A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance Transcription/need IM buddy - Lori M

Posted: Mar 11, 2012

Smile I have recently been hired by Nuance Transcription. If there is anyone out there who wants an employee as an "IM buddy" through the Nuance Comagent, please let me know. I have found it helpful to get and give input from other coworkers versus asking a question to a supervisor and waiting 24 hours to get a response.

great idea, but I dont work for Nuanace. - congrats on new job!

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Nuance IM - barbv

[ In Reply To ..]
What account are you on?

I'm with Nuance courtesy of merger. What are "IM Buddy" - and Comagent? Thanks, NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Nuance/IM buddy - Lori M

[ In Reply To ..]
IM buddy is Instant messaging, someone who works for Nuance who might want a "buddy", someone to email and IM directly with questions or just to vent if needed. ComAgent is the IM system that is part of the WorldClient email system that they use. They don't give you email addressed of anyone who you work with, just the supervisors. I find it nice to talk with others who work for the same company.

IM - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Just a word of warning, at least this was true at Wmx on their computers, several who were venting on IM had their messages intercepted and it was read by management. Not sure if that is possible on your own computer or this IM. Just sayin, be careful and warned.
I second that. - mt2nuance
[ In Reply To ..]
I would exchange email addresses privately through here and use personal emails only. ANY work email system can and will be checked by management. That's why I never used the work email at my previous company. We had a choice and I stayed with my own private email program.
Agreed - I would take it to MSN or other private IM source - Better safe than sorry
[ In Reply To ..]
My best friend emailed me at my hospital employer's address from her hospital email address. She was venting about her abomination of a supervisor. The supervisor called her in the next morning and actually had that email up on her screen. My friend told me that when she had been hired, the supervisor had the MTs photocopy their IS information (their full name, preferred user ID and password). Turned out every night she was going into all of the MTs emails and reading them for personal info.

While I think it's deplorable behavior, it IS, at the end of the day, company property and they're entitled to do so.

Again, better safe than sorry. I'm sure if that is the company's intranet messenger, they have their ways to extract any and all conversations to peruse.
I think IM buddy is a great idea but use - MSN or Yahoo. We SM
[ In Reply To ..]
do that where I work. Since we are now sold to Nuance, I would love to do this again with some new coworkers. It is very helpful when you are working on the same accounts or new platforms, etc. It is almost like working in an office environment with friends. It can be very lonely out here.
thanks for the warning - Lori M
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the warning. I guess I really just want someone to ask simple questions and share frustrations with hopes of help or an idea from them. Hopefully that won't be a problem.
company IM - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
To deal with company issues, asking questions about accounts, it should be fine. My warning is specifically about venting or saying anything in that vein. We used to have help e-mail groups for different accounts and those were great for that purpose. You could get a fast answer and not need to wait a day for an answer!

New at Nuance also and would love - to IM (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
through MSH or AIM - I work 11 p to 7 a EST if anyone is on at nights and would like to exchange IM names.

Lori M (see message) - New NMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Without giving names, which type of account are you on? I, too, was just hired to work on a new hem/onc account and would definitely be interested in making some Nuance friends if you're still looking for IM buddies.

Similar Messages:

Transcription Buddy Vs. Express Scribe
Jul 27, 2013

Does anyone out there have pointers on how to get Transcription Buddy to work when we take online tests with companies?  I had read on this board that TB is preferable over ES because ES tends to install bugs and other undesirables on our computers.  Plus, ES wants money after 2 weeks of the free trial.  TB lets you try it for free for 30 days.  However, I tested today for a company and tried to use TB, without luck.  Ended up having to install ES to take the tests.  ...

Buddy Tape ?
Sep 12, 2013

Does anyone know if Buddy Tape is capitalized or not? Thank you ! ...

"buddy" Ascites?
Feb 23, 2010

With "friends" like those... ...

What Is Your Opinion Of Nuance Transcription And United Transcription (United In Charlotte, NC)
Jun 06, 2012

I have been offered a position with both.  I have; however, in the past, had a position where the employer still owes me $6000.  Does United pay and have the work?  Does Nuance have enough work for me?  I need full time work guaranteed income, like everyone else.  Good luck to all out there! ...

Does Nuance Do Coding As Well As Transcription?
May 03, 2012

Just curious if Nuance is into coding and if they specifically hire coders or move their MTs over into coding?  TIA.  You all are really informative.  I am with Transcend now, so am trying to keep my food down reading all the Nuance info. on here.  ...

Nuance Transcription Services - Anyone Knows About Them
Jul 23, 2012

has anyone heard of Nuance?  They supposedly have added Transcend Services to their company.  I saw an ad where they are hiring, and just wondered if anyone knows about them.  Been with my company now for several years, but keep running out of work, and so I'm looking elsewhere.  thanks ! ...

Does Nuance Do Pathology Transcription?
Jul 20, 2013

Thank you! ...

Anyone Aware Nuance Has Gotten Rid Of Transcription
Jan 13, 2015

for the Kaleida Health System and will no longer be using MTs at all soon, they are using templates and the doctors will be editing their own reports, and this is for the entire system as radiology has already been phased out. this must be similar to MModal's voice 'understanding' not just recognition. it is tied into the EHR and can create reports from templates based on the electronic health records. it knows when a doctor dictates an error and will flag it, and all the doctor ...

Working For Nuance Transcription
Mar 25, 2015

Whoever is even thinking of trying to work for Nuance Transcription, should think again!  They are always running out of work and pay sucks big time! They have a new pay system where you are docked for almost everything! You have to meet 99% quality, which is no problem, as you should be meeting that anyway, but then they check your reports, always short ones and if they find an error, especially a major one, that docks your score way down, which in turn docks you pay, plus they then take y ...

Nuance Transcription Company Info?
Jun 07, 2011

Our facility recently contracted with Nuance and all MT's were "offered" a position with Nuance. What should we expect? Has anyone worked for or currently working for this company? ...

Oracle OR Nuance Transcription Service
Mar 21, 2012

Hi, I have just been contacted by Oracle and by Nuance Transcription Service and wondered if anyone had any experience with either company.   ...

Revised Nuance Transcription Guidelines
Apr 07, 2014

Everyone should be very interested in the just revised (March 24, 2014) Nuance Transcription Guidelines.  First paragraph is quoted below: "This document may answer questions not addressed in individual account specifics and is to be utilized as a secondary reference as desired (italics mine).  Note: These are preferences, not requirements,  and will not impact your quality performance (italics mine).   Whenever possible, the speech draft should not be edited unless t ...

Nuance Transcription Services - Frustrated With This Place
Mar 29, 2011

I need to know if it is just me.  I am so frustrated with this place.  I thought I would enjoy getting paid by the line instead of hourly, but they just seem to do what they can to slow us down.  They are constantly changing the account's specifics so you have to stop and read a paragraph before you can type EACH report.  Also, constantly changing your account.....today you are on _____, then tomorrow without warning you are on _____.  Also, it seems like every QC has a different way o ...

Nuance Transcription Services Is A Legitimate Company?
Jul 21, 2011

Does anyone out there know if Nuance (out of Massachusetts) is a legitimate company? ...

Largest Transcription Companies Out There That Are Not Affiliated With Nuance?
Apr 10, 2014

What are some of the largest transcription companies out there that are not affiliated with Nuance?  It is way too hard to get a parttime job with smaller independent hospitals.  ...

30% Nuance Clients Refuse Offshore Transcription
May 17, 2015

and the other 70% are in for a very rude awakening. ...

In Case You Forget That Nuance Is Not A Transcription Company At Its Core
Jul 16, 2014

I have to admit, I wasn't familiar with what "Ambulatory" transcription would entail, so I went searching on the internet and came across this PDF. It is a stark reminder that Nuance is not a transcription company.  They are a technology company, a speech recognition company, and we are all test subjects to make their speech engine better (through the thousands of doctors dictating and all of our editing).  They don't want to use transcriptionsits to do their work. They wan ...

Nuance: Speech Recognition Versus Transcription Line Counts
May 13, 2012

As I was working today I thought about speech versus transcription, and it occurred to me that I was transcribing a good deal in each speech report I "edited." Why is transcription done for a full report paid any differently than transcription done in a speech report? In other words, why don't I get paid my transcription line count for the characters I am transcribing in a speech report, particularly since a great deal of these speech reports require almost re-transcribing completely due to ...

Resolve To Make A Fresh Start For 2013! Map Your Career Path With Nuance Transcription Services
Jan 05, 2013

Resolve to make a fresh start for 2013! Map your career path with Nuance Transcription Services!  As if I any one in their right mind wants to work for a company with such high standards that they are unattainable to most.   This underpaying J.O.B. is really not blowing my skirt up anymore!   ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

I Know The Nuance Questions Are Getting Old, But Just One More, Does Nuance Pay Shift Differential F
Mar 09, 2012

that fall during the shift.  For example, if half of your hours fall in 3rd shift and half fall in 1st shift, do the 3rd shift hours pay more cpl?  Or, do all hours have to fall within the shift to qualify?  Thanks, Yet another sad Transcend employee... ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

InfAny Info On Net Med Transcription, All-Write Transcription Or FutureNet Technologies?
Jun 11, 2010

I would appreciate any input anyone may have on these 3 companies. I have tried to find out about them through their local BBB, but only Net Med Transcription has anything on it. Thanks. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...

Any Advice On Craft Transcription Or SOAP Transcription??
May 30, 2014

Hi!   Anyone heard of or work for Craft Transcription or SOAP Transcription??? I have a interview today with SOAP. Any information is appreciated. ...

"Consider Returning To Nuance" - Just Received Email From Nuance
Jun 27, 2014

Wow. Posted this on company board but wanted to post here as well - some of you may feel vindicated. LPn ...

United Transcription Or Alpha Transcription
Sep 14, 2010

Just trying to get info on both companies.  Don't see much when I search.  Anyone work for either of these and can give me more info would be appreaciated.  ...

Prn Military Transcription/prn Medical Transcription
Jun 25, 2014

Anyone hear from them yet?  Over 1100 views, that means a billion resumes. ...

Offshore Transcription Stories Wanted- Medical Malpractice Cases Related To Offshore Transcription M
Oct 15, 2009

A legal contact was inquiring about the connection of medical mistakes related to off-shored transcription mistakes.  I have told him to review these boards and hopefully he will benefit from the information here.  While he did not discuss the exact case, I think that he will be able to use the off-shore transcription issue to his client's benefit or at least highlight that the provider in question does not have as rigorous control on processing records as other pr ...

JLG Transcription - Good Or Bad, Anything About JLG Transcription?
Jun 24, 2011

Can anyone tell me, good or bad, anything about JLG Transcription? Thanks. ...