Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

You're darn right...SM - Old Anon

Posted: Apr 15th, 2016 - 3:43 pm In Reply to: An Associates Degree is college educated - Jofalltrades

an associate degree is 2 year's of college education. I have an A.S. from what was then Johnson & Wales College (now University). In addition to 2 semesters of anatomy and physiology, I studied shorthand and medical shorthand (not many cassette tape recorders yet), typing (including medical and legal formats), economics, 2 semesters of accounting, business English, public speaking, and business law. We also had a course in professional behavior on the job, ethics, and how to dress appropriately for the work place. This was important stuff back then as there was no working at home in your jammies. I had well-paying jobs up until 4 years ago when I was laid off from my last hospital job, so I did well with an associate degree. I took early SS at 63 and now work part time doing transcription at home. I was lucky enough that I made it to 63 before the hospital outsourced us. I know some have not been so lucky. I also did not have a large desire or need to work from home, and I was also able to buy my own home during the good times with a rental apartment upstairs that pays half the mortgage. So, do not ever put down as associate degrees as not being helpful. It was for me back then, and may be helpful now for some, depending on what field you are choosing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)