A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Got another MAJOR error.... - ridiculous

Posted: Jun 11, 2014

.....for missing a pronoun at the begininng of a sentence...

Symptoms started instead of His symptoms started....major error?  I think not. 

Minus 1.0 whole point for me!

There is no consistency in the grading of reports.  And again I say, this is a subjective error...someone heard it, I did not and it does not matter anyway.  Doctors do not dictate complete sentences all the time.

Not to mention the fact that this NP dictator is ALL over the place...go back here, change this, no take that out, go back to this sentence and add blah, blah, blah...

That is just - ridiculous

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sorry, Nuance FIESA Nazis, but if you claim that that, first of all, is an error even, and secondly, anything but the most minor of errors (i.e. 0.25 at the most), there is no way FIESA is anything but a bonus-stealing machine, certainly in no way, shape or form is that anything like reputable QA practice anywhere in the world. I say it's disgusting.

FIESA is very, very bad, plus it is a crock. The end.

Contest all errors and scores - end Fiesa fiasco

[ In Reply To ..]
I am sick of this nitpicking Fiesa and the QA and auditors. I am contesting everything that comes my way as a protest. I can nitpick too. Make the TSMs, auditors and QA work harder so they think twice about nitpicking our reports.

I did that... - ridiculous

[ In Reply To ..]
Last time I "forgot" a pronoun...my manager told me it could not be reversed and that the QA was doing her job.

Has anyone ever gotten an error and remembered the sentence? This often happens to me...For example, I came across a term I was not positive about...googled it to make sure it was correct and then got an error back saying I missed the word after it....the second word was point, BUT I remember typing that word...there is no way for me to prove that I sent it with the word in the sentence and no way for me to listen to the dictation again....Is it possible someone removes words just to "find" errors?

I have noticed they are - not reversing much anymore

[ In Reply To ..]
Must have gotten the word from up above those executives needs their bonuses so let's take it off the poors, thank you very much.

I hope them taking words out is not possible, but I have read a lot of people who were sure they had it one way, yet the FIESA said different. I would not put anything past them. I personally have not had that situation - yet...

I do wish they would just kill the FIESA, but I guess it's too much of a money spinner for them.

I do not trust Nuance auditors, managers, QA - or the software

[ In Reply To ..]
This company is underhanded and dishonest either inadvertently or on purpose. There is no way to prove your report was correct and you need to accept their word for it.

A slimy bunch of creatures run this company from top down to the Fiesa staff.

I did that... - Millie

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes! Removing words to "find" error is typical of the QA people at Nuance. That is why I left the job. They would knock me down in my scores this way and they lost a topnotch MLS because of it!

1 pt error - been there

[ In Reply To ..]
Get with your TSM. If she doesn't know she can get with the TSM over the group of QCs that handle that particular account. That should be counted as an account spec error at the worst. The only way to help get the QCs consistent on grading is to point out the incorrect scoring. Good luck!

Help the QCs consistency - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I understand what you are saying, but it is not our job to help the QC do anything. Besides, my contempt for them is such that I could be arrested if....... well, you know.

They should KNOW better or be fired if THEY HAVE TOO MANY REVERSALS. But I know that will not happen.

So sick of FIASCO. Read the thread below about signing anything. I have ALWAYS refused to sign and will continue to do so.

Have you gotten any flack or explanation why - you should from TSM?

[ In Reply To ..]
I have to admit the threat of a phone call to "review" has got me onto there signing off my FIESA crimes, but just wondering if you do refuse what happens.

Do you make it plain you won't sign and say -- what? Or do you just ignore it and hope it will go away? And does it?

I would like to refuse to sign off the FIESA but don't really want to cause problems for my TSM or subject myself to phone calls or anything, so if you could spill your experiences or lack thereof, much appreciated.
Not signing - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I just send her an email saying I didn't do it and am not signing it. Now they will know who I am, but at this point I don't really care.

I don't want to cause trouble for my TSM either, because she is really nice. But I put my foot down on some things. I simply will not sign.
Unless I can HEAR the mistake that QA finds - I will not sign.
[ In Reply To ..]
QA hides behind the fact that we MTs cannot hear the dictation and cannot see our original report. Sleazy snakes.
Hearing mistakes - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Even if I can hear it, I don't sign it. I am not signing an agreement for ANYONE to take money out of my pocket, and basically that's what FIESA is. I do try to learn if the mistake is really mine, but most of my errorrs are subjective errors, not CRITICAL to patient care.
So do you have the capability to listen to voice files? - I was told no by TSM
[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance is the first place I have worked where you cannot review the voice report to be sure you and not QA are wrong.
I can listen to voice files on my platform - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
yes, I can go back and listen. Everyone makes mistakes and this is the only job where you get money taken away if you make one. So they need to scrap FIESA/FIASCO and find something that actually works to HELP instead of hurt.

Gee Nuance, did you know if your little worker bees are happy, things will go smoother for all involved? Oh wait, all they care about is that green in their pockets. Forgive me for being silly.
I think it depends on the - platform
[ In Reply To ..]
The one I am on you can. It is kind of a pain to find and listen to it (it's not like they would make it easy, are you crazy? For them, yes, for you, no), but it is possible. I usually find they are right, I have made a mistake, so unless it is way offbase I don't bother anymore.

The purported justification given (to me anyway) in the endless emails with the FIESA stats and notifications to sign off on your errors is that you need to:

acknowledge your review of the errors...to avoid repeated errors and to produce high quality reports which decreases your error rate.

(NOT a direct quote but the gist of it)

This is patently untrue. FIESA does NOT decrease my error rate at all. Because I do NOT make repeated errors, certainly not with regards to specs or other truly important criteria. I tend to miss out a word here and there or mis-hear a phrase which they make you feel like a criminal for, many times I go back to listen and still hear it the wrong way, so when I was typing it I honestly thought it was correct and had no inkling I was off, and the context is often ambiguous.

Grrrr.

I did that.... - ridiculous

[ In Reply To ..]
My TSM told me that she listened to the dictation and the pronoun was dictated so the error was correct and I could not have it reversed.

On a different note, how is it okay for the doctors to not pronounce drug names correctly so that I have to spend time trying to figure it out of leave a blank which has to go to review and then counts against me for sending a report to review....risperidine? ris-per-i-dine....That is what he said...Clear as a sunny day...? he meant risperidone..I don't know and I will not guess so it is counted against me for sending to review....sick of it.

I am QC and that should not have been scored - major error.

[ In Reply To ..]
Send it to your TSM for reversal.

And herein lies the - inherent fault of the FIESA

[ In Reply To ..]
It is not objective, if it were it could probably be done by software, as supposedly (laughably) the ISR is.

It is subjective, with not only the QA/QC person involved, but their supervisor, the TSM and possibly the COM, who may all have reasons for wanting both/either the MLS AND the QA/QC to "win" - there are too many people involved in the final product.

So why is the lowly MLS always guilty until proven innocent, having to spend much unpaid time trying to defend this kind of thing, often to no avail?

No wonder most of us have given up on that particular process and on FIESA as a whole. It is suspect, serves to only put us down, and as far as quality is concerned is pretty much a joke.

Exactly. Time is money for production MT - I have never contested Fiesa

[ In Reply To ..]
It is too much time out of my day to maybe even lose the battle. And who decides who is right? QA?

QC has the same issues. We are audited just - like the MLS and often times

[ In Reply To ..]
the errors marked off are incorrect. This is not an issue solely related to the MLS. Just remember, anything on your predelivery FIESA (done by QC) does not count against you for bonus or any financial loss. It is the post audit delivery that affects those things and as QC, we have to deal with that also (incorrect errors charged for). To take it a step further, we are charged for the original MLS errors that are caught on post delivery if we did not catch and correct on our review. I guess what I'm trying to say, we suffer right along with you and have the same feelings about FIESA. Contrary to what some think, we do not get bonuses for seeking out errors. If we don't catch errors, they then belong to us on post audit.
I thought post delivery audits - were random
[ In Reply To ..]
How could QC be blamed for errors if they had not set eyes on it?

Or are you referring to reports that have been audited by QC and sent on to the facility, THEN you can get blamed for incorrect errors charged OR errors not corrected?

Oh my gosh, how many layers of ridiculousness is this.
Yes, any report a QC touches belongs to - that QC for post audit. If
[ In Reply To ..]
there are errors by the original MLS that the QC did not pick up and correct, they then are charged to the QC, not the original MLS on that particular post audit report.
I have never had a report that was - double FIESAed as such
[ In Reply To ..]
At least that I knew of.

When this thing happens, i.e., one that has been QCed and THEN post audited, is it seen only by QC?

Is this done randomly, or is this how they "audit" you guys?

Seems just plain stupid and counterintuitive. Sometimes I think they should just QA 100% everything rather than this inefficient scrutiny/penalty system. That way it would be much fairer because if you happen to be caught in an error you have all the rest of your work to counteract the bad score.

I did that... - ridiculous

[ In Reply To ..]
The last time I "forgot" a pronoun, my TSM told me she listened to the dictation and it was dictated, so the error was correctly deducted for.

How is this even an error to begin with? Doctors leave out pronouns all the time! I don't even know if he said it or not because I cannot listen to it...It stresses me to no end to have to worry about every little if, and or but!

This does not teach my anything...it makes me resentful and angry.

I can't even just forget it because with a short report, an error of even 0.25 point can put a report below 99%...like when I missed a period at the end of a dictation once...the report was short and scored 98.5%...and I have to sign off on this report so I learned the errors of my ways....ridiculous.

I don't understand how this works and it is nothing more than frustrating, it is demeaning....

I doubt very much if doctors care - about pronouns, only Nuance cares

[ In Reply To ..]
The only reason Nuance cares is to show MTs how lowly and stupid they are. The only errors that should count are those that could affect the patient's care. But that would defeat Nuance purpose of making MTs look ignorant. I do not sign off on any mistake I cannot hear. How is it that the TSM and QA can hear the report but the MT cannot?

My error was transcribing "BNP was 330" when BMP was very clearly dictated - Toxic to intelligence

[ In Reply To ..]
I think they want me to help teach their speech wreck to be stupid and incompetent.

well they may have been right - about that one

[ In Reply To ..]
you know. Because the BMP is a panel and the BNP is one lab test.

OH no my bad! - I see now

[ In Reply To ..]
they were telling YOU it was SUPPOSED TO BE BMP?? Oh boy.

BNP - dazed and confused

[ In Reply To ..]
We all know that you were right. BNP is a test, BMP is a group of tests that would not have its own value.

Wow, just amazing that they'd goof that up...sm - ks

[ In Reply To ..]
but I'm not surprised, since when I worked there as a QA, I knew that a lot of the QA was done by Indians overseas. :(

BMP is basic metabolic panel and includes several tests; BNP is beta (or brain) natriuretic peptide and is a value on its own.

thank god I don't work for Nuance - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Another Major Error
Jul 29, 2013

Thought I was going to make it through today with no Major error but no such luck.  I typed "There are" and they heard "The"  Trust me either way the sentence says the same thing and in no way changes the meaning of the sentence so I get dinged a major error for this.  I really hope these quality people get good bonuses for these type things.  Just another major error to add to my very long list.  More in the last 2 weeks then in my entire career of being a transcription ...

Major Error - R U Serious?
Jun 23, 2014

These FIESA fiends gave me a major error for leaving out the word "includes" after a header.  It's all I can do to do this job these days with my son seriously ill.  The last thing I need is this incessant nit-picking. ...

How Is This A Major Error?
Aug 04, 2014

radiology. Electrocardiogram shows a sinus mechanism, right bundle branch block. The rate is radiology. She had electrocardiogramshows a sinus mechanism, right bundle branch block. The rate is ?????? From the BS doctor (those are his initials) who is a horrible ESL dictator that I spend a lot of time straight typing--waste of my time.    ...

Major Error
Feb 24, 2015

Need advice, should I even bother?  VR transcribed patient is a 9-1/2-year old xxxx.  Got major error and corrected to 9-year and 7-month-old xxxx.   Is that truly a major error???  Of course it was on short report so completely screwed my percentage, so frustrating and irritating.  Let me know what you think guys?  ...

Major Error, Blank?
Aug 19, 2011

This just tops of my bad day.  I get on to check previous reports from yesterday and see 1 correction on 1 report out of all of them.  QA filled in my blank, and the error category is "major" with subcategory "not applicable."  Platform is Cornerstone.  Since when is it a major error to leave a blank for something we aren't sure about?  After listening, again, I still can't tell if it is the word QA put in or the word I thought it "might" be; hence, the blank.& ...

Major Error Suggestion. See What Happens
Jul 31, 2013

Keep track of every job you send to QA with blanks or other. Compare job numbers to those jobs that come back with major errors.  Want to bet that most of those jobs we have a hard time with are the very same jobs that we are getting marked down for?  Most likely the very blank or the very problem we had is what the major error is for. ...

Just Got My First FIESA Major Error
Aug 04, 2013

Just got my first FIESA (actually 2) major errors within minutes of each other. Now I feel like I'm part of the club. Anyone know how much bonus $$ they get for making stuff up? Needless to say, I did not commit the errors they "found" as I keep notes on dictations that I have questions about or problems with. How insulting this all is. ...

FIESA MAJOR ERROR
Nov 08, 2013

So I check FIESA this morning and they give me a MAJOR error for typing "and" instead of "on" on a very poor quality recording... As in..."we will need to see on whether we need to check" and I put ....." we will need to see and whether we need to check"   I told my acct manager - I said really that warrants a MAJOR error - she replies   Yes, really............  I have THE WORST account manager in the company - she NEVER EVER EVER sticks up for me.. maybe she hates me - f ...

What's The Definition Of A MAJOR Error?
Mar 18, 2014

I get notices of major errors and don't see anything about what constitutes a major error.  It sounds subjective to me! I'm more than fed up with this punitive grading system. ...

Major Error For Transcribing 83-yr-old Instead
Jan 21, 2015

This dictator was the WORST of the WORST too!  I bet if I were ABLE to go back and listen I'd still hear 83 or at least not be able to tell the difference.  AND ANYWAY....How in the h-e--- is getting the patient's age off by one lousy year (esp at that age--might be different if it were a child)..... So, but for that "major error" on the report I would have gotten 100%....no other errors.  Instead I failed (psfssst!) and get under 99%.  Really?   I r ...

Is Every Error A Major Error Now?
Jul 31, 2013

Is every error, both real or fabricated, a major error now? Are there no levels of error any longer?  Seems that EVERYTHING under the sun that can be made up is a major freakin' error.  I would swear that I did not even make any of these and that these are fabricated.  WTH?  ...

Since When Is Misspelling A Doc Name A Major Critical Error????
Feb 14, 2013

This is a new one to me and laughable honestly. I thought we were to spell phoenetically a doctor's name in the text if we cannot find it or verify it.  So this is what I did as usual and got a MAJOR CRITICAL ERROR for putting the wrong doc name??? WTH. Seems like they are grasping at straws now. What's the deal? We are to be mind readers now and get these names exact every time even when they don't spell, we can't find, etc. etc. Nuance just makes itself look ridiculous ...

Second Time This Week--major Error
Jun 13, 2014

I put, ".....half normal saline to given in..." Should be, "....half normal saline to be given in...." Got a MAJOR error....1.0 point.  I cannot be the only one this happens to!  ...

How Does A 1.0 Major Error Result In 5 Percent Off?
Jan 22, 2015

I had a horrible dictation, could barely hear and therefore, according to the auditor, I missed where he said "white" female and left it out.  They marked it as 1.0 major error and gave me a percentage of 95 percent! Cannot wait to find another job more fun and certainly more rewarding!!! ...

FIESA "MAJOR" Error
Nov 22, 2014

Patient's age was off by one year, not sure if that is what he dictated or I didn't catch his error or if what VR put and I didn't catch it.  In any event, the fact that the patient's age was incorrect by one year is a MAJOR error.  ...

MAJOR, MAJOR PROBLEMS This Morning With
Sep 11, 2010

Cannot get the voice to download all the way causing me to not finish report completely. ...

* Imedx And Major, Major Changes In 2 Weeks, Probably
Feb 14, 2015

Okay, let's sum it up: 1. Imedx hid information on losing more than one account for months, this is a fact. 2. Number one above is confirmed by Imedx having an acct going to EPIC, and a few days later 3 accounts that we "do not have access to anymore" as stated by manager. 3. Number two above did not say we lost, or Nuance took back, etc., just "no access." 4. In other words, work shifted to cheaper folks, we get that. 5. Lack of any emails in 2 weeks regarding what is going on is abso ...

Major Help Please!
Jul 20, 2010

The word is "hyerekplexia" or is it "hyperkeplexia" ???????  My Stedman's keeps sayingit is hyperekplexia and the doctor keeps correcting me with hyperkeplexia. And on the off chance that I am correct, do I just change it to what he wants and let it go?    ...

Major Changes - What Next
Dec 09, 2013

Hi All. Hope you are healthy and doing well in general. I'm new to posting on this site, though have been following it for years, receiving some invaluable information and tips. Thank you for that. Recently, however, I've been faced with upcoming termination in a few months due to my current employer's decision to outsource to Amphion. I know very little about this company, though from what I am learning it sounds like MTs are earning anywhere from 8-14 dollars per hour. Can anyon ...

OK I Have A Major Issue At TTS - Anyone Else?
May 07, 2010

I work for a company whose initials are TTS.  I was told that QA works on editing and transcribing too and QA has the ability to assign work to themselves.  In other words not only do they take work away from the MT but they can choose which work/dictators they want to do.  Isn't this a conflict of interest?   I know other companies do not allow double dipping but it was confirmed to me TTS does this and that the QA people have the ability to pick and cho ...

Wmx/Nuance -- Any Major Changes?
Aug 22, 2011

Have there been any major changes in benefits/wages, etc. since the buyout?  ...

Major Brain Fog
Jul 03, 2012

Okay ladies, do you ever have a case of brain fog?  I've had it for the last 2 days. I have it at this very moment! For some reason, doctors I usually have no trouble with sound like the teacher from Charlie Brown, and things I *know* are simple are escaping my comprehension. Do I need more vitamins? Clean my ears? Am I just sick of this s***?  ...

Major Errors?
May 28, 2013

Does anyone else run into this? I get all these major error reports from Fiesa, all of a sudden, one after another, with errors that I know, after 15 years of doing this job, I would not have made. I know with certainty that these errors would not escape me.  Anyone else get this kind of BS? ...

Am I The Only One Getting Major Alerts Almost Every Day???
Aug 25, 2013

It seems like every morning when I check my email there is at least one major alert in my box - no critical - but always something that they are complaining about.  The one today was completely ridiculous, I don't want to be too specific just in case they read this board but I did what they said I didn't do.  Going to contest but so maddening!!!  It seems the harder I try the more they just pick me apart about stuff. ...

Anybody Else Getting A Lot Of Major Errors QC1 Lately?
Oct 06, 2013

I know these don't count towards bonuses etc but it still unnerves me to open my email nearly every day and seeing these stupid alerts with my percentage in the tank.  Some of them I take full credit for others I dispute but it still shakes me up so therefore some of the mistakes I make is just because I am nervous about literally everything I type.  ...

Stuck In A Major Rut!!!!
Mar 05, 2015

I am making less and less at my at-home transcription job.  I have not been motivated at all lately, and I also never have enough work when I am motivated. I feel completely depressed.  I have rare occasions where I am excited about job searching and entering a new career and/or going to school, but then I seem to lose all hope and motivation.  My paychecks are no longer enough to support me.  I guess I'm just looking to rant to relieve some of my stress and hopefully so ...

For Those Of You Going Back To School, What's Your Major?
Sep 29, 2010

I'm majoring in Information technology and specializing in health informatics but I'm curious to know what other areas people are going into at school after job loss. What are you going to school for? ...

My W2 Form Just Sent Me Into A Major Funk!
Jan 26, 2011

Now, I already knew I didn't do well financially this year.  It was evident every time I had to "borrow" money from my retirement account to pay the bills each month.  But, I just received my W2 form, and discovered I did even worse than I thought I did!  Working an average of 6 full days a week, 10-12 hours a day, with only 3 days of time off all year, and no sick days, I made just over $20,000.  This with over 30 years of extremely well-rounded medic ...

Anyone Else Having Major Issues With DQS7?
Jul 31, 2012

will not let me edit a job.  its terrifying.  ughhhh. I want dqs 6.1 back. ...

4 Major Errors In One Report!!!!
Jul 19, 2013

Never in the last year have I ever ever gotten 4 major errors in one report, I don't think I have ever gotten 4 in 3 or 4 months.  They will never be able to convince me that something hasn't changed.  I am being marked off for things that are completely ridiculous and some I don't think I even did.  Wow - what a way to start my day - makes me really want to work hard for them.  ...