Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

It's awful! - I could not do it either

Posted: Jun 5th, 2021 - 8:50 pm In Reply to: This is also the reason why I quit my MT job - anon

There is no way I would ever work for a company who not only expects me to omit things from a patient's record that the doctor dictates, but who also expects me to perform all of this secretarial type crap for free. That is NOT my job! If you want me to do it, then pay me for it! Some of these companies are downright ridiculous with what they expect you to do when it comes to entering demographics, searching for MRNs, entering CC's, etc. I so wish that we had a union! When my husband and I were out running a few errands this afternoon, I saw a sign saying that the Hampton Inn is hiring housekeepers at $20/hour, plus tips, plus a $500 sign on bonus. It makes me sick to think that HOUSEKEEPERS are making more than most MTs are these days! I'm not saying that housekeeping isn't hard work; it certainly can be, but with the skill set and MD level medical knowledge that we are expected to have, it's beyond insulting!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)