A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

My definition of FIESA - Ha Ha It is to laugh

Posted: Apr 04, 2014

Frankly Idiotic and Extremely Stupid A****

FIESA - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I just recently got hired by Nuance and after reading some comments, I am not sure I want to continue with employment with them. Any reason I should? There has to be something that makes MTs stay with them???

Nuance - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are happy with your base pay and do not expect bonuses or pay increases you may be happy with them. Do NOT count on incentive pay or bonuses EVER.

If you like your platform and your TSM and the money works for you those would be reasons to stay.

FIESA is annoying and is used to prevent incentive and bonus pay. VERY angry MTs on this board who have every right to be.

Feels good to vent - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
It is great to have a place to vent frustrations because no one in my "real" world gets it. They tend to think I sit in front of the TV all day with my computer and wonder how hard can it be...

Getting dinged for sending jobs to QC really irks me...I had an entire day of ELS physicians and probably sent almost 100% to review and when I went into Fiesa the blanks were counted as legit and then the weekly score card comes out and yes, my score is highlighted for sending too many jobs to review. I am supposed to send back an explanation....hmmm....trying to think of a nice way to put it.

I used to make so much more money doing transcription, but having a pay cut twice in the last 3 years, I hardly make enough to buy groceries anymore. I used to make weekly bonuses, and then the expected sores were increased...

I honestly don't know why I do this anymore.
Why we stay... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Many of the old-timers at Nuance were bought out when their companies were sold and they stayed to give Nuance a try.

I have never seen any acquisition improve any MT's financial situation and the work environment goes from being a pleasant one to one where you dread going to work. I was actually okay with Nuance for a few years, but this past week has been so awful. My pay has been cut every January so that has been a big problem financially.

It is a huge pain in the behind to change jobs, learn a new platform and it is also very stressful.

Most of us here have been through a number of these buyouts and it gets old and tiresome and discouraging. Nuance keeps buying out all these transcription companies, but the management is very erratic and it makes you feel like you are dealing with a large group of acutely manic people. One minute things are great and you are a wonderful MT and then all of a sudden you are not.

Many of us were keep in FIESA at scores of 99.9+ for months and then all of a sudden at the same time everyone got knocked to the ground and kicked in the face. It happened to so many people and that is why everyone is so angry this week and so many are quitting.

I think they want to get rid of the MTs who have been around for years and replace them with new MTs at very low pay. They are advertising for newbies right out of school. Not a good sign of a decent line rate.

Still makes me wonder if they are not trying to get rid of us and ship everything to India, because if you wanted to get rid of employees you could not have found a better way. Just my opinion and most don't agree with me, but I have seen it happen before.

If you are a newbie, use this job to gain experience and research other companies so when you are able you can move on which is what the rest of us do and have done many times.

To all my fellow MTs, you ARE the best and don't let anyone tell you different!
Everything you said is - sufferinginsilence
[ In Reply To ..]
spot on. My pay too has been cut to the tune of $600 month since Nuance bought out Webmedx. I too dread turning on my computer every day and can hardly wait for the day/week to end. I don't care anymore and just do the bare minimum which I have never done on any of my jobs in my working life, which means I do no OT.
I do not trust anything Nuance says and their fairness/treatment of their employees is downright atrocious! I understand business, but if you are taking over a company, the "right" thing to do by their employees (which Nuance does not seem to understand) is NOT to cut employees pay of the company you take over. If you want to reduce pay set a pay scale for new hires who have no experience. Cutting the pay for experienced MLS, is demeaning and a slap in the face! Basically you have told us that experience means nothing and you are no better than a newbie. Now, you are wondering why so many people have jumped ship and the ones that are left have no interest in going the extra mile for you? Seriously?
suffering - molleycat
[ In Reply To ..]
mmoral is starting to do the same thing. As of April 1st, our percentage in accuracy went up to 97% and there is talk of it going higher. I sometimes wonder if the 2 are one in the same company because they mimic each other in the way they treat their employees. I have a good supervisor and we get along and she has bent over backwards many times but I have also heard that other sups are really bad. It looks like from what I've been reading is that a whole lot of people are leaving and they still don't get it! They have promised unrealistic things to hospitals and beat us to death trying to live up to it. I'm like you. I do the bare minimum and not much more. I don't like the way I feel because it's not me but I am tired of being tired all the time, discouraged, depressed and in despair because of my job.
Why we stay - Ha ha it is to laugh
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not staying. I'm in the process of getting everything in order for an early retirement, hopefully within the next couple of months. Until then, I plod along and do nothing extra unless I feel like it.

Similar Messages:

Definition For Epi's
Nov 11, 2009

Does epi's stand for epithelial cells? I can't seem to find it, and I can't remember for sure if this is correct. Thanks in advance ...

Definition
Jan 16, 2013

I'm looking for a definition of Southern or Gibson-type approach?  Help and thank you! JT ...

Looking For IMSP Definition
Feb 04, 2010

Does anybody know what IMSP stands for (IMSP augmentation mammoplasty)? I cannot find this anywhere. Account wants abbreviations expanded. Thanx ...

Phrase Definition
Jul 30, 2012

Has anyone heard the phrase "office artifact"? It sounds like he's saying that or "off its artifact" and is referencing a tremor.  Any help is appreciated. ...

Go Live Definition
Oct 30, 2012

I'm new to this - what does "go live" actually mean?  Is it when it goes from strictly straight typing to VR?  Or is it when an MTSO gets a brand new acct?  Thanks! ...

IC Status Legal Definition
May 25, 2010

Can someone provide me with a link to a legal definition of an independent contractor?  I had taken a temporary job with a woman who had a small MTSO and was without a contract.  She effectively bamboozled me but I did file a W9 with her.  Any help will be appreciated.  Feel free to email me with sensitive information if necessary.  Thanks. ...

40-hour Week Definition
Nov 09, 2010

I work in the medical transcription industry. My employer is in TN.  We are required to work 40 hours per week, and we are paid on the basis of lines of dictation we transcribe per day.  Many days there is not enough work during a shift (a shift given us by our employer) to complete our 8 hours of work.  This means that in order to comply with company request, we have to work 2 to 3 hours at night to complete our 40 hours, even though we have sat at our desks and continually check ...

Definition Of Work Week For KS. . . . .
Mar 21, 2011

would anyone out there happen to know how Keystrokes defines a work week?  Does it start on Sun and go thru Sat or start on Mon and end Sun.  (I have been offered a position and would be curious as to the above).  Thanks!!!   ...

Independent Contractor Definition
Oct 11, 2011

I am looking for some clarification on the definition, as per the IRS website, of an "independent contractor."  With the majority of companies now hiring MTs as IC's, does this definition apply ? "You are not an independent contractor if you perform services that can be controlled by an employer (what will be done and how it will be done). This applies even if you are given freedom of action. What matters is that the employer has the legal right to control the details of how the servi ...

Straight Transcription Definition
Aug 01, 2012

Can someone define for me exactly what "straight transcription" is when a company advertises for it.... I am an IC looking for the best possible line rate. Thanks! ...

What's The Definition Of A MAJOR Error?
Mar 18, 2014

I get notices of major errors and don't see anything about what constitutes a major error.  It sounds subjective to me! I'm more than fed up with this punitive grading system. ...

E-nun-ciate.. Learn The Definition Doc
May 04, 2014

and she's is dictating all old reports one after another after another..God I need a new job. I HATE this... ...

Independent Contractor - IRS Definition Of An IC, The IC Cannot Be Tested
Mar 13, 2010

As I understand it, according to IRS definition of an IC, the IC cannot be tested. If this is so, how do the transcription companies get away with testing for IC positions as mentioned in their ads. Is this legal? ...

Enhanced Compensation Package Definition
May 09, 2012

To attract and retain good employees.  They have to do something because they can't afford to lose more people. ...

IRS DEFINITION-IC STATUS BLACK & WHITE
Jul 10, 2012

Independent Contractor Defined   People such as doctors, dentists, veterinarians, lawyers, accountants, contractors, subcontractors, public stenographers, or auctioneers who are in an independent trade, business, or profession in which they offer their services to the general public are generally independent contractors. However, whether these people are independent contractors or employees depends on the facts in each case. The general rule is that an individu ...

If You Highlight A Word And Hit Ctl W It Give A Definition
Aug 27, 2012

x ...

FIESA???
Apr 20, 2012

Can you tell me what this stands for? ...

Fiesa BS
Jul 26, 2012

How frigging nitpicky can they be???? Whatever it takes to keep you below 99%.  If they can keep you below 98 you will feel your job is in danger and be ever so grateful to continue employment with this fantastic family-friendly company . (Gag, puke).  Wrong word, wrong spelling, wrong format -- okay.  But REALLY!!!   ...

Why Did I Look At FIESA????
Aug 26, 2012

I knew I shouldn't have looked at my FIESA from Saturday but I did.  Majority are 100% so for that I am grateful but THEN there are the others where you are marked off for stuff that make no sense and then there are the stupid errors that I did and will own up to and wonder where my brain was when I was typing - I think my brain was so worried about being marked off for every little thing that I honestly can't concentrate sometimes like I need to. ...

FIESA...
Sep 14, 2012

I know we complain and complain about this on here and we fight and argue with the TLs about this...I was marked off half a point for EACH blank that I left on a dictation that the tape cut out.  The only explanation from QA was that "it was clearly understood".  I am just wondering how it was clearly understood.  I went back and listened to the tape and sure enough where I had blanks, the tape was cutting out.  So why am I being marked off for blanks.  Then on a few ot ...

How Do You Get To FIESA. Got A Log-in Name And
Dec 31, 2012

password, but no info as to where to sign in.   TIA! ...

FIESA B.S.
May 30, 2013

Okay, first quarter FIESA reviewed about 80 reports of mine and I actually got my incentive.  Now for this quarter, I am wavering on not getting my incentive with a 98.88 and for the past few weeks they have not reviewed a single one of my reports.  I smell something fishy.  This whole FIESA thing is to a) review enough reports a quarter so you fall below 99 and then b) if you are below 99, stop reviewing reports so you are stuck there with no chance to bring it up!  How fric ...

ANOTHER FIESA LIE
Jun 28, 2013

our post-audit reports are randomly pulled.  If you score high enough to get the bonus, your reports are gone through by the hatchet queens in India until they can find a report they can "audit" to bring you below 99%.  If you are kicked back to 98.99%, they still meet their contract requirements to the client, and Nuance does not have to pay you a bonus.  ...

Fiesa/QA/QC
Jul 22, 2013

I feel that all this crap is a plan to get rid of more US MTs.  They can show clients how our "Quality fails" and how they cannot get good help in the US and even the clients who want US workers will have to allow it to be shipped out.  JMO ...

Need FIESA Help - Sm
Sep 09, 2013

I almost always get my critical errors on one particular doctor who I think I understand and then it turns out I miss something.  I think there is a way to do a report on critical errors and see if I can trend the dictator but I can't figure out how.  Does anybody know?  And before you tell me to ask my TSM I did but as usual never got an answer. ...

FIESA AND QA- SM
Oct 08, 2013

Much as I dislike FIESA and all this QA, what I really hate is finding out I've been typing something WRONG for 30 years.  The only thing I can say for myself is some QA decades ago filled it in for me and I didn't look it up.  Been typing Campo's fascia instead of Camper's fascia. Took a 1-point post-audit hit on it, too.  Shakes me up, what else have I been doing wrong for 30 years?  And will it knock me out of bonus territory next quarter... ...

FIESA Again
Nov 22, 2013

I just got a post-audit review with 4 points deducted for 1 critical and 1 major error that were made by QA1 after I submitted a report with blanks by the dictator from hell. I'm so mad and all the things you can imagine, not to mention I'm sitting here bawling from total frustration. ...

FIESA IS DOWN, TOO
Dec 17, 2013

NM ...

FIESA (SM)
Mar 07, 2014

Was wondering if anyone has ever received FIESA feedback on reports that do not belong to you, i.e., you did not transcribe or edit the report?  ...

NOT LOOKING AT FIESA
Apr 01, 2014

I must admit, I never looked at FIESA, not only because it was depressing and humiliating, but its not the most user friendly site. My manager was constantly badgering me for not looking at it though and actually had me try to get on the other day when she called. How do other people get away with not looking at it? I wish I could get out of this company. It's depressing, demeaning and humiliating. ...