just about cover the cost of covering up the gray MQ has given me!!!!  ...

No Work This Afternoon
Oct 13, 2012

First time I have truly encountered no work all afternoon.  I have had periodic times where for a little while I got no work but there has been ABSOLUTELY nothing on this account - it is making me wonder what is wrong.  I won't be able to make this time up so now I am out hours and ruined my Saturday.  Sent out emails and no response from anybody!!!  So frustrating ...

Anyone Else Completely NJA For Most Of The Afternoon?
Jul 24, 2013

nm ...

Monday Afternoon
Oct 28, 2013

Is anyone else having a problem uploading jobs?  I am concerned there may be a problem with my computer. ...

Pt With Depression. She Is Not Spending Money That She Does Not Have And Is Not Excessively S/l Fli
Nov 13, 2009

does flirtatious make sense in this sentence?  TIA ...

Anyone Else Spending More Time Punching In And Out Than Actually Working? Nm
Oct 10, 2012

.. ...

TTS - Pleasures Of Spending The Past 4 Months
Apr 03, 2013

The pleasures of spending the past 4 months being micromanaged at TTS has resulted in my leaving for greener or shall I say different pastures.  I actually am very glad I learned the eScription platform...it is a pleasure to use.  My account with TTS was a real plumb ripe for the picking...sweet and fast...really didn't have much trouble making 350 lph editing; however, despite hitting this line count, I barely made more than $10 an hour.  Well, this notwithstanding, I persisted working ...

Job Initerview With M*Modal This Afternoon
Jul 24, 2012

I have a job initerview with M*Modal this afternoon.  I am currently working for MedScribe and they have cut our line rate and we keep running out of work.  Are most of you happy with M*Modal? ...

NJA On Sunday Afternoon In The North
Oct 28, 2012

This really blows.... ...

Friday Afternoon And No Work Again
Jan 18, 2013

This is so ridiculous.  Friday afternoon and no work.  I can't keep checking back every hour and do perhaps 2 charts and run out again.  Stop sending so much work to India and at least leave the US MTs something to do.  ...

Spending More Time Fixing Demographics Than Transcribing
Jul 14, 2010

I signed up for college this fall to get a HIT degree and hopefully get out of transcription. Seems I spend so much time looking up incorrect demographics, patient account numbers, etc., due to dictors entering the wrong information, and with the company I work for, it counts against us, YET we dont get paid to lookup demographics and fix errors, but its our responsbility. I am finding this so frustrating and spending 9 hours a day to make barely 90 bucks. ...

Sick To Death Of Spending Time Testing.
Dec 23, 2012

Why can't we do the test once (they seem to all be about the same) and have it posted somewhere centrally for these potential employers?  If you can't get footpedal to work with the transcription section it is a real time consumer and PITA. ...

Now Running Out Of Work On Fridays In The Afternoon
Mar 22, 2013

Today got 4 hours work out of my 8 hour shift. Used to be busy all day on Friday, not any more. :( ...

Webmedx - Hidden Charges In Health Spending Account
Dec 29, 2010

Today I get the paperwork from the HSA that we had the option to join for the new insurance.  Included is a bunch of tasks they want us to hurry up and do (which we cannot do since they have not given us insurance cards and their website won't let us register without numbers off the card).  Also included is an "account fee and rate schedule".  They get to charge us $15 to set up the account and $2.95 every month thereafter.  They say this "may" be paid by our employer (y ...

Annoyed. You Would Think With Spending A Good Deal Of Money On A Program That....
Nov 29, 2012

I thought that was the purpose in having a discussion board on the school site?! ...

No Work On A Friday Afternoon???? I'm Lucky If I Have 10 Hours This Week. Sm
Nov 30, 2012

Why oh why don't they lay me off??????? Sorry, just venting. ...

Sick Of Spending So Much Time Reading Emails, Printing New Client Profiles, Sm
Apr 26, 2013

waiting for work, trying to figure out the protocol for no work, trying to figure out remedy, remembering all the different passwords, wondering if my time card is correct because I clock in and out so much on a daily basis!  I have never, ever been no nitpicked to death.  I feel like an unpaid prisoner in my own home.  My printer right now is just about smokin because of all the crap I have to print just to remember all this garbage!  MM = MICROMANAGEMENT!!!!!  I do bel ...

MModal Employment Ad Up - States Flexible Hours (afternoon & Evening)
Sep 28, 2012

Didn't know we had flexible hours. ...

I And O For Eyes?
Nov 10, 2011

"...her visual acuity is 20/30 in both eyes which it was in April.  She has no I and O , but she did have a left I and O at her last visit."   S/l I and O (eye and oh) ...

Eyes Don't Want To Focus
Dec 04, 2009

My eyes do not want to focus today.  I have to actually think and make them focus on my computer screen.  I had to put my glasses on already today.  Does anyone else have this problem ever?  Is this an occupational hazard or is there something wrong with me?  I do work a FT job and a PT job totalling over 60 hours a week, maybe my eyes are just extremely tired.  ...

S/l ??? Involving The Eyes
Aug 08, 2010

The patient has good tone to her lower eyelids with neutral vector with medial fat pads bilaterally with slight s/l kinexis......   Thank you ...

Anyone Buy The EZ Eyes Keyboard?
Feb 29, 2012

I really want to give it a try.  I am just so hooked on my old keyboard.  I know it is not expensive, so I might do it anyway.  Looks cool. ...

EZ Eyes Keyboard
Mar 26, 2012

I type many hours a day several days a week and usually use the old clicky keyboards but thought I'd give this one a try.  Don't waste your money.  It's smaller than a standard keyboard with big letters on the keys and it's so light it moves constantly. You nearly need to velcro it down.  The touch is hard, makes your hands very tired and the backspace is in an odd position to you constantly hit the wrong key or have to stretch your pinky out a couple of inches ...

Il-eyes-ur-al Obstruction
Mar 28, 2012

I know I am just having a dense moment.  I know it must be a form of ileum.  Or I think I know.  But I am just coming up blank.     O: Abdomen is soft, nontender.  Bowel sounds diffusely increased.  A:  Possible partial il-eyes-ur-al obstruction. P:  Increase fluids, fiber, Colace 100 mg b.i.d. and Senokot S two p.r.n.   Please help an overtired dense MT.   ...

Eyes Normocephalic?
Jan 08, 2013

Can anyone help?  In the physical, under the section "eyes," the doctor says "normocephalic, atraumatic."  Might this be a mistake on the doctr's part?  The section only is for eyes, and ent is a separate section.  I just never heard that used specifically for the eyes. ...