Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Exactly! - oldtimer

Posted: Apr 15th, 2016 - 6:05 pm In Reply to: Reality calling... - Backwoods Typist

I so agree! I have done this for 45 years, so I have seen a lot of changes! For the first 20 of those years, I saw the career gain in prestige, and we were an integral part of the hospital medical records dept., and we were lauded for being oftentimes as knowledgeable as beginning nurses or medical students...doctors used to come into our department in person and thank us for making them "sound good." but over the past 15 years, what with the much touted (and overpraised) voice recognition, I have seen us turn into "disposables." and, the respect for MTs as a career went way down, along with the pay....what other field sees pay go down so that (in my case) a person with 40+ years experience sees their pay drop yearly ...I agree with a lot of you; I don't think it will ever turn back around...I am at the tail end of it now (only part time, thank God)...but I would never, ever advise a young person to take this up...it is a "fast food" job and if that is what you are up for, then go for it...but if you are serious about a career, forget it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)