A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What's the definition of a MAJOR error? - Pollyanna

Posted: Mar 18, 2014

I get notices of major errors and don't see anything about what constitutes a major error.  It sounds subjective to me! I'm more than fed up with this punitive grading system.

If you leave "a" out. nm - noname

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Depends on the auditor. . . - inconsistent. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

If you leave "a" out. ~ LOL, or "the." - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xo

I got points off for adding "the." Accused of padding my - line count. nm/kotex

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
They swing both ways, right or wrong! - best to be verbatim. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
xo
Kotex, LMFAO!!!! - lm friggin AO
[ In Reply To ..]
Too funny. Thanks for the laugh. :)
You welcome. First word came to my mind when I typed padding. nm - kotex
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

any error that would allow you to get a bonus. - thatsall

[ In Reply To ..]
Any stupid typo or punctuation that could bring down your score to just a fraction under what you need to get any bonus they may be dangling in front of you.

Ask your TSM to send you the list of errors - and their values

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Major error - NJA

[ In Reply To ..]
Major errors normally constitute terminology misuse, omissions/insertions, and incorrect patient demographics/author ID. These types of errors have critical impact on patient care/documentation.

Adding an "a" to a report does nothing to alter the meaning of the report, and should not be considered as errors, however, the MT should be receiving feedback of such errors and should take necessary steps to correct it.

List of errors - Pollyanna

[ In Reply To ..]
I did ask for something and was told it was in print somewhere - I don't see it. I don't want to communicate with management anymore than I have to. Everything is a major error it seems to me. I knew from day 1 I'd never see a bonus and I never have!

It may be on the ENRICH site. My TSM sent us - a PDF copy a while back.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Another Major Error
Jul 29, 2013

Thought I was going to make it through today with no Major error but no such luck.  I typed "There are" and they heard "The"  Trust me either way the sentence says the same thing and in no way changes the meaning of the sentence so I get dinged a major error for this.  I really hope these quality people get good bonuses for these type things.  Just another major error to add to my very long list.  More in the last 2 weeks then in my entire career of being a transcription ...

Got Another MAJOR Error....
Jun 11, 2014

.....for missing a pronoun at the begininng of a sentence... Symptoms started instead of His symptoms started....major error?  I think not.  Minus 1.0 whole point for me! There is no consistency in the grading of reports.  And again I say, this is a subjective error...someone heard it, I did not and it does not matter anyway.  Doctors do not dictate complete sentences all the time. Not to mention the fact that this NP dictator is ALL over the place...go back here, change ...

Major Error - R U Serious?
Jun 23, 2014

These FIESA fiends gave me a major error for leaving out the word "includes" after a header.  It's all I can do to do this job these days with my son seriously ill.  The last thing I need is this incessant nit-picking. ...

How Is This A Major Error?
Aug 04, 2014

radiology. Electrocardiogram shows a sinus mechanism, right bundle branch block. The rate is radiology. She had electrocardiogramshows a sinus mechanism, right bundle branch block. The rate is ?????? From the BS doctor (those are his initials) who is a horrible ESL dictator that I spend a lot of time straight typing--waste of my time.    ...

Major Error
Feb 24, 2015

Need advice, should I even bother?  VR transcribed patient is a 9-1/2-year old xxxx.  Got major error and corrected to 9-year and 7-month-old xxxx.   Is that truly a major error???  Of course it was on short report so completely screwed my percentage, so frustrating and irritating.  Let me know what you think guys?  ...

Major Error, Blank?
Aug 19, 2011

This just tops of my bad day.  I get on to check previous reports from yesterday and see 1 correction on 1 report out of all of them.  QA filled in my blank, and the error category is "major" with subcategory "not applicable."  Platform is Cornerstone.  Since when is it a major error to leave a blank for something we aren't sure about?  After listening, again, I still can't tell if it is the word QA put in or the word I thought it "might" be; hence, the blank.& ...

Major Error Suggestion. See What Happens
Jul 31, 2013

Keep track of every job you send to QA with blanks or other. Compare job numbers to those jobs that come back with major errors.  Want to bet that most of those jobs we have a hard time with are the very same jobs that we are getting marked down for?  Most likely the very blank or the very problem we had is what the major error is for. ...

Just Got My First FIESA Major Error
Aug 04, 2013

Just got my first FIESA (actually 2) major errors within minutes of each other. Now I feel like I'm part of the club. Anyone know how much bonus $$ they get for making stuff up? Needless to say, I did not commit the errors they "found" as I keep notes on dictations that I have questions about or problems with. How insulting this all is. ...

FIESA MAJOR ERROR
Nov 08, 2013

So I check FIESA this morning and they give me a MAJOR error for typing "and" instead of "on" on a very poor quality recording... As in..."we will need to see on whether we need to check" and I put ....." we will need to see and whether we need to check"   I told my acct manager - I said really that warrants a MAJOR error - she replies   Yes, really............  I have THE WORST account manager in the company - she NEVER EVER EVER sticks up for me.. maybe she hates me - f ...

Major Error For Transcribing 83-yr-old Instead
Jan 21, 2015

This dictator was the WORST of the WORST too!  I bet if I were ABLE to go back and listen I'd still hear 83 or at least not be able to tell the difference.  AND ANYWAY....How in the h-e--- is getting the patient's age off by one lousy year (esp at that age--might be different if it were a child)..... So, but for that "major error" on the report I would have gotten 100%....no other errors.  Instead I failed (psfssst!) and get under 99%.  Really?   I r ...

Is Every Error A Major Error Now?
Jul 31, 2013

Is every error, both real or fabricated, a major error now? Are there no levels of error any longer?  Seems that EVERYTHING under the sun that can be made up is a major freakin' error.  I would swear that I did not even make any of these and that these are fabricated.  WTH?  ...

Since When Is Misspelling A Doc Name A Major Critical Error????
Feb 14, 2013

This is a new one to me and laughable honestly. I thought we were to spell phoenetically a doctor's name in the text if we cannot find it or verify it.  So this is what I did as usual and got a MAJOR CRITICAL ERROR for putting the wrong doc name??? WTH. Seems like they are grasping at straws now. What's the deal? We are to be mind readers now and get these names exact every time even when they don't spell, we can't find, etc. etc. Nuance just makes itself look ridiculous ...

Second Time This Week--major Error
Jun 13, 2014

I put, ".....half normal saline to given in..." Should be, "....half normal saline to be given in...." Got a MAJOR error....1.0 point.  I cannot be the only one this happens to!  ...

How Does A 1.0 Major Error Result In 5 Percent Off?
Jan 22, 2015

I had a horrible dictation, could barely hear and therefore, according to the auditor, I missed where he said "white" female and left it out.  They marked it as 1.0 major error and gave me a percentage of 95 percent! Cannot wait to find another job more fun and certainly more rewarding!!! ...

FIESA "MAJOR" Error
Nov 22, 2014

Patient's age was off by one year, not sure if that is what he dictated or I didn't catch his error or if what VR put and I didn't catch it.  In any event, the fact that the patient's age was incorrect by one year is a MAJOR error.  ...

MAJOR, MAJOR PROBLEMS This Morning With
Sep 11, 2010

Cannot get the voice to download all the way causing me to not finish report completely. ...

* Imedx And Major, Major Changes In 2 Weeks, Probably
Feb 14, 2015

Okay, let's sum it up: 1. Imedx hid information on losing more than one account for months, this is a fact. 2. Number one above is confirmed by Imedx having an acct going to EPIC, and a few days later 3 accounts that we "do not have access to anymore" as stated by manager. 3. Number two above did not say we lost, or Nuance took back, etc., just "no access." 4. In other words, work shifted to cheaper folks, we get that. 5. Lack of any emails in 2 weeks regarding what is going on is abso ...

Definition For Epi's
Nov 11, 2009

Does epi's stand for epithelial cells? I can't seem to find it, and I can't remember for sure if this is correct. Thanks in advance ...

Definition
Jan 16, 2013

I'm looking for a definition of Southern or Gibson-type approach?  Help and thank you! JT ...

Looking For IMSP Definition
Feb 04, 2010

Does anybody know what IMSP stands for (IMSP augmentation mammoplasty)? I cannot find this anywhere. Account wants abbreviations expanded. Thanx ...

Phrase Definition
Jul 30, 2012

Has anyone heard the phrase "office artifact"? It sounds like he's saying that or "off its artifact" and is referencing a tremor.  Any help is appreciated. ...

Go Live Definition
Oct 30, 2012

I'm new to this - what does "go live" actually mean?  Is it when it goes from strictly straight typing to VR?  Or is it when an MTSO gets a brand new acct?  Thanks! ...

My Definition Of FIESA
Apr 04, 2014

Frankly Idiotic and Extremely Stupid A**** ...

IC Status Legal Definition
May 25, 2010

Can someone provide me with a link to a legal definition of an independent contractor?  I had taken a temporary job with a woman who had a small MTSO and was without a contract.  She effectively bamboozled me but I did file a W9 with her.  Any help will be appreciated.  Feel free to email me with sensitive information if necessary.  Thanks. ...

40-hour Week Definition
Nov 09, 2010

I work in the medical transcription industry. My employer is in TN.  We are required to work 40 hours per week, and we are paid on the basis of lines of dictation we transcribe per day.  Many days there is not enough work during a shift (a shift given us by our employer) to complete our 8 hours of work.  This means that in order to comply with company request, we have to work 2 to 3 hours at night to complete our 40 hours, even though we have sat at our desks and continually check ...

Definition Of Work Week For KS. . . . .
Mar 21, 2011

would anyone out there happen to know how Keystrokes defines a work week?  Does it start on Sun and go thru Sat or start on Mon and end Sun.  (I have been offered a position and would be curious as to the above).  Thanks!!!   ...

Independent Contractor Definition
Oct 11, 2011

I am looking for some clarification on the definition, as per the IRS website, of an "independent contractor."  With the majority of companies now hiring MTs as IC's, does this definition apply ? "You are not an independent contractor if you perform services that can be controlled by an employer (what will be done and how it will be done). This applies even if you are given freedom of action. What matters is that the employer has the legal right to control the details of how the servi ...

Straight Transcription Definition
Aug 01, 2012

Can someone define for me exactly what "straight transcription" is when a company advertises for it.... I am an IC looking for the best possible line rate. Thanks! ...

E-nun-ciate.. Learn The Definition Doc
May 04, 2014

and she's is dictating all old reports one after another after another..God I need a new job. I HATE this... ...

Independent Contractor - IRS Definition Of An IC, The IC Cannot Be Tested
Mar 13, 2010

As I understand it, according to IRS definition of an IC, the IC cannot be tested. If this is so, how do the transcription companies get away with testing for IC positions as mentioned in their ads. Is this legal? ...