A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is Focus Infomatics Indian owned? - Made in America

Posted: Jun 13, 2011

nm

Made in America - re Focus - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
You betcha it's Indian-owned.

Focus - Nuance

[ In Reply To ..]
Focus Infomatics is a subsidiary? of Nuance. MTSO Websites that hire U.S.-based transcriptionists only are transparent about this on their Websites. Check out Nuance's Website. Nuance owns the eScription software. I do see "Nuance Transcription Services India Pvt. Ltd."

Focus - ogd

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes it is Indian owed, but although I understand the posts about offshoring, this has been one of the best places I have ever worked with. Communication is wonderful, both with my Team Lead and the office personnel handing benefits, etc. I realize the some people are going to complain about Focus, but there are people happy and unhappy at any company. IMO a lot of MTSOs wholey owned by US companies are rude to their employees, unavailable, and do not provide adequate and ongoing assistance and training to their MTs. I have NEVER had that problem here. Their SR pay is better than most, at least for me and the work is pretty steady except for those few times when work is scarce during the year for everyone. Just food for thought.

The only food for thought I need - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
is that I am an American and I will not support offshoring. I will not support it by working for companies who do it (no matter how good their pay is or the conditions or). It is a matter of personal principle for me. AMERICAN JOBS FOR AMERICAN WORKERS!

Amen and Amen! - NCMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Well said! Thank you for taking a stand for American jobs and American companies!
Focus/Nuance offshoring, games as we suffer here also. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Focus I have seen shares a LOT of accounts with the service I work for. Funny that I get all the ESLs. Heard that these companies HAVE to send all the easy work overseas because they cannot understand. I know this because I also worked with an East Indian and she told me it was just as hard for her! Maybe it would be different if they spoke their native tongue...who knows, maybe Nuance has a program that changes it into their native tongue from English. Good that someone finds a good fit for these companies. Let's see how long the honeymoon lasts.

Focus - ogd

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree that offshoring should be stopped; however, I have to pay my bills. Until the US companies begin to provide enough work and and better environments to work in, I will be staying here. I have been here 3 years and I have been treated like complete S*** by US MTSOs. This job is stressful enough on an MT without the constant nastiness and complete lack of communication. I wish the US MTSOs would get a grip in the way they treat their workers. I have not found that I get all the crap dictation at all and never have.

What's the pay like at Focus? - annon

[ In Reply To ..]
Just curious.

I think it is 7cents a line and 3 for VR. But a gauess from 3 years ago. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
They paid lower because they are so used to paying offshore rates. Heard that the offshore pays 2 to 3 cents for traditional. This also was years ago...like in the 1990s! It has gone down here so what has it done there? VR was just starting here. Who came up with the 4 cents for VR? So what do the 3rd world countries make then? 1 cent?

8 cpl typing, 4 cpl VR - Former Focus

[ In Reply To ..]
They'll tell you that at least 50% of your work will be VR, but they really mean 99%. What they DON'T tell you is that their speech engine is so poorly managed and their training of their MTs is so poorly done that the drafts that come out of the engine are maybe 70% accurate. Massive amounts of corrections need to be done. I worked for them for about 2 months last year and made minimum wage. I'm still trying to climb out of the financial rabbit hole that sent me into.

Focus - seriously

[ In Reply To ..]
Focus Infomatics no longer exists - Google it and you will find it is now Nuance - who also "owns" Dragon - which is state-of-the-art voice recognition software - they are based in the US. Do they offshore? I would bet you money they do - have worked for them 3 times - never again. Of course I said that the second time also... but seriously - never again.....

Similar Messages:

Being Owned By An Indian Company
Mar 17, 2013

After reading about that poor Swiss woman who was vacationing in India with her husband and being gang raped by 8 men, does anyone else's skin crawl just knowing we work for a company owned by India and their total disregard for women ?? ...

Know About Focus Infomatics?
Nov 13, 2009

What do you fine folks know about Focus Infomatics (sp)?  What kind of platform?  Thanks everyone in advance.  ...

Any Focus/Infomatics QC Out There
Nov 21, 2009

Anyone out there who is working as a QC for Focus Infomatics and making a decent living?  I'm newish to this position and am struggling to make a buck.  I need some comfirmation I made a good move.  So far, not so good and I'm hoping I get into a better groove quick enough to move and make some decent money.  Any success stories very much appreciated! ...

Anyone Know Anything About Focus Infomatics?
May 04, 2010

I received an e-mail today from a recruiter at Focus Infomatics.  I applied there last year and didn't meet their experience criteria but the e-mail asked me to send them an updated resume to see if I do now (and I do).  I currently work for MQ and quite frankly, I could take it or leave it.  I've not been impressed by MQ but I don't see a reason to leave a job I'm not fond of for another job I may like even less.  Any info about them would be greatly ...

Focus Infomatics...sm
Jun 14, 2010

I see only one fairly recent post on Focus Infomatics and the responder just said "Indian owned company, I believe."  Does anyone out there know for sure?  Does anyone out there work for this company and, if yes, would you recommend them?  IThanks! ...

Inscribe And Focus Infomatics
Oct 24, 2009

Any feedback on these two companies?  Much appreciated.  Thanks ...

Focus Infomatics - Anything About Their Platform?
Dec 07, 2009

I looked through the archives but couldn't find anything about their platform.   I did speak with their recruiter and YOU HAVE to have a 32-bit operating system, XP or Vista, and Windows 7 is not compatible.  I'm pretty sure that when I looked at these guys about a year ago now, they set you their computer like many of the national companies do.  Also, does it seem like more employers are looking for MTs.  I haven't been on this site for a while but I think it was in Octobe ...

Focus Infomatics - Can Anyone Tell Me About This Company?
Jan 08, 2010

Can anyone tell me about this company?  ...

Is Focus Infomatics Really US-based Now?
Jan 29, 2010

A former manager of mine from "brand X MTSO" (in reality, a very dear friend now) got thrown under the bus.  She knows how "QBay" does.  She is considering an MT or QA job for Focus Infomatics.  Focus claims to not offshore, and has offered my friend 8 cpl.  That sounds terribly lame wage wise for all that experience. When I couldn't drink the MQ Kool-Aid anymore, I was making a whopping 9 cpl.  Of course, try doing the math on that formula come payday.   Jus ...

Focus Infomatics Pay Schedule
Feb 13, 2010

Can someone tell me the pay schedule for Focus?  Is it direct deposit?    For example: work from the 1st - 15th paid on the 25th and 16th through end of month on the 10th via direct deposit ...

Focus Infomatics :: Anybody Currently Working For Them
Mar 17, 2010

reading the past posts on this company do not look good...i just spoke with a "recruiter' and, of course, they made it sound good...anybody currently working for them...is it as bad as I've read??? ...

Anyone Work For Focus Infomatics?...sm
Mar 21, 2010

and has been there long enough to be eligible for benefits?  I just took a job with them.  I will be able to get insurance in 90 days.  They give me a price.  It is $217 every pay period (2 weeks) for family coverage.  That is Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance with a $2500 deducitble.  What I was wondering... is there a copay on Dr visits or do you have to meet the deductible first?  I believe she said you pay copay on prescriptions.  Also does anyone have ...

Question About Pay At Focus Infomatics
Sep 08, 2010

Hi. I have a question about pay at Focus that hopefully someone can answer.  Transcription is paid at 8 cents per line and editing at 3 or 4 cents a line. My question is about voice recognition because that is what most of my jobs are. Is that considered editing as far as pay rate or still transcription?  Thanks in advance! ...

FOCUS INFOMATICS--QUESTION
Sep 14, 2010

I'm wondering if there is enough work available to make it possible to produce enough lines to qualify for benefits, by working the set schedule, without flexing hours.  Anyone out there working for FI and doing great, loving it?  TIA. ...

Focus Nuance Infomatics
Jan 18, 2011

Can anyone give information on Focus.  I would love to hear from someone on their experiences with Focus?  I see old postings on this, but nothing as of recent.  Thanks for your help! ...

Focus Infomatics :: Can You Make Any Money On Cpl?
Jan 26, 2010

I was offered a job as QA for Focus at 4 cpl.  Can you make any money on cpl?  I have always worked QA on an hourly wage.  Thanks for any response. ...

Info On Working For Focus Infomatics?
Aug 03, 2010

Anyone have any info on working for Focus Infomatics they will share? Tks! ...

Current Information On Focus Infomatics
Aug 11, 2010

Just wanted current information on Focus infomatics.  I think we all know the transcription business is overall heading in a horrible direction with the outsourcing and getting paid less for SR, so that is understood.  I just want to make there is work, how the platform is, Escription, and how the technical assistance is, as I have to supply own computer.  Thanks for the information.  If anyone could tell me if it is like MQ, worse, better, that would help a lot.  Thanks. ...

Focus Infomatics :: Got Hired And Already No Work
Oct 07, 2010

Just got hired and already no work.  Is this par for the course?? ...

Any Positive Feedback On Focus Infomatics/Nuance?
Jun 30, 2010

Anyone work for Focus Infomtics in QA?  Been offered a job with them but have not accepted yet.  Thanks for any feedback. ...

Focus Infomatics :: Firsthand Experience With Or Knowledge?
Jun 06, 2010

Does anyone have firsthand experience with or knowledge about this company - good or bad? ...

What Focus Infomatics Pays For Transcription Versus Editing?
Nov 02, 2009

Does anyone know what Focus Infomatics pays for transcription versus editing? ...

Is DSG Owned By MQ?
Jan 07, 2011

Is DSG owned by MQ? New employee, thought I was leaving the Q... DSG uses DocQScribe, and I notice when I log in it still says MQ. Also if there are problems with DQS, we are told to contact MQ? How is it that DSG has MQ work when MQ MT's are out of work? ...

How Long Has MQ Been OS Owned?
Dec 23, 2010

x ...

Owned By TransTech
Mar 07, 2014

Obviously we highly-skilled MTs were used as collateral in this "merger, " which I see as an acquisition since we are expected to submit our personal information to iMedX.  I really feel betrayed.  I am out of here.  Nobody owns me!!! ...

Possible Cooperatively-Owned MTSO
Jan 09, 2013

What if a bunch of us extremely experienced, practically-out-of-work-at-the-present-time transcriptionists created our own MTSO, cooperatively owned by all of us, and DONE RIGHT? Just an idea. No need to be greedy, emphasis on keeping that sensitive information at home, and, most of all, quality and accuracy. We are all looking bad these days because MT pays NOTHING any more, so the positions are filled by people who have no idea what they're doing. It just isn't right. I am just havi ...

MModal-owned Computers
Nov 23, 2013

What happens in April 2014 when Microsoft ends their support of XP? Will MModal send us a new computer? ...

OSI Transcription Is Owned By Another Company
Dec 20, 2013

Can someone tell me if OSI Transcription is owned by another company (Like Nuance or Precyse)  or are they on their own?  Any info on this company?? ...

American Owned MT Companys?? Any Left??
Oct 27, 2011

Does anyone have a list of American owned MT companys??...or have all of them gone to connections with India.  I would like to work for an American Owned Company---any suggestions??? ...

This Board Is Owned And Registered In Pakistan?
Aug 20, 2013

I just followed some post on this board to a woman who has a medical transcription blog.  She has followed the domains all the way back to 2002 and claims that this board is now owned and registered to someone in Pakistan and she has copies of the documents showing it right there on the site.  Very interesting.  Link below http://www.mtexchange.com/medical-transcription-exchange/who-owns-mtstars-com/ ...