Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

you can still claim 1/2 of husband's SS - as long as it is not more than

Posted: Dec 29th, 2015 - 8:47 am In Reply to: I think they did away with spouse benefit...sm - mt2

YOUR benefit. My husband's SS is low and my estimated benefit so far is MORE than his, so they told me I can NEVER take 1/2 my husband's benefit since mine is already more (just barely). But I am trying to hold on for full retirement to squeak out a little bit more from SS and the N is making it so tempting to retire early.

I am applying elsewhere but do not want to change "careers" at this stage. If I take early retirement, then I will ALWAYS have to work part time and I am beginning to wonder if I want to DO that or if I CAN do that. Things are starting to fall apart and I don't just mean ME. Lol.

If you have a SS office within striking distance they can give you an estimated printout and answer your questions. They are very helpful if you can talk in person.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)