Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

STAT Transcription ad - Beware

Posted: Jun 4th, 2021 - 3:30 pm

I thought I should post this so that nobody else has their time wasted like I did.  This company currently has an ad running on the job board looking for urgent care MTs.  What they DON'T tell you is that this account is doing subcontracted overflow work for Patient First, which is a nightmare in of itself.  They require that you omit many words and phrases that the doctor dictates, even though the doctor clearly says these things and obviously wants them included in the report (why else would they dictate them, right?).  You are not allowed to transcribe ANY gender pronouns or even use "the patient" in any of the reports, and they expect you to use ridiculous abbreviations for MANY words, thus cutting into your lines and pay even further.  In addition to this nonsense, these jobs are very clearly all bottom of the barrel crappy dictators/garbage/scrap jobs that Patient First doesn't want to deal with and the jobs are EXTREMELY short and yield almost no lines.  About 99.9% of the jobs are all 1 minute or less and only range from about 10 to 20 lines each, some even less!  You will make no money here.  They assigned me 30 jobs, all from the same horrendous mush-mouthed dictator, which took me all night trying to decipher what was being said with NO samples or old reports to go by and I and made a whopping $31 when all was said and done.  I was literally pulling my hair out.  That was enough for me and I threw in the towel and immediately deleted all of their stuff from my PC.   I had taken this on as a supplement to my full-time job, but it ended up not even being worth that.

I wanted to share this information because they still have this ad up (and I've seen them post on here at least a few times before) and I'd hate to see anyone else accept a position with them and go into it thinking that they will be able to make an even remotely decent living, because that is DEFINITELY not the case.  It's significantly less than even minimum wage.   If you do decide to apply with them or accept a position with this company, all I can say is proceed with great caution and at your own risk.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)