A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Revised Nuance Transcription Guidelines - YD

Posted: Apr 07, 2014

Everyone should be very interested in the just revised (March 24, 2014) Nuance Transcription Guidelines.  First paragraph is quoted below:

"This document may answer questions not addressed in individual account specifics and is to be utilized as a secondary reference as desired (italics mine).  Note: These are preferences, not requirements,  and will not impact your quality performance (italics mine).   Whenever possible, the speech draft should not be edited unless the intended meaning is not conveyed in the speech draft, or unless instructed in the account specifics (bold face is Nuance's)."

Based on some ridiculous FIESA feedback for the last few days, it doesn't seem that QA/QC reviewers have gotten the news either.   Is the above the result of the big changes in QA policy that we were told were in the works?  According to above, only errors that violate client instructions are to be counted against us.   Your thoughts?

New guidelines - Pollyanna

[ In Reply To ..]
How did you get the new guidelines? All of this is pure HORSE S___! Too many years of working as a hospital MT, we didn't need this middle tier of prima-donnas correcting our work. The dictator was the one who approved or disapproved. All of this is BALONEY!

Posted on Enrich site - SM - YD

[ In Reply To ..]
Log into Enrich site. On right side of page under "MY TEAM" choose Nuance. Under NTS Resources, you will see the transcription guidelines as one of the selections.

Individual account specifics - CuriousMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm curious as to where you got these, but my view on it is that all of my accounts are "verbatim." So, if the speech doesn't pull in what's being said, then I need to change it.

Also, other than putting "the patient" when they're just saying "patient" and such, when does speech ever type something that doesn't affect the intended meaning but is still not what they said. To me, it totally hears the wrong thing, not just makes minor edits.

I have no idea what this revision document says. - Tired of double talk

[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance comes up with so much BS that is subject to interpretation I no longer read the emails.

Similar Messages:

Transitioning MTs - REVISED.
Jul 10, 2012

I'd like to suggest a forum devoted specifically to options for MTs looking to get out of transcription. Not for discussions of how bad it's gotten, etc., but a place where MTs can share (and easily find) concrete ideas (links, newspaper articles, etc.) for jobs or educational programs that might be a good fit for a new career for a medical transcriptionist. Or perhaps a board, a lot like a job board, with alphabetized listings or categorized by type of work. From what I can see, MTs a ...

Anyone Else Get A Revised Activity Report?
May 10, 2012

Transcend Website Revised
Feb 27, 2013

Isn't it nice that they took away our only tool to communicate with our fellow Transcend MLS.  The forum is gone.  That sure as heck didn't take long.  I always thought that we were all very civilized on that forum.  Guess they don't want us communicating anymore.  Heck, that was sometimes the only place you could get an answer about something.  It stinks!  Gonna miss that forum. ...

Operative Report-revised Septorhinoplasty
Apr 14, 2010

Operative report, secondary procedure is revised septorhinoplasty.  The preoperative diagnosis is "Palaferal calasis nasal deformity" is what it sounds like, but I have looked in my book and searched the web-cannot find anything that matches...can anyone help me please!! ...

MQ Guidelines/BOS/CPs
Apr 18, 2010

I have been scanning through posts for several years here and am amazed at the recurrent complaints about standards.  Some of you sound as if you have to refer to all three sources every single time you transcribe a document and therefore your production is low and you get crappy audit results.  Really?  If you are not able to retain these kinds of guidelines with the need to only occasionally reference them (except when you're new and training), this is totally not the job f ...

Guidelines, Etc.
Jun 09, 2011

Well, I have read a couple of e-mails from corporate today.  I do not know about anyone else, but they are as clear as mud.  Don't these people have anything better to do than set these guidelines?  I know a hospital where the transcription was free style and when MQ took over THEY decided to have one format.  Like it changes anything.  Talk about control freaks! ...

TAA Guidelines
Aug 17, 2013

According to US DOL, "To obtain TAA or ATAA services and benefits, a group of workers must first file a petition with the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Trade Adjustment Assistance (OTAA) requesting certification as workers adversely affected by foreign trade. If certified, each worker in the group may then apply separately for individual services and benefits through their local One-Stop Career Center. Workers age 50 and older who are certified as eligible to apply for both TAA and A ...

QA Guidelines
Mar 31, 2015

What is the standard practice where you work regarding QA scores, minor errors, critical errors, major errors, ie., dock in pay, verbal warning, termination?   ...

Medquist DQS Guidelines
Aug 12, 2010

I was just re-reading my client profile and noticed that this is a reference to go by.  What are the DQS Guidelines and where do I find them?  TIA ...

Who Got The Mmodal Guidelines?
Apr 08, 2012

A good CCM would have never just sent out the email I got...Guidelines attached..There are several critical changes in there in case no one told you..I am finding out the hardway skipping through when I am working. ...

Printable DQS Guidelines
Sep 06, 2012

I'm looking for printable DQS guidelines. ...

New QC/QA-FIESA Guidelines!
Feb 21, 2014

Has everyone gotten the e-mail about the new QC/QA guidelines with regards to FIESA.  Apparently there are either some brave souls willing to complain to their TSM's and such, or management is actually reading this board (and not just clicking dislike on everything). The one thing I am not really sure of is that they are no longer going to be showing us the QC/QA comments.  Not that I check FIESA anymore anyway (after reading that so many of you don't waste your time and not ...

OOW Procedure Or Guidelines?
Jan 01, 2015

Where are the guidelines for this, looked on Enrich/employee handbook, can't find it.  TTIA! ...

Having One Of Those Days...DQS Guidelines
Feb 24, 2015

It's only Tuesday and I am ready for my days off.  Can someone please tell me how to get a copy of the DQS guidelines/MModal transcription guide or whatever it is called?  I think I deleted it from my desktop.    Thanks in advance! ...

Medquist Standards And Guidelines
Mar 10, 2010

Before I appear dumb to supervisor, can somebody tell me where do I find "MedQuist Standards and Guidelines?" ...

Mjnc7 Guidelines Hypertension
Jan 04, 2011

CONTEXT:  "Hypertension – patient is to keep a blood pressure log, which will be reviewed in approximately three weeks.  MJNC7 guidelines will be mailed to the patient as well.  "   Any ideas?  Thank you! :) ...

Federal Guidelines To Meet For ICs Under HIPAA
Sep 09, 2013

So I passed the BA Agreement, proof of liability insurance and Policies and Procedures with the company, so I may still be able to work as an IC and not an employee, but here is their response: "You must first provide proof that you meet the Federal Guidelines to remain an IC before providing proof of insurance or policies and procedures. You can research this by doing a Google search but these guidelines MUST be met in order to remain an IC." I already also passed the HIPAA training. What e ...

MModal Guidelines Order Of Importance
Feb 12, 2014

With all this talk of people being audited more frequently, including myself.  I thought I'd try to help out a little.  MModal follows 4 documents when it comes to formatting, and they are really cracking down on it.  They have a certain order in which to follow, one trumping the other.  If you can't find what you are looking for in the first document, move on to the next one.  Here's the order: 1.  Client profile - this will list any exceptions to t ...

CHA2DS2-VASc - Any Current Guidelines? Sm
Sep 10, 2014

It seems like every doctor dictates this differently (CHADS VASc2 score, CHADS 2 score).  I'm having trouble finding the exact guidelines for this. For example, if the doctor dictates it as CHADS VASc2, should we type the "official" term as CHA2DS2-VASc?    ...

Where Can I Find The Book Of Style/MM Guidelines?
May 12, 2015

x ...

Where Do I Find M*Modal DocQscribe Standards And Guidelines?
May 20, 2013

Latest version, please.  Thanks for any help. ...

What Is Your Opinion Of Nuance Transcription And United Transcription (United In Charlotte, NC)
Jun 06, 2012

I have been offered a position with both.  I have; however, in the past, had a position where the employer still owes me $6000.  Does United pay and have the work?  Does Nuance have enough work for me?  I need full time work guaranteed income, like everyone else.  Good luck to all out there! ...

Testing Question...Do You Transcribe Verbatim Or Follow AAMT Guidelines?? Sm
Dec 30, 2009

Is one or the other just a given?  Please help! ...

Execuscribe: Any Info On How They - Ensure Federal Guidelines With Regards To Minimum Wage
Jan 10, 2010

Anyone currently work for or recently just left ExecuScribe have information they would be willing to share about how they pay?  I am curious about the statement they have on their web site.  How do they handle down times (no work, computer/internet not working, etc) to “ensure…federal guidelines with regards to minimum wage and over-time laws”?  Since they require testing with the application, if you are willing, could you also answer the following, so I know ...

Nuance Transcription/need IM Buddy
Mar 11, 2012

I have recently been hired by Nuance Transcription. If there is anyone out there who wants an employee as an "IM buddy" through the Nuance Comagent, please let me know. I have found it helpful to get and give input from other coworkers versus asking a question to a supervisor and waiting 24 hours to get a response. ...

Does Nuance Do Coding As Well As Transcription?
May 03, 2012

Just curious if Nuance is into coding and if they specifically hire coders or move their MTs over into coding?  TIA.  You all are really informative.  I am with Transcend now, so am trying to keep my food down reading all the Nuance info. on here.  ...

Nuance Transcription Services - Anyone Knows About Them
Jul 23, 2012

has anyone heard of Nuance?  They supposedly have added Transcend Services to their company.  I saw an ad where they are hiring, and just wondered if anyone knows about them.  Been with my company now for several years, but keep running out of work, and so I'm looking elsewhere.  thanks ! ...

Does Nuance Do Pathology Transcription?
Jul 20, 2013

Thank you! ...

Anyone Aware Nuance Has Gotten Rid Of Transcription
Jan 13, 2015

for the Kaleida Health System and will no longer be using MTs at all soon, they are using templates and the doctors will be editing their own reports, and this is for the entire system as radiology has already been phased out. this must be similar to MModal's voice 'understanding' not just recognition. it is tied into the EHR and can create reports from templates based on the electronic health records. it knows when a doctor dictates an error and will flag it, and all the doctor ...

Working For Nuance Transcription
Mar 25, 2015

Whoever is even thinking of trying to work for Nuance Transcription, should think again!  They are always running out of work and pay sucks big time! They have a new pay system where you are docked for almost everything! You have to meet 99% quality, which is no problem, as you should be meeting that anyway, but then they check your reports, always short ones and if they find an error, especially a major one, that docks your score way down, which in turn docks you pay, plus they then take y ...