A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Second time this week--major error - ridiculous

Posted: Jun 13, 2014

I put, ".....half normal saline to given in..."

Should be, "....half normal saline to be given in...."

Got a MAJOR error....1.0 point. 

I cannot be the only one this happens to! 

Major Error - Fatigued Fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
It happens to me, too, and I very rarely used to get major errors. Now it seems I get 2 or 3 a week. I think they're just looking for an excuse to get rid of people so they can hire new ones at lower pay. This career sure isn't what it used to be.

Major error - Dotty

[ In Reply To ..]
Happens to me too. Lower pay? How is that possible? I struggle to make minimum wage as it is. I have to rush so much, I end up making what I think are minor errors that they call major like missing out the word "the." Patient care really threatened with that ommision!!!

You didn't say if it was Post Audit or if - it came from the facility itself

[ In Reply To ..]
I only get things like that from the facility itself. It says Client Feedback under Audit Type.

It was actually a QC1 - ridiculous

[ In Reply To ..]
So they say it does not count, but it does...makes no sense to score this a major error in any situation.

If this type of error is being qualified at Major here, then I will have to search thoroughly though FIESA to make sure they are not scoring such an error the same on post delivery.

If it is important enough for them to point it out to me, then it should be important enough to score correctly.

If you saw earlier this week, I got a major error for not adding the pronoun SHE at the beginning of a sentence.

I agree no matter where it came from - itctfi

[ In Reply To ..]
It's just not an essential word that would compromise the care of the patient. I know I'm sure you would rather not have missed it but knowing you did probably isn't going to help you in the future either. It's a sort of nonproductive criticism.

They scored it as an omission instead of a typo - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you ever fight these? I haven't been following. Here's the thing, that's a typo and not even a typo because probably VR omitted it. However, it is a typo and should be minor.

What you have to do is either go all or nothing. Either you are vigilant, check FIESA every day and challenge every single error... Or ignore it and live your life. It's obviously upsetting you (and I have been there, believe me) to the point where it's affecting your day/life. When I worked there, I did QC for awhile, but at that time we were editing what was coming out of India and it was ridiculous. I can't even explain how awful it was. I was pretty much having to retype every report (and the QA in India didn't like that and came down on us even harder - yes, we were QA'd, too, and yes they gave preferential treatment to the Indian MTs because they didn't speak English, believe it or not, yes, it's true). Anyway, obviously I made no money doing that, so I went back to MT (partly because I couldn't stomach the things I'd seen and partly so I could try, try to make some money). When I went back to MT, I had a period where I fought every little error (and some that weren't) and got most of the them turned around or rescored. Then I realized that I was in it too deep and it was affecting my quality of life, so I quit looking at FIESA and ignored the E-mails, deleted them, etc. However, I never made any money, so I did eventually find a new job.

This place will gut you. You have to decide if it's worth it.

FIESA is not an option in my region - Pollyanna

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know how so many of you just ignore FIESA and get away with it. My region won't let us go more than 1 day without scrutinizing this mess. It makes no sense in the scheme of things when we can't listen to the dictation again! I consider it a big waste of time and very demeaning

If that's a "major error", what do they do for - REAL ones? Behead the MT?

[ In Reply To ..]
(*

Similar Messages:

Another Major Error
Jul 29, 2013

Thought I was going to make it through today with no Major error but no such luck.  I typed "There are" and they heard "The"  Trust me either way the sentence says the same thing and in no way changes the meaning of the sentence so I get dinged a major error for this.  I really hope these quality people get good bonuses for these type things.  Just another major error to add to my very long list.  More in the last 2 weeks then in my entire career of being a transcription ...

Got Another MAJOR Error....
Jun 11, 2014

.....for missing a pronoun at the begininng of a sentence... Symptoms started instead of His symptoms started....major error?  I think not.  Minus 1.0 whole point for me! There is no consistency in the grading of reports.  And again I say, this is a subjective error...someone heard it, I did not and it does not matter anyway.  Doctors do not dictate complete sentences all the time. Not to mention the fact that this NP dictator is ALL over the place...go back here, change ...

Major Error - R U Serious?
Jun 23, 2014

These FIESA fiends gave me a major error for leaving out the word "includes" after a header.  It's all I can do to do this job these days with my son seriously ill.  The last thing I need is this incessant nit-picking. ...

How Is This A Major Error?
Aug 04, 2014

radiology. Electrocardiogram shows a sinus mechanism, right bundle branch block. The rate is radiology. She had electrocardiogramshows a sinus mechanism, right bundle branch block. The rate is ?????? From the BS doctor (those are his initials) who is a horrible ESL dictator that I spend a lot of time straight typing--waste of my time.    ...

Major Error
Feb 24, 2015

Need advice, should I even bother?  VR transcribed patient is a 9-1/2-year old xxxx.  Got major error and corrected to 9-year and 7-month-old xxxx.   Is that truly a major error???  Of course it was on short report so completely screwed my percentage, so frustrating and irritating.  Let me know what you think guys?  ...

Major Error, Blank?
Aug 19, 2011

This just tops of my bad day.  I get on to check previous reports from yesterday and see 1 correction on 1 report out of all of them.  QA filled in my blank, and the error category is "major" with subcategory "not applicable."  Platform is Cornerstone.  Since when is it a major error to leave a blank for something we aren't sure about?  After listening, again, I still can't tell if it is the word QA put in or the word I thought it "might" be; hence, the blank.& ...

Major Error Suggestion. See What Happens
Jul 31, 2013

Keep track of every job you send to QA with blanks or other. Compare job numbers to those jobs that come back with major errors.  Want to bet that most of those jobs we have a hard time with are the very same jobs that we are getting marked down for?  Most likely the very blank or the very problem we had is what the major error is for. ...

Just Got My First FIESA Major Error
Aug 04, 2013

Just got my first FIESA (actually 2) major errors within minutes of each other. Now I feel like I'm part of the club. Anyone know how much bonus $$ they get for making stuff up? Needless to say, I did not commit the errors they "found" as I keep notes on dictations that I have questions about or problems with. How insulting this all is. ...

FIESA MAJOR ERROR
Nov 08, 2013

So I check FIESA this morning and they give me a MAJOR error for typing "and" instead of "on" on a very poor quality recording... As in..."we will need to see on whether we need to check" and I put ....." we will need to see and whether we need to check"   I told my acct manager - I said really that warrants a MAJOR error - she replies   Yes, really............  I have THE WORST account manager in the company - she NEVER EVER EVER sticks up for me.. maybe she hates me - f ...

What's The Definition Of A MAJOR Error?
Mar 18, 2014

I get notices of major errors and don't see anything about what constitutes a major error.  It sounds subjective to me! I'm more than fed up with this punitive grading system. ...

Major Error For Transcribing 83-yr-old Instead
Jan 21, 2015

This dictator was the WORST of the WORST too!  I bet if I were ABLE to go back and listen I'd still hear 83 or at least not be able to tell the difference.  AND ANYWAY....How in the h-e--- is getting the patient's age off by one lousy year (esp at that age--might be different if it were a child)..... So, but for that "major error" on the report I would have gotten 100%....no other errors.  Instead I failed (psfssst!) and get under 99%.  Really?   I r ...

Is Every Error A Major Error Now?
Jul 31, 2013

Is every error, both real or fabricated, a major error now? Are there no levels of error any longer?  Seems that EVERYTHING under the sun that can be made up is a major freakin' error.  I would swear that I did not even make any of these and that these are fabricated.  WTH?  ...

Since When Is Misspelling A Doc Name A Major Critical Error????
Feb 14, 2013

This is a new one to me and laughable honestly. I thought we were to spell phoenetically a doctor's name in the text if we cannot find it or verify it.  So this is what I did as usual and got a MAJOR CRITICAL ERROR for putting the wrong doc name??? WTH. Seems like they are grasping at straws now. What's the deal? We are to be mind readers now and get these names exact every time even when they don't spell, we can't find, etc. etc. Nuance just makes itself look ridiculous ...

How Does A 1.0 Major Error Result In 5 Percent Off?
Jan 22, 2015

I had a horrible dictation, could barely hear and therefore, according to the auditor, I missed where he said "white" female and left it out.  They marked it as 1.0 major error and gave me a percentage of 95 percent! Cannot wait to find another job more fun and certainly more rewarding!!! ...

Notified Of Meeting This Week To Go Over All Major Errors For Our Main Account
Aug 04, 2013

Got email stating conference call this week for all of our "errors" we are making - what fun!! ...

FIESA "MAJOR" Error
Nov 22, 2014

Patient's age was off by one year, not sure if that is what he dictated or I didn't catch his error or if what VR put and I didn't catch it.  In any event, the fact that the patient's age was incorrect by one year is a MAJOR error.  ...

SR Error, First Time Posting One...SM
Jul 26, 2013

For the last several weeks, my SR is starting to be awful.  Prior to this, it was pretty good.  ? what happened all of a sudden.  It's Escription. SR:  She has 2 daughters, Lobis and lingula. Dictated:  She has 2 daughters in New England. ...

FLASH TYPE - Run Time Error '383'
Feb 21, 2011

Last week, Thursday, i downloaded FlashType from here when my Window XP crashed and i needed to find something to work on WIndows 7.  I immediately fell in love because it worked on my platform and i no longer needed to cut and paste.  At the end of the day, something happened (not sure what happened), but now i am getting and error that reads: run time error '383':  'text' property is read only I entered well over 200 abbreviations that day.  I tried uninstalling ...

Weeks Or Week's Time
Jul 15, 2010

Hey, this is one I always get confused about...."Follow up in two weeks time or two week's or two weeks' time??"  Thanks! ...

Every Time I Get An Email About MT Week,
May 22, 2012

...I hear the greeting in Effie Trinket's voice.  "HAPPY HUNGER GAMES [I MEAN MT WEEK]!!1!" ...

MAJOR, MAJOR PROBLEMS This Morning With
Sep 11, 2010

Cannot get the voice to download all the way causing me to not finish report completely. ...

* Imedx And Major, Major Changes In 2 Weeks, Probably
Feb 14, 2015

Okay, let's sum it up: 1. Imedx hid information on losing more than one account for months, this is a fact. 2. Number one above is confirmed by Imedx having an acct going to EPIC, and a few days later 3 accounts that we "do not have access to anymore" as stated by manager. 3. Number two above did not say we lost, or Nuance took back, etc., just "no access." 4. In other words, work shifted to cheaper folks, we get that. 5. Lack of any emails in 2 weeks regarding what is going on is abso ...

Only 9 Hours This Week And Full-time With Benefits And
Dec 27, 2012

happen before and I have another part-time job so I can't keep checking back and forth all day everyday to make up time. Anyone else every been in this situation? Tomorrow is Friday and I am not even close to 20 hours let alone 39?? I have put in tickets in remedy, but just curious if anyone else has ever been in this situation and what was the outcome? ...

Anyone Else Notice A Dramatic Jump In Inactive Time This Week?
May 15, 2013

haven't had to google anything tonight and have 7 mins in 4 hours?!?!?!?!   ...

If You Drop To 35 Hours/week, Do You Still Get All The Full-time Benefits?
Dec 15, 2014

I'd like to drop 5 hours, but not if I have to pay more for health insurance, etc. ...

Anyone Know The Minimum Number Of Hours And Lines Per Week Required For Part-time
Aug 04, 2010

MT/ME positions at Medquist? ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...