Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Hate my job - Patient First - anon

Posted: Aug 15th, 2017 - 9:52 am

I really, really hate my job. I want to quit so badly. Luckily I have been working on an exit strategy and will hopefully be outta here in a year, maybe a little more or less. 

I just want to let anyone know who might be considering applying not to do it. You will regret it. PF is growing rapidly. They have been hiring a lot of transcriptionists, to the point we are now the largest group of employees in their administration department. Because of this, it seems they have been looking for more and more ways to squeeze the transcriptionist in every way they can :( 

Since  I first came, the line count requirement has been increased. I asked what about the agreement we had when I was hired to do x amount of lines, and they said take it or leave it. I feel like they may be getting ready for a new line increase again at some point in the near future. 

They leave you on mandatory OT for months at a time - without any bonus pay on your extra required lines. If you can show you spent x amount of time extra doing your work, you can get some kind of extra pay, but it's not on your lines. Since they can actually somehow calculate your hands on time on the keyboard, no one every actually seems to get any sort of OT pay anyway. 

They constantly add to the abbreviations list. They constantly add to or change their style guidelines. QA reviews are inconsistent to say the least. One QA will point out something, and then the next QA will contradict the first one. I have been there a while and have all sorts of "style" markups still. 

Almost EVERY DAY you are jerked around to other centers for "teamwork." That is nothing more than a way to slow you down, since you are unfamiliar with those doctors and obviously will not have made short cuts made for them. Anybody can see this is a very nonproductive use of a person's time, when they have a center they usually work and are always on the same doctors and have short cuts for them. Why they think this is a good way to manage the work just shows how clueless those in charge are. 

The team leads will act friendly to you for the most part, but they really don't want to hear from you if you have issues with something. Also, they will respond to your email of questions and concerns with a new cc to the transcription manager - gee thanks, NOT! I feel like it is a way for them to discourage you from bringing issues up to them since most of the TLs seem totally stressed most of the time. 

You can only take a day off if no one, not a single other person, on your team is also off on the day you want. I learned my first year here that if I had a day you know you need off, especially in the summer months, to ask in January. I have been completely turned down when unexpected family things have come up. 

As far as I can tell, transcription is the only group within the administration offices that is required to work holidays. If you want to take a day off during the regular work week, you can make up that day on the Sunday before or the Saturday after. I have done this many, many times so as to save my PTO. However, when asked why at least Thanksgiving and Christmas aren't handled in a similar manner, either work the Sun before the holiday or the Sat after instead of the holiday, they insist that it is not possible and they HAVE to have coverage. I do not see why it works perfectly fine during any other week of the year, but not a major holiday. We do not do stat work or have mandatory turnaround times and sometimes I work on reports that are almost a week old, so this is not the issue. 

The IT dept is very friendly, but seems like they do not care too much if transcription is having problems nor do they seem very capable of fixing anything. I have had little computer issues that I have just learned to live with. They are not a big deal, but very annoying, and it sure would be very nice to have a properly working system to do my work! 

Again, if you are thinking about signing on, please think twice. Look back at the archives and pay attention to ALL the posts. I have seen in the past a few posts that only point out the good parts of being at PF. Look at the posts where the people were unhappy and you will see others with similar complaints. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)