Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I can almost guarantee that is not so! - retired

Posted: Jun 19th, 2021 - 2:21 pm In Reply to: That is exactly what they are trying to do - Then, they use that MTs work product

when I was overloaded and sent out work at a very high rate of pay, and it was returned to me without the proofing that I was paying for, it was always full of errors! Before I could send it on to my client, I had to listen to it and fix it. Sometimes the report was so bad, it was easier to just retranscribe. The OP was not cheated, she is the cheater.

Let us put this another way. Supoose you took your car to a mechanic. You paid him top dollar, the kind of money you would pay the dealer. You told him you wanted the car properly fixed. When you picked up the car, it didn't run well, it was dirty, it made funny noises, so you ended up having to pay someone else to fix it properly, or fixed it yourself. Would you pay that mechanic? Remember, the OP admitted she did NOT provide the service that was expected of her.

My advice, OP, and to the rest of you, be professional. If you can't meet the conditions your contractor offers, don't accept the work in the first place, and in the second place, don't expect to get paid for it if you don't do what was expected of you.

I am an old lady and I have learned a few things over the years. OP, you published a libel, you could be sued. You admitted in your post you did not meet the expectations of your contract. Consider yourself lucky if not getting paid is all that happens to you.

However, this is what I would do. I woud submit a reduced invoice, for 5 cents a line, because you only delivered half the work product, and I would also apologize profusely and delete your post.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)