Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Respect - We all hear ya

Posted: Apr 14th, 2016 - 10:19 pm In Reply to: MTs - Demand Respect! - Belinda C.

If you are an experienced MT, this is such a slap in the face, we can hardly believe what it has become, but there are a lot of MTs who don't have a lot of experience and plenty who do who will work for what is given to them. On the account I was on as an IC I was getting 8 cpl and it was straight transcription. When we took over Nuance's ambulatory care it went to 7 cpl and eventually will all be voice for 4 and they want a perfectly edited report. You would think we are writing the world's greatest novel and not just documenting. I am being dinged for commas and semi-colons!

We can scream from the rafters, but no one will hear sorry to say and the clinics are turning to scribes.

For myself, who totally agrees with you, I got out, took a part time outside of transcription. Could not take the abuse any longer. I still do it at home, but on a very limited basis and on my time only.

Also at one time ICs were done away with because the IRS got after these places and now they are crawling out of the woodwork.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)