Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I concur! - PFMT

Posted: Sep 3rd, 2017 - 10:00 am In Reply to: Not that difficult I would think...SM - New PF Employee

After coming from outsource services where I had dozens of dictators and widely different account specs, I am thankful for the stability of PF! I transcribe at the most 20 different dictators in my region.

Yes, they have very specific guidelines, but they are the same for every center! No exceptions to keep track of. If a dictator does it different, you still use the guidelines. I love that!

As far as the abbreviations go, I don't think they are terribly extensive. There are a lot of things they abbreviate that need to be expanded. I feel like it doesn't matter as long as I can keep my foot on the pedal and fingers moving.

I do feel that my use of Instant Text helps a lot. My hands rarely leave the keyboard.

I love the flexibility. I can work any time during the 23 hour window and change the time every day if I want. I can change my days during the week to get a specific day off for an appointment.

After doing hospital MT for many, many years, I am glad to spend my "golden" years of my MT life transcribing earaches, lacerations and ankle sprains.

When I first started, it took patience to get used to the format along with loading my expander with tons of shortcuts. Within about 3 months I could get my work done in less than 6 hours. If I am diligent and stick with it, I can often get my work done in 5 hours. I find it easier to do that in split sessions - 2-3 hours, followed by other activities, then finish later.

My TL has gotten good at letting us stick with our assigned centers unless another center is behind or someone is off.

Then there are the benefits: I actually get PTO and insurance including eye and dental. Since I had to pay my own insurance for most of the past 15 years that is a real plus.

I know I got a little off topic here, as I am including things I have been wanting to post for a while. I hope that some who read this will see that it will be a good fit for them. Maybe we can get enough MTs on board that we wont have mandatory OT this winter!

I will check back here to see if anyone has other questions - I will be happy to answer them. However, I will not reply to e-mails sent from the board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)