Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: gall bladder surgery.. (Views: 49)

Comparison - Backwoods Typist

Posted: Apr 16th, 2016 - 5:20 pm In Reply to: Lets Make - A comparison

I was not making any kind of comparison. I simply stated that our wages had fallen to that of fast food workers.

Also, I am all too aware of the wide array of jobs that have seen their share of outsourcing, and that its root is seated in greed and the heavy desire to save money. Its hard to go anywhere without finding someone who has not been touched by this. I did not mean to imply that our industry was the only one to see this.

Finally, yes we could get the balls to try to fight, but more than likely it is going to blow up in our faces. If someone wants to save money bad enough, they can and most likely WILL find a way. The way I see it, MT has gone too far. There will always been MT jobs, yes, but we have to face the very real fact that MT will never be what it once was. Pay will never be what it was, treatment will never be what it was, the list goes on. Fight if you want, but I am tired of fighting what I see as a lost cause. I continue to fight, however, for my way out to something better. I choose not to whine or whimper about it any longer and am making steps to get out. I have figured out that it's the MTSO's fault, not mine that there is no work, that my pay stinks and that they treat me bad.

You made a lot of assumptions, many of which I never implied at all in my OP. Before we make assumptions, maybe we need to read it again to make sure we get the context of it. Remember that we cannot hear the voice, and the inflection of said voice, so please really think things through before you end up with your foot in your mouth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)