Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Exactly - That is just ludicrous

Posted: Jun 19th, 2021 - 8:58 pm In Reply to: You don’t have to go back and listen to the whole damn report - Peach

I have been doing MT for going on 25 years and not one single MTSO or hospital that I've ever worked for has required that I go back and re-listen to the whole entire dictation after finishing the report. That is just pure quackery. I've worked for some very nitpicky companies, but even they didn't require this. Yes, you should 100% be proofreading your work as you go and then go back and re-listen to any blanks that you may have to see if you can get them after a second listen, but to expect any MT to sit through the entire damn dictation again from start to finish without any extra compensation to do so, especially with long IME dictations that the OP was doing, is complete and total BS and is a very unreasonable expectation. I don't blame the OP for leaving. That is a total waste of time. Sure, 10 cpl sounds like a great line rate, but when you factor in all of this excessive unpaid work, it's really not nearly as great as you think it is. To me, it wouldn't even be worth it. That would be enough to make me insane.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)