Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

You are trying to compare apples and oranges - Entitled MT Princess

Posted: Jun 6th, 2021 - 11:50 am In Reply to: It's awful! - I could not do it either

Housekeeping has its occupational hazards these days, particularly with COVID. I certainly would not want to be handling someone else’s bed linens and towels these days. The hotels are offering those wages because no one will do those jobs now. You won’t think it’s an insult the next time you stay in a motel and the maids come in to clean up after you. I couldn’t do that job. Auto mechanics probably make more money too. They probably can’t type and wouldn’t know thing one about medical terms, but that doesn’t make them any less valuable. I’m not putting anyone down, but none of us have MD level medical knowledge unless we’ve been to medical school. Maybe some of those maids are college students who are better educated than you working summer jobs. If you’re not happy with what they pay you, go apply for one of those housekeeping positions and see how the other half lives. Your transcription skillset also transfers to other jobs that would pay more, you don’t necessarily have to do what you do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)