Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Docs standing up for us - Wake up and smell the coffee

Posted: Jun 6th, 2021 - 8:53 am In Reply to: It's the same with flipping burgers - anon

Medical transcription was my life’s work, I never did anything else until 2011 when my employer outsourced to an offshore vendor. I still work there, but in a different position. My experience was that when outsourcing began and the MTSOs started to surface, the providers did stand up for us, but they didn’t own the facilities where they practiced and administration had the upper hand. It was a financial decision and converting to electronic health records was a federal mandate. We are important but we are not “another pair of eyes” for the docs. I think you are mistaken when you blame the doctors for what happened to MT. It was not their decision and they did what they were told.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)