A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

job initerview with M*Modal this afternoon - Bev

Posted: Jul 24, 2012

I have a job initerview with M*Modal this afternoon.  I am currently working for MedScribe and they have cut our line rate and we keep running out of work.  Are most of you happy with M*Modal?

Bev, look to the list on the left... - (more--see message)

[ In Reply To ..]
....and you will see a section called M*Modal. Click on that, and you'll find tons of feedback about M*Modal there.

M*Modal - Bev

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought that was where I posted this! LOL!

most people on this forum are NOT happy - Drone

[ In Reply To ..]
but they may or may not represent ALL MModal employees. Be advised that if they offer you 8/4, you will probably not be able to make a decent living.
M*Modal - Bev
[ In Reply To ..]
Why? No work? That is the shift I am looking for!
Bev 8/4 cpl, not shift. NM - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
cpl - Bev
[ In Reply To ..]
DUH!! LOL!! Thanks for clearing that up!! What is the norm cpl for them?
That seems to be the industry standard right now. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Most people are getting 8 for straight and 4 for VR. I suppose there may be a lucky few who command more than that as new hires but I have never met them.

I have 17 years of experience with 12 of that in acute care and I got 8/4.
you will not get an 8 to 4 shift - they need 2nd and 3rd shift
[ In Reply To ..]
Just saying

Oh, sorry, Bev! I see now... - (see message)

[ In Reply To ..]
Duhhhh. When I answered you, I assumed that you may have posted this question on the Main board, and the moderator just moved it to the M*Modal board since that was the title. They do that sometimes (move it to the appropriate board).

Maybe you already know this then, too, but if you click on the M*Modal board (in the list on the left), all the posts under that pertain to M*Modal. Just browse through some of those posts, and you will read TONS of feedback about people's experiences with M*Modal. True, most people are unhappy with them on this forum, and maybe some people are not but just don't post here. At least, it will give you some things you might want to clarify or ask about during your interview.

Best of luck!
First shift? - (S/M)
[ In Reply To ..]
It might not hurt to ask, but it's not extremely likely that you'll be able to get first shift. When they recruited me, they said most shifts begin at 12 noon (in my time zone), onward. Also, be prepared that you will also likely be required to work either Saturday or Sunday.
6 of 1 half dozen of the other they all suck - unfortunately it is a dieing field
[ In Reply To ..]
worked for several different companies, they all rot...I just happen to really love docqscribe..havent tried the 7 version yet though

I like MModal more than Transcend - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Transcend is now Nuance.

I read on this board how awful MModal was and that Transcend was better. It wasn't the case for me. I could never make my line counts to receive benefits with Transcend. MModal has been really great. My CCM leaves me alone to work and I have benefits and I'm glad I made the change.

Similar Messages:

Ok, All Afternoon...
Feb 19, 2013

All afternoon, the work trickled in, one job, nothing, one job, nothing...  Suddenly it jumped from around 500 jobs to over 1900 jobs in 10 minutes!  It seems like the work is given back to us when offshore is done for the day.  Then we get the cleanup of what is left.  So, is this company going to become a 2nd shift only job?  ...

No Work This Afternoon
Oct 13, 2012

First time I have truly encountered no work all afternoon.  I have had periodic times where for a little while I got no work but there has been ABSOLUTELY nothing on this account - it is making me wonder what is wrong.  I won't be able to make this time up so now I am out hours and ruined my Saturday.  Sent out emails and no response from anybody!!!  So frustrating ...

Anyone Else Completely NJA For Most Of The Afternoon?
Jul 24, 2013

nm ...

Monday Afternoon
Oct 28, 2013

Is anyone else having a problem uploading jobs?  I am concerned there may be a problem with my computer. ...

NJA On Sunday Afternoon In The North
Oct 28, 2012

This really blows.... ...

Friday Afternoon And No Work Again
Jan 18, 2013

This is so ridiculous.  Friday afternoon and no work.  I can't keep checking back every hour and do perhaps 2 charts and run out again.  Stop sending so much work to India and at least leave the US MTs something to do.  ...

Now Running Out Of Work On Fridays In The Afternoon
Mar 22, 2013

Today got 4 hours work out of my 8 hour shift. Used to be busy all day on Friday, not any more. :( ...

Spending The Afternoon Crying My Eyes Out
Dec 04, 2014

Just so sick of the run-around by Nuance and the crappy speakers. Feel so trapped. ...

No Work On A Friday Afternoon???? I'm Lucky If I Have 10 Hours This Week. Sm
Nov 30, 2012

Why oh why don't they lay me off??????? Sorry, just venting. ...

MModal Employment Ad Up - States Flexible Hours (afternoon & Evening)
Sep 28, 2012

Didn't know we had flexible hours. ...

Is It "Blood Sugars Are Running In The Mid-200s In The Afternoon."
Jul 02, 2010

j ...

Scheduled To Work This Afternoon, Wondering If Work Has Picked Up Yet?? Sm
Jan 09, 2012

I only had about a half dozen reports on Saturday before it dried up.  I have picked up 1 cleaning customer so far and I'm on my way there.  2 hours equals $50!!!!  At least I'm making something today....Hope everyone is finding things are getting better. ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

M*Modal VR
Sep 25, 2010

I have another question.  When one does a draft in VR, does MT get paid for all lines in the draft or would an MT get paid if it has to be edited.  I will be trying to learn this in the next few weeks and I am scared to death I will not catch on and then I might be without a job.   I have a feeling I might not get paid for the whole draft report.  Then again it may depend on the company.  Any opinions please.   Thanks  ...

The M*Modal Man...
Jan 24, 2012

...looks like he's dropping a deuce.  Sorry, but he does.   Also, how do you pronounce the name of the company?  I say it to rhyme with immobile - immodal.   ...

Does Anyone Know Anything About M*Modal?
Feb 08, 2012

Does anyone know anything about M*Modal? I have never heard of them and would like some input. Thanks. ...

What/who Is M*Modal?
Mar 03, 2012

Is this Medquist?  Tell me more.  I used to work for MQ years ago and was interested in going back part time. ...

M*modal MTs
Mar 25, 2012

I'm considering applying to M*modal.  I've been around the block (several times) so I'm aware of the reputation, etc.  This means anyone who just wants to slam the company, please bypass this thread.  For those of you who work for M*modal and are happy, what is it you like about the company?  Would you recommend a friend apply? TIA. GG ...

M*Modal Job
Apr 13, 2012

Been offered a job at M*Modal.  Can anybody tell me the pros and cons of working there?  Is there enough work.  Where I work now it is SO hit and miss, feast or famine.  I need something more consistent. Are they flexible?   Let me know your thoughts. Thanks, Dee Dee ...

Going With M*Modal
Apr 30, 2012

Our hospital is supposed to make the decision tomorrow if they are going to keep our work in-house or outsource to M*Modal.  I want to make an informed decision when and if we are told we are going with M*Modal.  Do you get holidays?  How is the pay?  Flexible schedule?  What about our vacations that are already scheduled?  If they hire us will we still be on our same accounts? Thanks for any info. ...

M*Modal Buy Out
May 24, 2012

When M*Modal does a buy out, are the clients from that company they bought out notified? ...

New Job With M Modal
Jun 15, 2012

Hello Everyone, The hospital I have been working for has switched all of our transcriptionist to M Modal.  I will be doing radiology work.  Any helpful hints out there.   ...

TTM*Modal
Jul 11, 2012

Interesting, indeed. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/m-modal-selected-transtech-medical-133000153.html ...

M Modal Pay
Jul 15, 2012

Anyone working for M Modal - Please let me know how much money per hour is possible to be made?  Replies will much appreciated.   ...

How Much Do M-Modal Pay
Sep 30, 2012

I was thinking of applying for a job at M-Modal as I am not so happy with my current job and how they pay. Can anyone help me and tell me how much M-Modal pay their staff? ...

M*Modal-SSN??
Oct 16, 2012

I am on the M*Modal website to apply, and they are asking for my social security number.  I have never provided this on a job application.  Is this legit? ...

Can Someone Please Tell Me About M*Modal, Please?
Nov 30, 2012

I am thinking about testing for acute care transcription with M*Modal. But, when I went to their web site I see they are owned by someone in India? Is that for real? Also, I see posts here in this chat room "no work, no work, no work, paycheck sucks," etc. Can anyone fill me in on M*Modal, please. Also, do they supply you with the equipment? I do not want to work for a company owned by someone in India, that's for sure! Thank you in advance for your help! MT2 ...

New Job At M*Modal
Feb 05, 2013

I stopped doing medical transcription for a while and I am considering getting back into it.  I live in Green Bay, and no one is hiring in house.  I am considering taking a test with M*Modal.  Can anyone tell me anything about this company?  Good, bad, and ugly. ...

Just Saw An Ad For PT For M*Modal???
Sep 08, 2013

I thought they got rid of all PT positions??  Here's the link:  http://www.getmedicaltranscriptionjobs.com/acute-care-medical-transcriptionist-home-based-phoenix-arizona-3026501.htm ...

M*Modal Going Under?
Sep 08, 2014

I heard that M*Modal is sinking fast and won't be in business much longer.  Has anyone else heard this?  They've been having problems getting investors and new clients, so it wouldn't come as any great shock.  ...