A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is every error a major error now? - sickof it

Posted: Jul 31, 2013

Is every error, both real or fabricated, a major error now? Are there no levels of error any longer?  Seems that EVERYTHING under the sun that can be made up is a major freakin' error.  I would swear that I did not even make any of these and that these are fabricated.  WTH? 

It must be.... - metoo

[ In Reply To ..]
that they are bored and looking for reasons to clog up e-mails with bull crap stuff. For example most companies would say that if you said wbc 8.7 and it was 8.6 would be a typo but Nuance acts like it's going to kill the patient to have it 1 digit off so they declare it a major error. I had a major alert error yesterday for a patient who had lung cancer and I put a blank for QA for the consulting doc's name and had it on the lines of Dr. _____ pulmonology and they said it was supposed to be oncology - all for a mushmouth ESL that even they couldn't get the name of the doc for. I just now laugh at those stupid alerts and ask myself what crap they are going to complain about now to explain their existence. I've never had a client complaint on my work in 7 years on the account and this client is VERY picky - they've been known to have many MTs removed for quality as the manager would tell everyone each time this happened. I don't mind getting dinged but quit acting like everything is going to get everyone sued.

I think this whole company is a "major error". - It needs to be erased. NM

[ In Reply To ..]

Love it! - Nan

[ In Reply To ..]
I'd have to agree. LOL

Just erase it all and let's start over. It surely could not be any worse.

Similar Messages:

Another Major Error
Jul 29, 2013

Thought I was going to make it through today with no Major error but no such luck.  I typed "There are" and they heard "The"  Trust me either way the sentence says the same thing and in no way changes the meaning of the sentence so I get dinged a major error for this.  I really hope these quality people get good bonuses for these type things.  Just another major error to add to my very long list.  More in the last 2 weeks then in my entire career of being a transcription ...

Got Another MAJOR Error....
Jun 11, 2014

.....for missing a pronoun at the begininng of a sentence... Symptoms started instead of His symptoms started....major error?  I think not.  Minus 1.0 whole point for me! There is no consistency in the grading of reports.  And again I say, this is a subjective error...someone heard it, I did not and it does not matter anyway.  Doctors do not dictate complete sentences all the time. Not to mention the fact that this NP dictator is ALL over the place...go back here, change ...

Major Error - R U Serious?
Jun 23, 2014

These FIESA fiends gave me a major error for leaving out the word "includes" after a header.  It's all I can do to do this job these days with my son seriously ill.  The last thing I need is this incessant nit-picking. ...

How Is This A Major Error?
Aug 04, 2014

radiology. Electrocardiogram shows a sinus mechanism, right bundle branch block. The rate is radiology. She had electrocardiogramshows a sinus mechanism, right bundle branch block. The rate is ?????? From the BS doctor (those are his initials) who is a horrible ESL dictator that I spend a lot of time straight typing--waste of my time.    ...

Major Error
Feb 24, 2015

Need advice, should I even bother?  VR transcribed patient is a 9-1/2-year old xxxx.  Got major error and corrected to 9-year and 7-month-old xxxx.   Is that truly a major error???  Of course it was on short report so completely screwed my percentage, so frustrating and irritating.  Let me know what you think guys?  ...

Major Error, Blank?
Aug 19, 2011

This just tops of my bad day.  I get on to check previous reports from yesterday and see 1 correction on 1 report out of all of them.  QA filled in my blank, and the error category is "major" with subcategory "not applicable."  Platform is Cornerstone.  Since when is it a major error to leave a blank for something we aren't sure about?  After listening, again, I still can't tell if it is the word QA put in or the word I thought it "might" be; hence, the blank.& ...

Major Error Suggestion. See What Happens
Jul 31, 2013

Keep track of every job you send to QA with blanks or other. Compare job numbers to those jobs that come back with major errors.  Want to bet that most of those jobs we have a hard time with are the very same jobs that we are getting marked down for?  Most likely the very blank or the very problem we had is what the major error is for. ...

Just Got My First FIESA Major Error
Aug 04, 2013

Just got my first FIESA (actually 2) major errors within minutes of each other. Now I feel like I'm part of the club. Anyone know how much bonus $$ they get for making stuff up? Needless to say, I did not commit the errors they "found" as I keep notes on dictations that I have questions about or problems with. How insulting this all is. ...

FIESA MAJOR ERROR
Nov 08, 2013

So I check FIESA this morning and they give me a MAJOR error for typing "and" instead of "on" on a very poor quality recording... As in..."we will need to see on whether we need to check" and I put ....." we will need to see and whether we need to check"   I told my acct manager - I said really that warrants a MAJOR error - she replies   Yes, really............  I have THE WORST account manager in the company - she NEVER EVER EVER sticks up for me.. maybe she hates me - f ...

What's The Definition Of A MAJOR Error?
Mar 18, 2014

I get notices of major errors and don't see anything about what constitutes a major error.  It sounds subjective to me! I'm more than fed up with this punitive grading system. ...

Major Error For Transcribing 83-yr-old Instead
Jan 21, 2015

This dictator was the WORST of the WORST too!  I bet if I were ABLE to go back and listen I'd still hear 83 or at least not be able to tell the difference.  AND ANYWAY....How in the h-e--- is getting the patient's age off by one lousy year (esp at that age--might be different if it were a child)..... So, but for that "major error" on the report I would have gotten 100%....no other errors.  Instead I failed (psfssst!) and get under 99%.  Really?   I r ...

Since When Is Misspelling A Doc Name A Major Critical Error????
Feb 14, 2013

This is a new one to me and laughable honestly. I thought we were to spell phoenetically a doctor's name in the text if we cannot find it or verify it.  So this is what I did as usual and got a MAJOR CRITICAL ERROR for putting the wrong doc name??? WTH. Seems like they are grasping at straws now. What's the deal? We are to be mind readers now and get these names exact every time even when they don't spell, we can't find, etc. etc. Nuance just makes itself look ridiculous ...

Second Time This Week--major Error
Jun 13, 2014

I put, ".....half normal saline to given in..." Should be, "....half normal saline to be given in...." Got a MAJOR error....1.0 point.  I cannot be the only one this happens to!  ...

How Does A 1.0 Major Error Result In 5 Percent Off?
Jan 22, 2015

I had a horrible dictation, could barely hear and therefore, according to the auditor, I missed where he said "white" female and left it out.  They marked it as 1.0 major error and gave me a percentage of 95 percent! Cannot wait to find another job more fun and certainly more rewarding!!! ...

FIESA "MAJOR" Error
Nov 22, 2014

Patient's age was off by one year, not sure if that is what he dictated or I didn't catch his error or if what VR put and I didn't catch it.  In any event, the fact that the patient's age was incorrect by one year is a MAJOR error.  ...

Error 372
Apr 01, 2010

Has anyone ever had this error?  The company I hired on with installed ES v 9 on my computer.  For some reason error 372 popped up when he went to open ES.  He tried a few things, but nothing worked.  He is supposed to get back to me when he finds a solution.  Has anyone else encountered this before?  If so, what did you do to fix it? ...

Re: Error 372
Apr 07, 2010

I am so frustrated!!!  I have a new job, and it looks like I am going to have to look for another one that does not use Editscript V9  because no matter what tech support does they cannot fix it.  They have even spoken to Escription.  I have 2 computers and neither one will work with ES 9.  Unbelievable.  One is less than a year old, and the other one is a few years old.  I have googled this error and tried all the things suggested and nothing works.  I ...

SR Error
Jun 03, 2012

I read all the time the postings from MTs on SR errors.  Had to share this one today!!! epinephrine - SR put "peanut friend"   Really????   ...

1-second Job Error
Jun 19, 2012

Every once in awhile, I get a job that is 1 second long with the error stating that the audio has failed to load.  I click okay and it's booted back in the pool only for it to be placed second in my queue.  This can go on all day.  Anybody else have this happen?  ...

Example Of Error From ILP
Oct 05, 2013

Dictated:  Hysteroscopy with D&C. Transcribed by ILP:  Hysteroscopy with drainage and clapping.   ...

ILP Error
Nov 15, 2013

Just corrected on a report on 100% review that already went through 2 layers of ILP QA:  "The patient was seen by the M as in Monkey service." I can't wait until they only have ILP QA checking the work.  You get what you pay for. ...

No Pay For Job With An Error
Dec 03, 2013

I work for a company whose policy is that if you make a mistake typing in the job number or date of service or ANY demographic information, then no matter how long the report is and how long it took you to type it and how much you struggled to undertsand the ESL dictator, they pay you absolutely ZERO, ZILCH, NADA for it.  Is that even LEGAL?  ...

An Error I See A Lot
Jan 18, 2014

An error I see very often while doing QA, even though it has no impact on patient care, is a missing comma after the year on a full date, or missing comma after city and state.  I'm not trying to nag, just trying to help because, when audited, the powers that be will ding you for this and laugh maniacally.  Here are the rules in the style guide and BOS for any who want to argue. "Use a comma after the year when the sentence continues after a date: I saw the patient on May 17, 201 ...

Comprehension Error?
Jul 03, 2010

I received a comprehension error due to leaving a blank that I could not understand. So, I guess that they would rather have us guess. No wonder I am starting to hate this job more and more each day. ...

UPDATE On Error 372
Apr 04, 2010

Well, the head tech guy called today and remotely went on my computer, and he could not find a solution to this error coming up when opening Editscript v 9.  It will not work, so I cannot work.  I have a new job, but I can't work because I can't get ES 9 to work.  Funny thing is, it does this on both my computers, and one is an XP and one is Vista.  What are the odds both computers would give this same error?  The tech guy said they have never seen this error b ...

How I Fixed Error 372
Apr 12, 2010

As posted before, I had error 372 on opening Editscript version 9.  Well, tech support couldn't fix it, escription couldn't fix it, so I fixed it.  I did a system recovery where I basically just wiped everything off my computer and started all over.  Vista was basically reinstalled and it was like it was when it was new.  I reinstalled my antivirus and word.  Then when tech support installed ES 9, it worked.    ...

I Just Got Booted Out Of DQS And Keep Getting Error
Nov 06, 2010

Keep getting "user profile failed to load."  On the status page the light is green.  Anyone else having any problems? ...

Error Charges?
May 16, 2011

I am in the process of reviewing an IC contract that states, "Contractor will be charged and deducted for errors found by Company at a rate of $0.25 per error." Are "error charges" a standard in the industry for independent contractors. I am brand new to MT, but this is something that I have not heard anything about, at all. ...

Can Someone Explain To Me Why A DOS Error
Oct 27, 2011

Our QC sent out a memo that date of service errors were ALWAYS critical errors.  I can understand Major, but I thought critical was if it impacted the patient's life. I did ask her and she more or less just said, that's the way it is. ...

Msword Error
Jul 16, 2012

I work for a help desk, and my users are getting msword error when they go to view/sign documents for patients.  The error is not specific, just that msword crashed.  After closing word I get the following error on probity: A non-DocObject is open or loaded. Use File/Close to destroy it. Can someone help me out with a solution so my user can view and sign documents again? Thanks! ...