A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MModal-owned computers - with XP

Posted: Nov 23, 2013

What happens in April 2014 when Microsoft ends their support of XP? Will MModal send us a new computer? Undecided

not sure why you need Microsoft support... - confused

[ In Reply To ..]

Security updates, patches, etc - MS will stop all that in 2014

[ In Reply To ..]
Microsoft will stop all security patches and upgrades, etc which will make any XP computer more vulnerable to attack. That's what they mean by Microsoft support.

XP? MM computer? - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
When they were getting ready to roll out Fluency 7, they sent out computers with Win 7. I think Fluency runs faster on Win 7.

They sent me XP, not Windows 7 - BH

[ In Reply To ..]
After we downloaded Fluency, my XP didn't seem to have enough RAM, so they sent me a new computer. Guess what it was? It was XP, not Windows 7.

my new computer should come tomorrow or Tuesday - i will let you know what they send me

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

MModal Computers And More Than One
Oct 30, 2012

Does anyone know if it is possible to get 2 Mmodal computers?  I live with my youngest son and my oldest would like me to stay with him half the week- just wondering if I could have an Mmodal computer at 2 different locations.  ...

Did Everyone Here Upgrade Their Computers From XP For MModal Or What
Mar 26, 2014

about overseas.  Just curious since Microsoft will not support XP after next week.  Are we then noncompliant for HIPAA. ...

Anybody Offer To Just Buy Mmodal Computers From Them
Aug 21, 2014

I mean the one I'm using is at least 5 years old...how much could it be worth to them?  ...

Question On MModal Supplied Computers
Jun 19, 2013

computer for years.  I had a Windows 7 which quit running and they sent me an old XP from Cornerstone (I work on Fluency) that is about useless.  My question is, did everybody who had company-owned get upgraded to Windows 7 or are some of you still on XP? I wanted to know before I call and gripe to "Phil" TIA ...

Is DSG Owned By MQ?
Jan 07, 2011

Is DSG owned by MQ? New employee, thought I was leaving the Q... DSG uses DocQScribe, and I notice when I log in it still says MQ. Also if there are problems with DQS, we are told to contact MQ? How is it that DSG has MQ work when MQ MT's are out of work? ...

How Long Has MQ Been OS Owned?
Dec 23, 2010

x ...

Owned By TransTech
Mar 07, 2014

Obviously we highly-skilled MTs were used as collateral in this "merger, " which I see as an acquisition since we are expected to submit our personal information to iMedX.  I really feel betrayed.  I am out of here.  Nobody owns me!!! ...

Possible Cooperatively-Owned MTSO
Jan 09, 2013

What if a bunch of us extremely experienced, practically-out-of-work-at-the-present-time transcriptionists created our own MTSO, cooperatively owned by all of us, and DONE RIGHT? Just an idea. No need to be greedy, emphasis on keeping that sensitive information at home, and, most of all, quality and accuracy. We are all looking bad these days because MT pays NOTHING any more, so the positions are filled by people who have no idea what they're doing. It just isn't right. I am just havi ...

Being Owned By An Indian Company
Mar 17, 2013

After reading about that poor Swiss woman who was vacationing in India with her husband and being gang raped by 8 men, does anyone else's skin crawl just knowing we work for a company owned by India and their total disregard for women ?? ...

OSI Transcription Is Owned By Another Company
Dec 20, 2013

Can someone tell me if OSI Transcription is owned by another company (Like Nuance or Precyse)  or are they on their own?  Any info on this company?? ...

Is Focus Infomatics Indian Owned?
Jun 13, 2011

nm ...

American Owned MT Companys?? Any Left??
Oct 27, 2011

Does anyone have a list of American owned MT companys??...or have all of them gone to connections with India.  I would like to work for an American Owned Company---any suggestions??? ...

This Board Is Owned And Registered In Pakistan?
Aug 20, 2013

I just followed some post on this board to a woman who has a medical transcription blog.  She has followed the domains all the way back to 2002 and claims that this board is now owned and registered to someone in Pakistan and she has copies of the documents showing it right there on the site.  Very interesting.  Link below http://www.mtexchange.com/medical-transcription-exchange/who-owns-mtstars-com/ ...

Medquist Is Owned By CBay, Based In India
Oct 28, 2009

Well this explains why all our work is disappearing to India.  Medquist sold out to CBay, which operates out of India.  Anyone know of any USA companies that are hiring?  This is just outrageous and disgusting.  http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=103x365279 ...

Best Equipment/Software For Independently Owned MT Business
May 09, 2012

I have an opportunity to do transcription independently for a physician.  Does anyone know what the best equipment and software would be to do this?  I've always worked for a company and have no clue where to begin.  Thanks! ...

Poll: Is Your Work PC Your Own Personal PC Or Company-owned?
Jul 17, 2012

Click Like for yes, it is company-owned (and covered if it crashes, i.e., money does not have to come out of your pocket)   Click Dislike for no, it is your own personal PC (and not covered if it crashes, you get no money to cover it and have to shell out $500 for a new PC). ...

? Re Computers
Mar 17, 2011

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could assist me in a little project I'm working on.  I'm compiling a list for someone of the companies that provide you with a computer for doing transcription on. Not asking anybody to do the work for me, but if you would like to share the name of a company who does this, I'd appreciate the info. Thanks and have a great day.     ...

MQ And New Computers
Oct 10, 2011

Received an email I am to get a faster/more updated computer from MQ.  Are we getting ready to turn over to a new program.  Have not seen anything posted and was just wondering. ...

New Computers
Dec 08, 2011

Has everyone who needs a new computer gotten it yet? ...

Question On Computers
Jun 04, 2010

How many MT's work with more than one computer? ...

Not To Smart With Computers
Jan 08, 2011

Hi all, I purchased a new computer over Christmas with a very large screen due to having poor eyesight.  Everything seems fine until I get into ChartScript, where everything is so very, very small.  It is worse than with my smaller screen.  I have to literally stand up and put my nose to the screen to make sure I have correct patient info in the demographics, etc.  Any suggestions?  Is there something on the screen itself I can adjust, or do you think it is within ChartS ...

Laptop Computers
Feb 06, 2011

Just wondering if anybody who uses their own computer to do MT uses a laptop?  I've had some problems with my computer and now need to take it in for repairs again, and I was considering getting a laptop as a backup so that I would still be able to work while my desk top computer is out of service.  Any advice on what type of laptop to get?  Thanks much. ...

For Those Whose MQ Computers Are Slowed By
Apr 17, 2011

(Moderator - please do not move to tech forum as this is a Medquist problem with Kapersky anti-virus program)   I spent several hours this past week trying to install Kapersky, and it would not install, so I called tech support and ended up escalating the problem to "Systems Administrator."  She called back and remotely went into my MQ computer and installed the program.  While I was on the phone with her, I told her that others were having a problem with Kapersky slowing down ...

For Those Of You Who Use Your Own Computers To Work On........
Apr 30, 2011

How do you go about this?  Do you have to call tech and get permission?  Or just download DQS, etc?  I was hoping to use my own computer, which is a much more powerful computer than this outdate POS I have from MQ; I think it's the reason I have so many probs in DQS--the worst being the lag in typing....I have to constantly wait for what I have typed to "catch up" with me.......so annoying.  Not to mention takes forever to upload a job, etc. But wondering if we are tec ...

New Computers Mentioned Below
Oct 21, 2011

Are these laptops? ...

I Am So Sick Of Computers!
Oct 27, 2011

I know all the techies out there will say I must "get with the times", but I absolutely hate computers!  It isn't enough that you have to learn a new platform for each and every company you work for, but they think you should know all the regular "computer stuff" as well.  I don't use my computer for anything except work, email, and to look things up because I don't want to-- but everybody expects you to be a computer expert today, like it or not.  If they didn' ...

Fiesa And XP Computers, Etc
Apr 04, 2014

Everyone acts like it's all something new not to be provided a computer.  As a former recruiter, let me tell you that 98% of equipment sent out was not returned and this very expensive for any company.  It's not Nuance's fault XP will no longer be protected.  There is no reason to go in debt for a new computer when you can easily buy one for less than 200, and remember it's all tax deductible and they have the loan plan if you meet the qualifications. Fiesa is ...

For Those Of You With Computers Provided By Your Company SM
Nov 02, 2009

Hi there - i work for a hospital but we were sent home to type 1 year ago. Now my Norton's antivirus is up I was just told by the director of our department that I have to pay for the subscription myself ($45!) and then be reimbursed by the hospital....is this the way it is done?  Seems to me it is a little iffy - just wanted some opinions....thanks! ...

Which Companies Provide Computers?
Nov 17, 2009

Does anyone know what companies provide computers?  Thanks so much. ...

Computers Reading X-rays Now?
Apr 02, 2010

I have a friend who lead MT at a radiology group and she tells me that they are using software that reads parts of an x-ray. It can detect where the calcifications are. I wonder if the radiologists are thinking they may out of a job just like us someday. ...