A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

CHA2DS2-VASc - any current guidelines? sm - JudyJ

Posted: Sep 10, 2014

It seems like every doctor dictates this differently (CHADS VASc2 score, CHADS 2 score).  I'm having trouble finding the exact guidelines for this.

For example, if the doctor dictates it as CHADS VASc2, should we type the "official" term as CHA2DS2-VASc?   

It's a safe bet to...SM - Old

[ In Reply To ..]
transcribe exactly the way it is dictated. That's what I do and have had no problems with QA about it.

Similar Messages:

CHA2DS2 VASc
Nov 06, 2012

We have a physician that dictates this "His chads vasc 2 score is 2.2% a year."  Our system cannot take superscript, would you recommend we "correct" this to the correct term, i.e. CHA2DS2 VASc?  I cannot find anything on web searches for CHADS VASC2 scores.  ...

MQ Guidelines/BOS/CPs
Apr 18, 2010

I have been scanning through posts for several years here and am amazed at the recurrent complaints about standards.  Some of you sound as if you have to refer to all three sources every single time you transcribe a document and therefore your production is low and you get crappy audit results.  Really?  If you are not able to retain these kinds of guidelines with the need to only occasionally reference them (except when you're new and training), this is totally not the job f ...

Guidelines, Etc.
Jun 09, 2011

Well, I have read a couple of e-mails from corporate today.  I do not know about anyone else, but they are as clear as mud.  Don't these people have anything better to do than set these guidelines?  I know a hospital where the transcription was free style and when MQ took over THEY decided to have one format.  Like it changes anything.  Talk about control freaks! ...

TAA Guidelines
Aug 17, 2013

According to US DOL, "To obtain TAA or ATAA services and benefits, a group of workers must first file a petition with the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Trade Adjustment Assistance (OTAA) requesting certification as workers adversely affected by foreign trade. If certified, each worker in the group may then apply separately for individual services and benefits through their local One-Stop Career Center. Workers age 50 and older who are certified as eligible to apply for both TAA and A ...

QA Guidelines
Mar 31, 2015

What is the standard practice where you work regarding QA scores, minor errors, critical errors, major errors, ie., dock in pay, verbal warning, termination?   ...

Medquist DQS Guidelines
Aug 12, 2010

I was just re-reading my client profile and noticed that this is a reference to go by.  What are the DQS Guidelines and where do I find them?  TIA ...

Who Got The Mmodal Guidelines?
Apr 08, 2012

A good CCM would have never just sent out the email I got...Guidelines attached..There are several critical changes in there in case no one told you..I am finding out the hardway skipping through when I am working. ...

Printable DQS Guidelines
Sep 06, 2012

I'm looking for printable DQS guidelines. ...

New QC/QA-FIESA Guidelines!
Feb 21, 2014

Has everyone gotten the e-mail about the new QC/QA guidelines with regards to FIESA.  Apparently there are either some brave souls willing to complain to their TSM's and such, or management is actually reading this board (and not just clicking dislike on everything). The one thing I am not really sure of is that they are no longer going to be showing us the QC/QA comments.  Not that I check FIESA anymore anyway (after reading that so many of you don't waste your time and not ...

OOW Procedure Or Guidelines?
Jan 01, 2015

Where are the guidelines for this, looked on Enrich/employee handbook, can't find it.  TTIA! ...

Having One Of Those Days...DQS Guidelines
Feb 24, 2015

It's only Tuesday and I am ready for my days off.  Can someone please tell me how to get a copy of the DQS guidelines/MModal transcription guide or whatever it is called?  I think I deleted it from my desktop.    Thanks in advance! ...

Medquist Standards And Guidelines
Mar 10, 2010

Before I appear dumb to supervisor, can somebody tell me where do I find "MedQuist Standards and Guidelines?" ...

Mjnc7 Guidelines Hypertension
Jan 04, 2011

CONTEXT:  "Hypertension – patient is to keep a blood pressure log, which will be reviewed in approximately three weeks.  MJNC7 guidelines will be mailed to the patient as well.  "   Any ideas?  Thank you! :) ...

Federal Guidelines To Meet For ICs Under HIPAA
Sep 09, 2013

So I passed the BA Agreement, proof of liability insurance and Policies and Procedures with the company, so I may still be able to work as an IC and not an employee, but here is their response: "You must first provide proof that you meet the Federal Guidelines to remain an IC before providing proof of insurance or policies and procedures. You can research this by doing a Google search but these guidelines MUST be met in order to remain an IC." I already also passed the HIPAA training. What e ...

MModal Guidelines Order Of Importance
Feb 12, 2014

With all this talk of people being audited more frequently, including myself.  I thought I'd try to help out a little.  MModal follows 4 documents when it comes to formatting, and they are really cracking down on it.  They have a certain order in which to follow, one trumping the other.  If you can't find what you are looking for in the first document, move on to the next one.  Here's the order: 1.  Client profile - this will list any exceptions to t ...

Revised Nuance Transcription Guidelines
Apr 07, 2014

Everyone should be very interested in the just revised (March 24, 2014) Nuance Transcription Guidelines.  First paragraph is quoted below: "This document may answer questions not addressed in individual account specifics and is to be utilized as a secondary reference as desired (italics mine).  Note: These are preferences, not requirements,  and will not impact your quality performance (italics mine).   Whenever possible, the speech draft should not be edited unless t ...

Where Can I Find The Book Of Style/MM Guidelines?
May 12, 2015

x ...

Where Do I Find M*Modal DocQscribe Standards And Guidelines?
May 20, 2013

Latest version, please.  Thanks for any help. ...

Testing Question...Do You Transcribe Verbatim Or Follow AAMT Guidelines?? Sm
Dec 30, 2009

Is one or the other just a given?  Please help! ...

Execuscribe: Any Info On How They - Ensure Federal Guidelines With Regards To Minimum Wage
Jan 10, 2010

Anyone currently work for or recently just left ExecuScribe have information they would be willing to share about how they pay?  I am curious about the statement they have on their web site.  How do they handle down times (no work, computer/internet not working, etc) to “ensure…federal guidelines with regards to minimum wage and over-time laws”?  Since they require testing with the application, if you are willing, could you also answer the following, so I know ...

"Cormajor's" Guidelines
Feb 01, 2011

Patient with CHF being discharged on an ACE inhibitor per (s/l) "Cormajor's" guidelines. ...

Current TTD MTs
Oct 21, 2011

Would like to hear from current MTs their opinion and any info you would care to share about TTD.   Thanks. ...

Current Cpl
Apr 15, 2013

What is the current cpl rate that companies should be paying?  ...

I'm A Current MM MT And Would Like To Become MME.
Jan 10, 2015

I can't find any info anymore. Are there still MMEs and are they still testing for this position? Thanks! ...

Any Current Information On TTS
Jan 17, 2010

Would appreciate any current information on TTS, particular related to IC status.  Thanks much. ...

Current Information On TTS
Feb 01, 2010

Thinking of applying and just wondering about pay, platform, accounts etc. Any information would be good. I just want to make sure it is a good place to work.  From the archives, it looks like it is pretty mixed.  People either love it or hated it due to the strict scheduling.  Is the schedule still strict for ICs? Thanks in advance for your information. ...

What Is The Current MQ Atmosphere Like?
Feb 14, 2010

I keep getting recruitment emails, but I am leary from all the bad press I have seen in the past.  I really need a job and wonder if I should reconsider.  Any thoughts?  How is the pay? Do they hire PT?  Need the scoop. ...

Current Information On MD-IT?
Mar 07, 2010

Does anyone have any current information on MD-IT?   I searched the boards and the archives and found nothing.  If anyone could share any information at all, I would appreciate it, thanks. ...

Looking For Current Information On TTS Please (sm)
Jan 05, 2011

Have read the archives but most of it is from 2009 and older, a few posts in 2010 but really hoping to find out more current information.  They are offering IC status but then list the shifts that they expect you to work???  How is the pay, platform, volume of work, managers, communication, you name it, I would like to know it.  :)   TIA ...

Current CMT's - Is It Worth It?
Jan 08, 2011

If I take the CMT test the goal is to increase my income from my current earnings as a full time MT/ME.  But is it worth the $$ and time required to prepare for and take the CMT test?  I am confident that I would have no problem passing the test after adequate review, etc. So is it worth the effort?  Bottom line -- it will cost money to take the exam and it will cost money to either enroll in a review course or buy review materials to prepare for the exam. And the CMT credential ...