Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: IC worker.. (Views: 37)

now PF cuts TL pay for those subbing in - anon

Posted: Aug 19th, 2017 - 10:02 am In Reply to: Just a note PF lines - MTMT

On top of you do having to type with the required abbreviations and the short staccato non-sentences, the fact that we now have to jump from center to center every morning slows you down.

You have to go into the system where the patient files are, download the files for that center and date of service and then set up a new document and then you can start. Most of the time, downloading several patient lists is what I end up doing, because I always end up with multiple files for the new center. This doesn't really take a long time, it is just MORE admin work, which of course people in the transcription field never pay anyone for.

Also, just found out from a coworker that the pay if you sub in for your TL (when they take time off, they need someone available to answer blanks, type STAT work, and answer questions, etc), has been significantly cut.

In the past, on a day you were subbing for your TL, you were allowed to type 1000 lines and you got 4 hours of admin time. Now they require you to type your full line count and you only get 2.5 hours of admin time - unless your TL is off for a whole week, in which case you get the old pay rate????? So your time helping out is less valuable if your TL takes off 1, 2, 3, or 4 days? How often does someone take a whole week off, once or twice a year? They are getting you to do extra and cutting your pay for the efforts.

Glad I never moved into a position where I was subbing in for my TL, because I would be pretty upset!

Anyway, as far as PF goes, it is probably better than most of the transcription jobs out there, but I get what the OP is saying, they are always looking to cut corners to the transcriptionist, and in this regard anyway, PF is really no better than anywhere else.

I used to think they were pretty fair, but I agree with the OP, in the past couple of years, they have taken a definite turn for the worse!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)