A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

operative report-revised septorhinoplasty - Debbie

Posted: Apr 14, 2010

Operative report, secondary procedure is revised septorhinoplasty.  The preoperative diagnosis is "Palaferal calasis nasal deformity" is what it sounds like, but I have looked in my book and searched the web-cannot find anything that matches...can anyone help me please!!

Maybe palatoschisis? - mt-7

[ In Reply To ..]
palatoschisis (cleft palate)

may not necessarily be together, but - Pinko

[ In Reply To ..]
I am thinking the questionable word may be blepharochalsis with nasal deformity being a separate diagnosis.

Operative report - Debbie

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you so much, I listened again and I do believe your right, thanks again!!

Glad to - Pinko

[ In Reply To ..]
be of help ;o)

Similar Messages:

Anyone Else Get A Revised Activity Report?
May 10, 2012

Operative Report Anthology Stem
Aug 17, 2011

Anthology stem, high offset with a plus 8 occinium head Do you captilize Anthology and Occinium? in all caps like online? ...

Type Of Sheath- Operative Report
Nov 21, 2012

7-French "dilock" sheath ...

Operative Report Skin Grafts From Burn
Feb 07, 2011

Transcribing Operative Report (Burns, skin grafts from thigh) The tourniquet was tested and was found to be working and was placed up at 300 mL of mercury prior to excising__________(sonds like - uraft)and taking the donor skin.   Just can't figure it out....Thanks! I think I have the 300 mL of mercury right..... ...

All Kinds Of Help With An Operative Report With A Surgeon With Heavy Accent: Primary Procedure: Rong
Oct 26, 2010

I am having a really hard time under the Findings and Procedures with an Operative Report. The Primary Procedure is: Rongeur of Perforated Duodenal Ulcer Omentum Patch. The Secondary Procedure is: Standard Gastrostomy and Witzel Jejunostomy. Can anyone please help me? Thank you in advance! ...

Surgical S/l "floor Time" In Operative Report
Nov 11, 2011

Is this a commonly used term?  I have not done very many operative reports, and none for this particular doctor.  It sound like she says "Floor time 9.25 minutes."  I guess this means the time in surgery, but I have not heard this before.  ...

Transitioning MTs - REVISED.
Jul 10, 2012

I'd like to suggest a forum devoted specifically to options for MTs looking to get out of transcription. Not for discussions of how bad it's gotten, etc., but a place where MTs can share (and easily find) concrete ideas (links, newspaper articles, etc.) for jobs or educational programs that might be a good fit for a new career for a medical transcriptionist. Or perhaps a board, a lot like a job board, with alphabetized listings or categorized by type of work. From what I can see, MTs a ...

Transcend Website Revised
Feb 27, 2013

Isn't it nice that they took away our only tool to communicate with our fellow Transcend MLS.  The forum is gone.  That sure as heck didn't take long.  I always thought that we were all very civilized on that forum.  Guess they don't want us communicating anymore.  Heck, that was sometimes the only place you could get an answer about something.  It stinks!  Gonna miss that forum. ...

Revised Nuance Transcription Guidelines
Apr 07, 2014

Everyone should be very interested in the just revised (March 24, 2014) Nuance Transcription Guidelines.  First paragraph is quoted below: "This document may answer questions not addressed in individual account specifics and is to be utilized as a secondary reference as desired (italics mine).  Note: These are preferences, not requirements,  and will not impact your quality performance (italics mine).   Whenever possible, the speech draft should not be edited unless t ...

Operative Word
May 10, 2011

The sentinel node was identified and excised.  It had an (s/l ex-vevo) count of 2800. Thanks in advance. ...

Need Help With An Operative Word!
Sep 07, 2011

This is in reference to a gastric bypass, ......Roux and Egrec were performed.  THANKS! ...

Operative Reports/ESL
Nov 28, 2011

Is it possible to find a job with one of these national companies with not a lot of operative report experience or ESL experience?   Those seem to be the two things they are most interested in.  I have been an MT for27 years.  I have tons of experience in a lot of different specialties, just not much in the way of op reports or ESL.  I worked for Transcend for five months (very difficult account) and found it almost impossible to learn the op reports, main ...

Surgical / Operative Position
Jun 15, 2010

The patient was placed in a Maltern-dalenberg position.  (The procedure being performed is a total abdominal hysterectomy.    It sounds like Maltern-dalenberg.  This was also dictated in an ear lobe mass excision.  Any idea what the right word would be?  Thanks! ...

Coronary Bypass Operative
Dec 31, 2010

A reverse saphenous vein graft was then constructed to the third obtuse marginal, brought to the circumflex using running 7-0 Prolene for old distal anastomosis and probing old distal anastomosis prior to completion of _______ (s/l    d-cert they were paytent??).  Cold blood cardioplegia was given through each vein graft with the completion of the distal anastomoses. I have hilighted the areas that I need help with.  Any suggestions?? ...

Operative Note Mess
Jul 07, 2011

The distal end of the bile duct was oversewn with running, locking 3-0 PDS, and the end-to-side choledochojejunostomy was done to the loop of jejunum with a running 4-0 PDS suture. We placed Evicel around this **s/l "so a ligamentum teres off the shassum posterior** and anchored. Omental pedicle flap was then fashioned **s/l and anterior to anteriorly** to protect the anastomosis. Thanks in advance. ...

Do Tier 2 MTs Do Operative Reports?
Aug 09, 2012

x ...

Ortho Operative Note Help Please, He Is Cutting It Off .... Sm
Aug 18, 2010

Some *Daptik* was applied to the wound and the patient was placed in a soft cast.    I know this but he is cutting himself off and my mind has gone BLANK!!!   TIA ...

Operative Procedure - Right Hemicolectomy With Intraoperative Biopsy Of Sm
Apr 15, 2010

peritoneal s/l "seeding"? ...

How Is One To Make Line Count When You Get Report After Report Sm
Mar 05, 2014

that is less than 30 lines; dictator who repeats every sentence with 1 subtle change; DEAD AIR, etc.  It is stressful enough that I'm losing money today but to be stressed out about line count and being perfect...I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!! ...

VR Pay Per Report
Nov 26, 2009

I interview with a company and they pay per report for VR.  I haven't heard anyone talking that.  They pay 60 to 70 cents per report.  Is this good?  Feedback is appreciated.  Thanks guys!! ...

OR Report
Dec 10, 2009

Left injection with a (s/l arististan) and lidocaine. ...

I Am In SA5. Who Does My CCM Report To? Nm
Dec 15, 2009

EP Report
Jan 31, 2010

Review of her s/l EP report.  She did have a dual-chamber Medtronic Versa DR generator placed.  Anyone know what an EP report stands for?  ...

Report Look Up
Mar 11, 2010

My employee DEP number would never work.  Supervisor gave me a number (?) to use.  Now it says it has been "disabled" and to "contact system administrator."  Another winner MQ. ...

Why Not Report Them To The FTC?
Jul 14, 2010

Here's the link below.   Report their business practices: 1.  Failing to provide work for current employees while advertising for MORE employees. 2.  Failing to communicate. 3.  Making impossible standards for you to make your requirements and keep your hours without any work and forcing you to use your PTO. 4.  Management failing and outright refusing to respond to you. 5.  Squeezing your pay and benefit rates down in a consistent manner.   ht ...

Pay For Rad Report
Sep 09, 2010

Is $1.10 per rad report the going rate?  I have no idea at all whether this is decent pay.  Anyone know? ...

Op Report Help
Dec 11, 2010

The cephalic vein was identified and the ____ then developed distally to the deltoid attachment to the humerus.  (s/l "center")  Is that correct?? Also, Patient tolerated the procedure well and returned to _____ in satisfactory condition. (s/l "her room") Is that correct?? New at op reports so struggling a little. Thanks for the help. ...

The Use Of A Or An In A Report.
Dec 24, 2010

Can anyone state the rule for proper usage of a or an?  I know you use "a" when the noun you are referring to begins with a consonant and use "an" when the noun you are referring to begins with a vowel.  However, is there a rule that applies to usage of a or an when it pertains to the below?  This is an 84-year-old female, who has a history of dementia - OR This is a 84-year-old female, who has a history of dementia.  Thanks, bfp ...

MRI Report
Jan 25, 2011

(Patient with history of brain tumor.)  There are postsurgical changes with S/L some goliosis or subgoliosus  noted involving the caudal aspect of the anterior right temporal lobe extending from the right aspect of the suprasellar cistern. Thank you in advance... ...

This Report Needs An F11
Jun 11, 2011

This report badly needs to be wiped out and let me transcribe it from scratch.  Out of 3 lines ASR got 3 words correct - The, and, not - and it is over 600 seconds long.  Calgon, take me away, waaaay far awaaaaa!  C'mon lottery ticket.  Be nice to me tonight! ...