Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Not that difficult I would think...SM - New PF Employee

Posted: Aug 18th, 2017 - 10:02 am In Reply to: Patient First - long-time MT

I've been with PF for only a little over a month now, and I'm getting my 1500 lines in about 6 hours. That 6 hours is NOT hands on keyboard only time. I mean that it takes me 6 hours while getting up occasionally for more to drink, use the bathroom, throw a load of clothes in the wash, etc. I haven't been subjected to the OT 1700 lines yet, but I don't see it being a problem to get that extra 200 lines in under 2 hours.

And also, it will take me less than 8 hours, so I'm not really that upset that I won't get actual OT pay for it. I don't know of any company at all, transcription or otherwise, that would pay OT for working less than 40 hours in a week. That's outside of any holidays.

I don't particularly mind jumping from center to center. I've only worked in about half the centers in my region so far though, so this could definitely change, not sure. The thing is that the dictators jump from center to center also as far as I can tell. Maybe there are some that don't, but I have definitely come across multiple dictators who work in multiple centers. I've been able to make exam shorts for many of the dictators after only doing a few of their reports. Not all of course, but then not all dictators make our lives easier by saying the same thing every time unfortunately.

I'm sure there are going to be things about PF that frustrate me. It's a job. Seriously, it's a job! It's not going to be perfect, nothing is. There will be times I want to strangle my TL I have no doubt. She seems very nice, but in talking to her, I can definitely see the potential for wanting to strangle her at some point lol.

All I can say is that the switch to PF was definitely the way to go for me. I've lost 2 jobs in the past 2 years with small MTSOs after they lost their accounts, and the job I was with prior to PF did not have enough work for me. I've tried working for the big nationals, Nuance, TTS, even Medquist once upon a time, and not one of those experiences was a positive one. The only one I was even remotely happy about was Medquist, and that was just because it was my first MT job. It lasted a year before I managed to find another job.

For me the good with PF far outweighs the bad, and for anyone thinking of applying, you'll have to decide for yourself just like with anything else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)