A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does Nuance do pathology transcription? - Thanks! (nm)

Posted: Jul 20, 2013

Thank you!

No, they are more into PATHETIC transcription - Truth Hurts

[ In Reply To ..]
. . . I'm just sayin'

yes, only certain accounts/clients - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been on 5-6 diff accounts over ~2 years, just finally with my newest ran into one that does path reports on a regular basis.

Similar Messages:

What Is Pathology Transcription?
Dec 21, 2010

Can anyone explain to me what do you type if you are a pathology MT?  I see many jobs asking for radiology or pathology expereince needed.  I understand what RAD is... I do not know what pathology is typing.  Please explain?  Greatly appreciated! ...

Pathology Transcription - Well Do You Like It?
Feb 06, 2012

Just wondering if anyone out there types pathology reports and, if so, how well do you like it?  Considering a position of strictly pathology dictation.  Thanks. ...

Does MM Do Pathology Transcription?
Jul 20, 2013

Thank you! ...

Pathology And Laboratory Transcription
Dec 24, 2010

I just found a local hospital advertising for a path and lab transcription job and am considering applying, but I've never done that type of transcription.  I've done numerous others, radiology, hospital, surgical, clinic, etc., but it has been a few years as lately I have been doing clinic work only.  Is pathology/laboratory transcription difficult?  I realize it's a matter of opinion and just like all other transcription would take time to adjust.  I'm g ...

Pathology And Radiology Transcription
May 23, 2011

I have been a radiology transcriptionist for about 12 years. I am presently unemployed. I have seen an ad on one of the job sites for a pathology transcriptionist with 1 year experience. My question is how different/difficult is pathology transcription. Should it be something a radiology transcriptionist can do, given I have 15 years experience but 12 in rad work. Do you think it would be something I could pick up without difficulty? Any information and input would be appreciated. I have been ou ...

Pathology Transcription - What Is The Difference?
Apr 10, 2014

Can anybody tell me how different it is typing for a pathology practice versus clinic transcription and hospital transcription? I am considering applying for a pathology transcription position. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance. ...

Pathology Transcription - Dictation To Practice?
Nov 01, 2009

I am testing for a transcription position within a hospital, but I have never done pathology transcription before only sleep medicine & consultations. Does anyone know where I can download sample pathology dictation to practice before I have to test with them on Thursday. Any help would be appreciated! ...

Pathology Transcription - What Skills Are Needed?
Jun 29, 2010

I've been an acute care transcriptionist for 15 years... can anyone tell me if I qualify for Pathology transcription or is this an acquired skill that needs more schooling? Thanks! ...

I Want To Learn Pathology And Radiology Transcription
Jul 23, 2010

Hi, I been working full time in acute care as an IC now for 7 years and I have been noticing the only jobs for transcriptionists left in hospitals or labs is pathology, sometimes but rarely radiology.  How can I go about learning pathology.  I been in acute care my whole career, it can't be that hard to learn after typing acute care non stop for this long.  Any ideas? ...

New Pathology Transcription Job, Info Needed
Jun 28, 2013

I am about to start a new in-house path transcription job for a laboratory. I did transcription for about 6 years up until I quit last spring. My specialties then were ortho and PT, so I have no experience in pathology. The new company is well aware of this and is willing to train and be patient with me learning on the job. Even so, I am so very nervous as I know this is a whole different ballgame with terminology. They do autopsies as well. Are there sites I should read up on or dictionaries th ...

Pathology Transcription - Difference Besides Learning The Format?
Mar 26, 2012

I have 18 years experience in acute care transcription in just about everything except "pathology transcription."  I have done a lot of ops of all kinds, oncology, neurology, cardiology, infectious disease, etc.  Is Pathology transcription that different?  I've done tumor staging, chemo protocols, just about any type of EEG, TEE, cath, radiology, etc.  The reason I'm asking is I saw a job for a "Pathology transcriptionist" and I really believe I'm qualified with my knowledge, ...

Pathology Transcription: Needing Advice On Finding A Job
Jan 27, 2015

Wondering if anyone can offer advice on where PATHOLOGY TRANSCRIPTIONIST jobs can be found - preferably one at home and would really like one that pays by the hour, but would consider one that pays by the line. Thanks for any advice that you might be able to offer. ...

What Is Your Opinion Of Nuance Transcription And United Transcription (United In Charlotte, NC)
Jun 06, 2012

I have been offered a position with both.  I have; however, in the past, had a position where the employer still owes me $6000.  Does United pay and have the work?  Does Nuance have enough work for me?  I need full time work guaranteed income, like everyone else.  Good luck to all out there! ...

Nuance Transcription/need IM Buddy
Mar 11, 2012

I have recently been hired by Nuance Transcription. If there is anyone out there who wants an employee as an "IM buddy" through the Nuance Comagent, please let me know. I have found it helpful to get and give input from other coworkers versus asking a question to a supervisor and waiting 24 hours to get a response. ...

Does Nuance Do Coding As Well As Transcription?
May 03, 2012

Just curious if Nuance is into coding and if they specifically hire coders or move their MTs over into coding?  TIA.  You all are really informative.  I am with Transcend now, so am trying to keep my food down reading all the Nuance info. on here.  ...

Nuance Transcription Services - Anyone Knows About Them
Jul 23, 2012

has anyone heard of Nuance?  They supposedly have added Transcend Services to their company.  I saw an ad where they are hiring, and just wondered if anyone knows about them.  Been with my company now for several years, but keep running out of work, and so I'm looking elsewhere.  thanks ! ...

Anyone Aware Nuance Has Gotten Rid Of Transcription
Jan 13, 2015

for the Kaleida Health System and will no longer be using MTs at all soon, they are using templates and the doctors will be editing their own reports, and this is for the entire system as radiology has already been phased out. this must be similar to MModal's voice 'understanding' not just recognition. it is tied into the EHR and can create reports from templates based on the electronic health records. it knows when a doctor dictates an error and will flag it, and all the doctor ...

Working For Nuance Transcription
Mar 25, 2015

Whoever is even thinking of trying to work for Nuance Transcription, should think again!  They are always running out of work and pay sucks big time! They have a new pay system where you are docked for almost everything! You have to meet 99% quality, which is no problem, as you should be meeting that anyway, but then they check your reports, always short ones and if they find an error, especially a major one, that docks your score way down, which in turn docks you pay, plus they then take y ...

Nuance Transcription Company Info?
Jun 07, 2011

Our facility recently contracted with Nuance and all MT's were "offered" a position with Nuance. What should we expect? Has anyone worked for or currently working for this company? ...

Oracle OR Nuance Transcription Service
Mar 21, 2012

Hi, I have just been contacted by Oracle and by Nuance Transcription Service and wondered if anyone had any experience with either company.   ...

Revised Nuance Transcription Guidelines
Apr 07, 2014

Everyone should be very interested in the just revised (March 24, 2014) Nuance Transcription Guidelines.  First paragraph is quoted below: "This document may answer questions not addressed in individual account specifics and is to be utilized as a secondary reference as desired (italics mine).  Note: These are preferences, not requirements,  and will not impact your quality performance (italics mine).   Whenever possible, the speech draft should not be edited unless t ...

Nuance Transcription Services - Frustrated With This Place
Mar 29, 2011

I need to know if it is just me.  I am so frustrated with this place.  I thought I would enjoy getting paid by the line instead of hourly, but they just seem to do what they can to slow us down.  They are constantly changing the account's specifics so you have to stop and read a paragraph before you can type EACH report.  Also, constantly changing your account.....today you are on _____, then tomorrow without warning you are on _____.  Also, it seems like every QC has a different way o ...

Nuance Transcription Services Is A Legitimate Company?
Jul 21, 2011

Does anyone out there know if Nuance (out of Massachusetts) is a legitimate company? ...

Largest Transcription Companies Out There That Are Not Affiliated With Nuance?
Apr 10, 2014

What are some of the largest transcription companies out there that are not affiliated with Nuance?  It is way too hard to get a parttime job with smaller independent hospitals.  ...

30% Nuance Clients Refuse Offshore Transcription
May 17, 2015

and the other 70% are in for a very rude awakening. ...

In Case You Forget That Nuance Is Not A Transcription Company At Its Core
Jul 16, 2014

I have to admit, I wasn't familiar with what "Ambulatory" transcription would entail, so I went searching on the internet and came across this PDF. It is a stark reminder that Nuance is not a transcription company.  They are a technology company, a speech recognition company, and we are all test subjects to make their speech engine better (through the thousands of doctors dictating and all of our editing).  They don't want to use transcriptionsits to do their work. They wan ...

Pathology MTs
Oct 28, 2009

Are there any Pathology MTs out there? Can I ask who you work for? ...

Pathology Help, Please - SM
Dec 23, 2014

Received fresh, and placed into formalin fixative, the specimen is labeled "left breast biopsy", and consists of a rounded, somewhat *, egg-shaped mass, 4.3 x 2.9 x 2.4 cm.  The cut surface has a somewhat fish-flesh appearance, with frequent ** areas.  No hemorrhage or necrosis is seen.    *s/l "boscillated" or "vahsillated" **s/l "cletid" or "klepted"  Any help appreciated :)   ...

New Pathology MT
Mar 13, 2015

I JUST STARTED WORKING A PATHOLOGY TRANSCRIPTIONIST, I WAS LET GO FROM MY PREVIOUS JOB THAT I WORKED AT FOR 14 YEARS. HAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THAT THE TRAINING FOR FLUENCY WAS A JOKE, THEY GAVE ME THIS MANUEL TO READ. I DO NOT LEARN THAT WAY AND MY PC WAS NOT REALLY HELPFUL. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAS THIS SAME PROBLEM? AND SHE IS NO NIT-PICKY ABOUT STUPID ERRORS THAT I HAVE BEEN DOING WITH THIS ACCOUNT FOR YEARS.  ...

MM Pathology
May 13, 2015

Anyone working pathology department for MM?  Wondering what your eperience is working for many pathologists and accounts, and anything else you can elaborate on in this department.  Thanks.  ...