Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I have no problem with progress and change when - it makes things better

Posted: Jun 8th, 2021 - 6:02 pm In Reply to: Six figure income - Wake up and smell the coffee

But I don't think trying to replace US MTs from healthcare documentation was a very wise thing to do just to save costs. I think in many ways it's backfired. They poured money into VR, thinking it would easily replace us, but it hasn't completely done the job. Offshoring has really put a dent in the US workforce, but quality issues remain to this day. Our pay has been reduced to that of an entry level job without extras. Finding a job ad for MT work from a company that offers more than 4 cents/line or one with benefits and paid time off only raises suspicion that it must be too good to be true and otherwise a scam.

MTs aren't the only ones who've experienced the job losses. The point and click computer programs used by doctors to do their own documentation is failing them and taking its toll, causing severe burnout and all the problems associated with that. And a lot of them are walking away from trying to practice medicine under such impossible conditions.

Did no one see the consequences coming from cutting vital services and placing the burden on others to cover for it? Doctors can't and won't be able to keep up the pace if they have to do their own documentation for more and more patients. I wonder if this is why we're now seeing more errors and those disclaimers at the bottom of reports that basically state there may be inaccuracies in the medical document. Anyone needing healthcare today is bound to be affected sooner or later with serious errors in their medical record. So everyone loses here...

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)