A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Poll: Is your work PC your own personal PC or company-owned? - sm

Posted: Jul 17, 2012

Click Like for yes, it is company-owned (and covered if it crashes, i.e., money does not have to come out of your pocket)

Click Dislike for no, it is your own personal PC (and not covered if it crashes, you get no money to cover it and have to shell out $500 for a new PC).

A $500 PC might just be the problem - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
Take it from me, your life as an MT is based on your computer, and a $500 PC will give you nothing but problems. Been there, done that. Invest in a better one, at least $2000....

Everyone is different, but - me

[ In Reply To ..]
At least $2000 seems quite excessive to me.

Mine is a Dell and cost $700. It has a good warranty, and I'm very happy with it.

You have missed the point entirely - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
x

A $2000 computer? I believe a troll has joined us. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
/

PC store musta seen you coming with lotsa cash - who - pays $2K for a computer anymore? n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
These days, $500 will get you a faster computer, with far more memory, bells and whistles, than $25K did a decade ago.

What is the point, OP? Is this a complaint thatNuance - does not supply computers? NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

It is a poll to find out how many are supplied and how - many are not

[ In Reply To ..]
Period. How could you have missed that?

Results may not be accurate. sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Hi, I did vote in your poll, but we already had computers from our original company when it was bought out. So, if current computers break, I have no idea what happens then. Yikes! I'm certainly not prepared to purchase another computer. Would have to use my old Dell XPS purchased in 2004. I did purchase it with extra memory and a bigger hard drive so it would not become obsolete immediately, but still..... Thanks for the poll. Good idea!
If you were with WMX... - Rainy
[ In Reply To ..]
about 6 months ago I was told by the Solution Center that they will provide a replacement for WMXers if needed. That policy may have changed in the meantime, however. I will have to remember to ask my TL.

Similar Messages:

Being Owned By An Indian Company
Mar 17, 2013

After reading about that poor Swiss woman who was vacationing in India with her husband and being gang raped by 8 men, does anyone else's skin crawl just knowing we work for a company owned by India and their total disregard for women ?? ...

OSI Transcription Is Owned By Another Company
Dec 20, 2013

Can someone tell me if OSI Transcription is owned by another company (Like Nuance or Precyse)  or are they on their own?  Any info on this company?? ...

This Is A Poll Of Sorts. No Company Names Needed.
Oct 20, 2014

dd ...

Poll: Which Company Do You Think Is The Lesser Of 2 Evils? MModal Or Nuance? And Why?
Aug 03, 2014

xx ...

POLL: Which Company Do You Think Is The Lesser Of 2 Evils, Nuance Or MModal? And Why?
Aug 03, 2014

x ...

Is DSG Owned By MQ?
Jan 07, 2011

Is DSG owned by MQ? New employee, thought I was leaving the Q... DSG uses DocQScribe, and I notice when I log in it still says MQ. Also if there are problems with DQS, we are told to contact MQ? How is it that DSG has MQ work when MQ MT's are out of work? ...

How Long Has MQ Been OS Owned?
Dec 23, 2010

x ...

Owned By TransTech
Mar 07, 2014

Obviously we highly-skilled MTs were used as collateral in this "merger, " which I see as an acquisition since we are expected to submit our personal information to iMedX.  I really feel betrayed.  I am out of here.  Nobody owns me!!! ...

Possible Cooperatively-Owned MTSO
Jan 09, 2013

What if a bunch of us extremely experienced, practically-out-of-work-at-the-present-time transcriptionists created our own MTSO, cooperatively owned by all of us, and DONE RIGHT? Just an idea. No need to be greedy, emphasis on keeping that sensitive information at home, and, most of all, quality and accuracy. We are all looking bad these days because MT pays NOTHING any more, so the positions are filled by people who have no idea what they're doing. It just isn't right. I am just havi ...

MModal-owned Computers
Nov 23, 2013

What happens in April 2014 when Microsoft ends their support of XP? Will MModal send us a new computer? ...

Is Focus Infomatics Indian Owned?
Jun 13, 2011

nm ...

American Owned MT Companys?? Any Left??
Oct 27, 2011

Does anyone have a list of American owned MT companys??...or have all of them gone to connections with India.  I would like to work for an American Owned Company---any suggestions??? ...

This Board Is Owned And Registered In Pakistan?
Aug 20, 2013

I just followed some post on this board to a woman who has a medical transcription blog.  She has followed the domains all the way back to 2002 and claims that this board is now owned and registered to someone in Pakistan and she has copies of the documents showing it right there on the site.  Very interesting.  Link below http://www.mtexchange.com/medical-transcription-exchange/who-owns-mtstars-com/ ...

Medquist Is Owned By CBay, Based In India
Oct 28, 2009

Well this explains why all our work is disappearing to India.  Medquist sold out to CBay, which operates out of India.  Anyone know of any USA companies that are hiring?  This is just outrageous and disgusting.  http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=103x365279 ...

Best Equipment/Software For Independently Owned MT Business
May 09, 2012

I have an opportunity to do transcription independently for a physician.  Does anyone know what the best equipment and software would be to do this?  I've always worked for a company and have no clue where to begin.  Thanks! ...

EMR - My Personal Experience
Nov 02, 2009

I have been an IC for past 13 years with all local physician office accounts. As of July this year, I now have only one left due to the use of the EMR. While those of you are saying that EMR will not phase out transcriptionist..well that may be so, but in my experience it has already phased me out. The doctors have sent absolutely no further dictation since they began using this and they told me they do not plan to. So, I am now out of a job that I really depended on. Just giving my perspective. ...

My Own Personal Survey
Feb 07, 2012

I was just watching the news, and the all the job openings with average annual income. What I would like to know is this: Is any MT at MM or any other MTSO able to make a living wage? Please be honest. I for one am not evening breaking $1000 a month anymore, and at one time I was able to make at least $36,000 a year. Thanks ...

My Personal Best Links For MT
Oct 13, 2012

LAB VALUES:   http://musom.marshall.edu/usmle/usmlelabvalues.htm CHEMO DRUGS:  http://chemocare.com/chemotherapy/drug-info/default.aspx NATIONAL PROVIDER SEARCH: http://nynpi.com/ DRUGS: https://online.epocrates.com/  (type your drug in the box. No need to register) BACTERIA:  http://www.thegreatdictator.com/bacteria/ GENERAL MEDICAL REFERENCE:  http://www.fpnotebook.com/index.htm AIDS MEDS: http://www.aidsmeds.com/list.shtml I hope this helps ...

Personal Email
Aug 15, 2014

I'm just warning everybody that I received a "sales ad" for some pharmaceuticals in my personal email, with a return email address that specifically stated it was through [MTStars]****@****. so someone got my personal email address from this board, from someone on HERE, and not just by responding to a post, and sent me a link to selling medications. I never respond to any posting here through email, so no one has access to my email address except MTStars themselves. I did report it to MT ...

Personal Study Area
Dec 23, 2011

I am getting ready to enroll this week with Andrews for medical coding, and am really looking forward to this new challenge and learning opportunity!!  After 30 years as a state employee, I'm actually switching careers. With that being said, I was just interested to find out "where" people like to study in their homes when studying 4-5 hours a night and working assignments.  Do you sit at a desk with the computer in front of you, or do you use the dining room table, a comfortable ...

Even With My Issues I Have Going On In My Personal Life
Sep 12, 2012

I am still getting out of this biz and going back to school.  I have panic with agoraphobia, but I cannot keep waiting for my SSI to be approved.  I have already been denied once.  The therapist I am seeing gave me hope and for that I am very thankful!  I found out I can go to a 2-year school and have my bills taken care of.  Thank God for that! ...

Charging On Personal Accts
May 29, 2013

Okay, I am still a bit confused.  I admit I have been spoiled by being an IC for years.  I have a chance to pick up a couple of side accounts, but after talking to them they just think they can dictate into something at my home and I will magically be able to hear their dictation. I am totally not well versed with all these computer programs.  Can someone explain to me whether it would be worth getting some kind of program to be able to do this?  It seems costly to be able to ...

No Matter What Your Personal Feelings Are
Mar 11, 2014

Okay you hate MM and you think this is just another trick they are pulling.  Then don't apply for the coding training.  But please do not discourage other people from going for it.  This could turn out to be a great opportunity for them. ...

So What Happens If You Have A Personal/family Emergency ..... Sm
Jul 08, 2014

and have to take time off at the last minute? And have no PTO time? Will I be fired? ...

Has Anyone Refused To Put LANDesk On Their Personal PC & What
Oct 11, 2014

x ...

Personal Stand: MT And ME Line Rates (sm)
Nov 09, 2009

I have decided I will not accept any MT transcription rates lower than 9 cpl (in an employee position) or 11 cpl (in an IC position).  For medical editing, I'm not going to work for lower than 50% of the transcription rate.  For me, it will just not be worth it to do it for less.  I am willing to go work inhouse and even do other work rather than to accept line rates lower than this.  I see one keeps putting up the same ad with 8 cpl for MT work and 3 cpl for editing a ...

I WANT MY PERSONAL HIPAA INFO PUBLIC
Aug 23, 2012

When is it that our private information is so sacred.  How about posting online all my ailments.  Does it really matter?  Is it not coincidental that AAMT in their day, and others wanting $$, happened to push HIPAA through at a time when no one really cared?  It is a scam, just a department builder of jobs.  When is it that our ailments are so secret?  ...

Personal Request To Those Needing Word Help...
Nov 11, 2012

I understand you're worried about posting too much information, and that's a good thing, but we really do need a little more information than simply the s/l word/term you're having trouble with. If you feel comfortable giving the sentence, that's great.  If not, then maybe some context like whether the term is an instrument, a body part, a medication, or a disease, the report type (H&P, op, etc.) , what part of the body it's pertaining to, whethe ...

Personal Accounts And Amount To Charge?
May 27, 2013

Just wondering......I am an IC right now, but I have the opportunity to pick up some extra work from my own personal physician.  He was asking if I could type some of his more complicated PFT reports that he does not want to do on the EMR program they have.  I have not done any personal account work for a very very long time.  Back when I had accounts....we would go pick up the cassette, print out the stuff and take it back.  I was wondering if anyone out there has any person ...

My Personal Favorite Is The One That Starts Sure Don't Mean To Scare You
Sep 24, 2014

No conscience, this LG, hired to slash, and slash she is good at! l shudder to recount all the I.D. numbers I've seen come and go from her matrices. If you were just switched to one of her accounts, beware, there is only one reason for that! She is on the AB (COM) team last I knew.  ...