A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Since when is misspelling a doc name a major critical error???? - MT

Posted: Feb 14, 2013

This is a new one to me and laughable honestly. I thought we were to spell phoenetically a doctor's name in the text if we cannot find it or verify it.  So this is what I did as usual and got a MAJOR CRITICAL ERROR for putting the wrong doc name??? WTH. Seems like they are grasping at straws now. What's the deal? We are to be mind readers now and get these names exact every time even when they don't spell, we can't find, etc. etc. Nuance just makes itself look ridiculous when these things come across.  

major error - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
See the below thread. Nuance will do anything to keep you from getting a bonus.

If I could just get to talk to one particular QA face to face.

Starting to think there is truly something wrong mentally with the QA.

It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and removal all doubt, Nuance QA.

It is a power trip, or really just plain stupid?

CRITICAL ERROR - beaten down

[ In Reply To ..]
I say we bombard them with flagged reports - this is ridiculous. You CANNOT make them happy. Must of been a boring day in India yesterday, after seeing all of the QA posts.

Here's my critical errors from yesterday - - sickofnuance

[ In Reply To ..]
1. Left out the word "of".
2. Could not understand Dr. for copy so created one with UNKNOWN DOCTOR. Was sent a message with the Dr.'s name and how easy it was to find. Well excuse the heck out of me.
3. Left out the word "an".

There are many more - some of which I deserve but most not.

I haven't looked at FIESA for months. They told me to check it daily. Screw that.

that's ridiculous and inappopriate - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

When they pay me by the hour to check FIESA - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
then I will. Otherwise, I get paid only when I am producing lines.
paid by hour to check FIESA - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Agreed. i dont attend any meetings, look at their stupid newsletter (because it makes me angry) or do anything else they don't pay me for. No overtime either.

If they would learn to manage accounts better, there would not be out of work situations and they would not be begging for OT on weekends.

Sick of Pukance!!!
Me either!! I thought I was the only one who felt this way !!! - sickofnuance
[ In Reply To ..]
I only do what I get paid for.
My 2 cents worth on QA.... - gimmeabreak
[ In Reply To ..]
Don't clog up with the system with "what would score would have been if this was a real audit" crap every time you send a report to QA to fill in the blanks. Don't expect us to look into your system every day for this crap feedback when you don't pay us to log in and hunt over that system for these things. Just give us straight QA scores and don't count things such as "BOS says" that dictator didn't say and client didn't request as wrong. (for example, if dictator says height is 5 feet 1 I give them that and not 5 feet 1 inch). I'll get off my soapbox now.

I got dinked for leaving out word "of" also. nm - Blanku

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

do all QA have PMS? - Snow Bunny (the original)

[ In Reply To ..]
'Cause they sound like the B word.

Somebody needs to inform them what a critical error is.

Nuance - dana

[ In Reply To ..]
I started with Nuance in November. Not my choice. I am desparately seeking an outside job doing anything just so I can say adios Nuance. I got a message from my TMS stating that I had 3 critical or major errors and my score was only 97.35%. Excuse me, but in school that would have been an A. I have typed some of these doctors I am doing for close to 30 years. I think I know what they are saying better than these other idiots. I have to get 100% between now and the followup he is goind go do on the 28th. Good luck to me! I wonder what he will do if I get 99.99%.
NASTY NUANCE - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Just plain old nasty, and not to their advantage either. If you give me an attitude over "the, an, of or other BS" that doesn't mean a thing, you will not get anything extra out of me.

Does anybody at Nuance have a clue on how to manage people? I think not.

must have been - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Critical error major error for leaving a blank. - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
the reason for this: incorrect verbiage.
(for leaving a blank).
This takes the cake.

I also got a critical error for leaving a blank, followed by a nastygram from my TL to pay attention - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Good point. This uncalled for nastiness... WTH - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Have worked for services and hospitals on site too since the late 1980s. In my life (no joke) I have never run across such nastiness from so many people (except MTs) in a job in my life. And that includes HR at Nuance. Seriously. What is the problem. They get a power trip or there is something in the water up there in the offices in MA. And I worked for MModal too. Now that place is evil, but not outright nasty which in some ways can be deceptive. What ever happened to managers applying the course they took in their MBA classes on the psychology of managing people and the positives of encouragement for productivity i.e. treating employees as valuable instead of things.
Oh, nevermind. No MBAs over there.
HA.
Got a major error- Oh my this really changed things - Nonsense
[ In Reply To ..]
My report stated:
MEDICATIONS: Aspirin, blah, blah, blah.

This is the "major."

MEDICATIONS: Include aspirin, blah, blah, blah.

Talk about ticked!!
They want "include/d" and "significant for" to be included, - yet the VR is programmed to IGNORE THEM!
[ In Reply To ..]
Why can't anybody fix this stuff from the VR end of things so we don't have all the responsibility on our shoulders (not to mention time wasted) in order to correct these issues in the draft? Why does one account always, always put "kilos," yet it is supposed to be "kg"? Who messed this stuff all up on the original drafts in the beginning, and then nobody will correct it?

And it never "learns," that has to be the biggest farce of all.
Oh yes, they love that one! - anmt
[ In Reply To ..]
I'll bet I know which one marked you off for that!

My other favorite is the 1.0 major error for "added/omitted dictation" for leaving off "significant for" or "consist of." The first I can somewhat see because it implies there are other items NOT listed, and the provider is only listing the relevant items. But "consist of" does not change the meaning.

The very best part is how when I start putting those phrases back in, I get marked off for unnecessarily restating the heading.

Shout out to the QCs who demonstrate their poor knowledge of grammar by trying to correct what's already correct, too--like how "review of systems" takes a singular verb because the subject is "review," singular; "of systems" is the prepositional phrase that modifies the subject.

My TL encourages me to dispute these but who has time?! I could easily spend 2 hours a week in FIESA. No thanks!

They've all got sand in their swimsuits. I refuse to make that my problem. MY problem is finding another job where I'm not subject to the whims of spiteful old bags who don't remember as much from their English classes as they think they do.

Since When - LeaveABlank

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't agree that misspelling a doctor's name or any name should be a critical error. However, you said you "thought" you were to spell the doctor's name phonetically. Did you bother to ask your TL or check the Account Specifics for this? Or, whenever in doubt on any spelling just leave a blank. That's the best rule of thumb. Never guess at anything!

I got marked for actually changing the age to the correct age - so sick of this company

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, seems that either the dr. can't figure the age or the VR gets it wrong, so I did change the age to the correct age and got marked for that-said I needed to verify it. Excuse me, but isn't subtracting the year of birth from this year verification enough? So I am not a match genius but I can do that. Now, I just blank it and send it on.

Similar Messages:

Got A Critical Error For "omitting Dictation Of A Critical Nature."
Jan 04, 2010

The dictator said "... will get cardiac enzymes and will get a carotid Doppler in the morning...", or something similar, I have deleted the report.  I left out the second will.  This is not a verbatim account.  Critical error for omitted dictation pertains to lab results, normal values, etc.  I didn't think the word will meets that criteria.  I also had Tylenol No. 3 changed to Tylenol #3.  The drug lists still show it as No. 3.  ...

So, I Get A Critical Error...
Apr 19, 2014

I'm supposed to provide feedback. Okay, fine, here it is: It was a typo. I sure learned a lot from your snarky auto message. Why do you have to keep making people feel bad for making a freaking typing error? Whoever is running the show at Nuance really needs to seek help. All you (they) can do is cut our wages and find fault with our work? It must be stupendously reassuring to be you and be so perfect. ...

Critical Error.
May 07, 2015

Just had my first critical error ever! I'm so upset. BP number. I know I lose major points but am I in any sort of trouble, reprimand or anything like that? I know this job isn't the greatest but I so need it! Very worried. ...

Critical Error On Job Feedback
Nov 13, 2013

I received a notice of critical error that was in red and would not allow me to read the other feedback reports where I left blanks.  Since we have been warned so much about critical errors and how much weight they have, I was afraid to open this report.  The critical error was :  Alert an oriented (but what I should have typed was "alert and oriented."  I forgot the "d" on "and." I can think of so many other things that would have been a crtical error, like leaving out a di ...

Critical Error...my Backside!
Mar 18, 2014

So...I was just dinged for a critical error.  Supposedly, I typed an incorrect medication.  I specifically remembered this dictation and remembered the medication I typed, which was NOT the medication marked in the critical error.  SO - I went into my statistics for the day, pulled up the detail for that particular job and there it was....the CORRECT medication.  Somehow, the correct medication was taken out and the incorrect one was put back in.     You better be ...

Just Made A Critical Error
Mar 31, 2014

Made A Critical Error On My First Job Of The Day
Aug 13, 2014

to mail some overdue bills and pulled out in front of a cop on the way home. I'm almost afraid to breathe the rest of the day. Is this supposed to be Friday, the 13th? ...

Critical Error Question
Dec 10, 2014

Pardon my ignorance, but if you get a critical error on a QC review (meaning NOT a post-audit), that does not count against you? ...

What Constitutes A Critical Error In Your Book?
Dec 04, 2009

Besides medication errors, can you give me some examples of what other errors could affect patient care? ...

Living In Fear Of Critical Error.
Jan 24, 2010

I've got this terror of critical errors.  I shudder every time I check my feedback, if I've left a marker (sometimes I've noticed they'll check the entire report, not just the marker.  Guess it depends on the MME).  What happens if you get a critical error?  Are you back on QA for awhile?  Do you get nasty e-mails?  Do you get canned?  40 lashes? ...

How Is Accidentally Omitting The DOS In The ADT A Critical Error?
May 14, 2012

x ...

So I Finally Got The Dreaded CRITICAL LAB VALUE ERROR
Mar 04, 2015

So 3 points off...short report....and, course failed, 88%......I'm doomed for the next 2 weeks.  Probably now way to get up over 99% at this point.   Anyway, so I went back to check on it (I usually don't bother), I was going to try to relisten (still can't for whatever reason)...but what I DID see was that the report was sent to the client with the apparently incorrect value of 0.5 still on the report.   So they find the error but don't correct it?   ...

I Am TICKED OFF Beyond Belief. I Just Got A Critical Error
Mar 11, 2015

for something that I specifically remember changing to the correct lab value. ...

Another Major Error
Jul 29, 2013

Thought I was going to make it through today with no Major error but no such luck.  I typed "There are" and they heard "The"  Trust me either way the sentence says the same thing and in no way changes the meaning of the sentence so I get dinged a major error for this.  I really hope these quality people get good bonuses for these type things.  Just another major error to add to my very long list.  More in the last 2 weeks then in my entire career of being a transcription ...

Got Another MAJOR Error....
Jun 11, 2014

.....for missing a pronoun at the begininng of a sentence... Symptoms started instead of His symptoms started....major error?  I think not.  Minus 1.0 whole point for me! There is no consistency in the grading of reports.  And again I say, this is a subjective error...someone heard it, I did not and it does not matter anyway.  Doctors do not dictate complete sentences all the time. Not to mention the fact that this NP dictator is ALL over the place...go back here, change ...

Major Error - R U Serious?
Jun 23, 2014

These FIESA fiends gave me a major error for leaving out the word "includes" after a header.  It's all I can do to do this job these days with my son seriously ill.  The last thing I need is this incessant nit-picking. ...

How Is This A Major Error?
Aug 04, 2014

radiology. Electrocardiogram shows a sinus mechanism, right bundle branch block. The rate is radiology. She had electrocardiogramshows a sinus mechanism, right bundle branch block. The rate is ?????? From the BS doctor (those are his initials) who is a horrible ESL dictator that I spend a lot of time straight typing--waste of my time.    ...

Major Error
Feb 24, 2015

Need advice, should I even bother?  VR transcribed patient is a 9-1/2-year old xxxx.  Got major error and corrected to 9-year and 7-month-old xxxx.   Is that truly a major error???  Of course it was on short report so completely screwed my percentage, so frustrating and irritating.  Let me know what you think guys?  ...

Major Error, Blank?
Aug 19, 2011

This just tops of my bad day.  I get on to check previous reports from yesterday and see 1 correction on 1 report out of all of them.  QA filled in my blank, and the error category is "major" with subcategory "not applicable."  Platform is Cornerstone.  Since when is it a major error to leave a blank for something we aren't sure about?  After listening, again, I still can't tell if it is the word QA put in or the word I thought it "might" be; hence, the blank.& ...

Major Error Suggestion. See What Happens
Jul 31, 2013

Keep track of every job you send to QA with blanks or other. Compare job numbers to those jobs that come back with major errors.  Want to bet that most of those jobs we have a hard time with are the very same jobs that we are getting marked down for?  Most likely the very blank or the very problem we had is what the major error is for. ...

Just Got My First FIESA Major Error
Aug 04, 2013

Just got my first FIESA (actually 2) major errors within minutes of each other. Now I feel like I'm part of the club. Anyone know how much bonus $$ they get for making stuff up? Needless to say, I did not commit the errors they "found" as I keep notes on dictations that I have questions about or problems with. How insulting this all is. ...

FIESA MAJOR ERROR
Nov 08, 2013

So I check FIESA this morning and they give me a MAJOR error for typing "and" instead of "on" on a very poor quality recording... As in..."we will need to see on whether we need to check" and I put ....." we will need to see and whether we need to check"   I told my acct manager - I said really that warrants a MAJOR error - she replies   Yes, really............  I have THE WORST account manager in the company - she NEVER EVER EVER sticks up for me.. maybe she hates me - f ...

What's The Definition Of A MAJOR Error?
Mar 18, 2014

I get notices of major errors and don't see anything about what constitutes a major error.  It sounds subjective to me! I'm more than fed up with this punitive grading system. ...

Major Error For Transcribing 83-yr-old Instead
Jan 21, 2015

This dictator was the WORST of the WORST too!  I bet if I were ABLE to go back and listen I'd still hear 83 or at least not be able to tell the difference.  AND ANYWAY....How in the h-e--- is getting the patient's age off by one lousy year (esp at that age--might be different if it were a child)..... So, but for that "major error" on the report I would have gotten 100%....no other errors.  Instead I failed (psfssst!) and get under 99%.  Really?   I r ...

Is Every Error A Major Error Now?
Jul 31, 2013

Is every error, both real or fabricated, a major error now? Are there no levels of error any longer?  Seems that EVERYTHING under the sun that can be made up is a major freakin' error.  I would swear that I did not even make any of these and that these are fabricated.  WTH?  ...

Second Time This Week--major Error
Jun 13, 2014

I put, ".....half normal saline to given in..." Should be, "....half normal saline to be given in...." Got a MAJOR error....1.0 point.  I cannot be the only one this happens to!  ...

How Does A 1.0 Major Error Result In 5 Percent Off?
Jan 22, 2015

I had a horrible dictation, could barely hear and therefore, according to the auditor, I missed where he said "white" female and left it out.  They marked it as 1.0 major error and gave me a percentage of 95 percent! Cannot wait to find another job more fun and certainly more rewarding!!! ...

Audits - How Can You Get A "critical" Error And Still Get 99.3% On An Audit, Thereby
Sep 11, 2011

barely scraping by and passing according to MQ?  I just received an audit that had a score of 99.3%.   I'm told I passed the audit but got a critical error (left out a word) so she will need to do another audit next week.  Fine. But how can I get a critical error (in their eyes anyway) and still "pass" the audit?  More importantly, does anyone know if my pay is going to be docked because of this critical error, or do you just have to get 99% period.   TIA ...

Fiesa "critical Error" Emails
Dec 21, 2012

I noticed I had some "critical error" emails, but when I go into fiesa, they are not showing.  Why wouldn't they be?  I don't know why they make this process so confusing, or maybe its just me.  ...

FIESA "MAJOR" Error
Nov 22, 2014

Patient's age was off by one year, not sure if that is what he dictated or I didn't catch his error or if what VR put and I didn't catch it.  In any event, the fact that the patient's age was incorrect by one year is a MAJOR error.  ...