A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

This board is owned and registered in Pakistan? - Wondering.

Posted: Aug 20, 2013

I just followed some post on this board to a woman who has a medical transcription blog.  She has followed the domains all the way back to 2002 and claims that this board is now owned and registered to someone in Pakistan and she has copies of the documents showing it right there on the site.  Very interesting.  Link below

http://www.mtexchange.com/medical-transcription-exchange/who-owns-mtstars-com/

It has been for some time. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

There was a lot behind - the story in the beginning

[ In Reply To ..]
The person in Pakistan was the "rightful" owner, not the person here in the states that was managing it. There was some dispute, and he took ownership back. It rightfully was his all along. Court proceedings confirmed. So do not jump to conclusions until you know all of the facts. Dig deeper and you will see. Even though owner may be in Pakistan now, he was not at that time. My thoughts are sympathetic to the actual "owner," no matter where he resides. Thieves never prosper for long.

Pakistan is....... - Wondering

[ In Reply To ..]
Pakistan is Pakistan. If we are all so against outsourcing, then why are we all using a board owned and operated by the same people taking our jobs from us?

Kind of - ironic,

[ In Reply To ..]
isn't it?

Pakistan is Pakistan? that's bigotry. He is not taking jobs from us - he is giving us something, i.e., this site

[ In Reply To ..]
He has absolutely NOTHING to do with our work beilng offshored, in fact he is not in transcription, he works in computers and built MTStars. Your MTSO is responsible for you losing work - the Great White American MTSOs.

Here's another fact, he hires American moderators and does not allow foreign MT'S or companys to post and/or advertise here - but how DARE he, right? after all he's from Pakistan.

Umm, he has done his fair share of transcription, don't be fooled. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
He's first a dentist, transcriptionist and amateur computer programmer. Clearly, you're a suck up to offshore, whatever, I really don't care about that, but you need to know your facts before you go spoutin off. Just FYI.
He does not own a transcription company that solicits our - work as in no connection for us losing it. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
he's not to blame just by color/blood. Bogotry is bigotry and I'm not jumping on the hate wagon...go ahead and boycot this board if it bothers you that much. Fine with me, it's still a free country.
This isn't about bigotry, it's about a Pakistani man who out and out stole - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
this domain from an American woman and in a sneaky, underhanded way. If you look back at old posts, you will see that this site used to be fun without so much hate. LONG GONE are those days. I was around when everything happened and I have been a good friend of the former owner for many, many years. It's funny how some people here are still stuck in a time warp. Good for the OP who came across that post on MT Exchange. Now she knows this site isn't American owned. She also now knows some other factoids the MT Exchange blogger didn't know.
If it isn't bigotry why do we continue to mention 'Pakistani' - as if it is such a salient attribute?
[ In Reply To ..]
It seems to be so important that 'Pakistani' must be included in reference to and definition of this person.

Sorry, but many of the above comments just look like textbook examples of prejudice and bigotry.
Thank you! It's mentioned in practically - every post. nm.
[ In Reply To ..]
you cannot steal something - that out and outright
[ In Reply To ..]
belongs to you. He built it...she did not. she was just running it. he took it back. He's an American citizen. She tried to fight the take over with lawyers and such. Obviously she had no leg to stand on or it would have gone to court. It didn't. He had the rights to the site. she didn't.
Ummm, no that is not what happened. He is not an American - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
citizen at all. He built it but needed money and sold it to the former owner. She did not fight it because it would have cost so much in attorneys fees to do so. Would you as an MT have had $15K to spend on an attorney? No, you wouldn't. You don't have the facts and you're making stuff up.
He didn't steal anything - Bobbi
[ In Reply To ..]
If anything, he cleaned up the board and made it more professional.
You people are upset for no other reason than a Pakistan owns - this site.
[ In Reply To ..]

that is how it started and now after a little research, these people using this 'he underhanded stole it' to justify it. By the way, who stole this site is still a matter of he says/she says - hmmm, wonder why it never got to court....

As for less fighting, less negativism, surely you don't credit [American lady prior moderator] for that - those were better times in hte profession. You know, days of beging paid and not belittled by MTSOs, etc. I remember 2004 as well.
FYI, it never went to court because the owner was a - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
transcriptionist and didn't have the 15 grand needed to hire an internet attorney. I called the former owner last night and let her know what was going on here. She's flabbergasted that people are still even talking about this.
Well, you hardly let the situation die by calling - the former owner.
[ In Reply To ..]
I think she had a right to know and this is America, last I knew - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
it's a free country.
Wow, great response. "It's a free country." - Can I use that one?
[ In Reply To ..]
Knock yourself out, chickie! You're beating a dead horse though. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
/
You know what gets my engine running? Sarcastic - terms of enderament
[ In Reply To ..]
from strangers on an internet board. Sock it to me, baby!
Tired of seeing this stuff. (SM) - Teetering n reeling
[ In Reply To ..]
You can take your Pakistani suck up attitude and stick it where the sun doesn't shine in my opinion. I work for an MTSO that supports the American worker and refuses to outsource overseas. Thanks to outsourcing, voice recognition and electronic medical records, the American MT is out of work. And, a BIG part of that is due to companies sending work overseas. I don't care if you comment or not, I'm not responding, but I felt I had to speak my mind.
Must be raining in - Bigotryville. :(
[ In Reply To ..]
I'd be grumpy, too, if I were angry at the WRONG PEOPLE for jobs going down the toilet in this industry.

It's hardly Pakistan's fault that AMERICAN companies are outsourcing jobs. Be mad at the AMERICANS that are doing this to our industry. They're the ones sending. the. jobs. away.

Bigotry is so ugly.
Oh WHAT EVER! Call it bigotry if you want. Let's not - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
forget that Pakistani's want to KILL westerners.
Oh, honey...good luck to you with that. - Hope you survive. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
May your next 'American citizen' doctor lay his Pakistan-born hands all over your body.
(it is bigotry) - textbook
[ In Reply To ..]
Pakistanis want to kill.
Prochoice women are sluts.
Italians are mobsters.

When one makes sweeping statements about a group, it is textbook bigotry.
Oh sheesh, READ THE FREAKIN KORAN and get educated for yourself! - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
/
well, were you not the one bellyaching about its longevity? - other poster meant you are not helping it die. ano
[ In Reply To ..]
Get used to it - these two clowns made history with their public piece-of-crap laugh. Come to think of it, he only posted once (his side of story) and SHE kept posting about it, getting everyone in a tizzy with her and tehn the fights began amongst the MTs...

charming.

She immediately opened a new site - lasted couple of years - what happened to that? why did it fail ?
[ In Reply To ..]
just curious why this one remained on top between the two.

Perhaps advertisers were the jury ultimately.
Because this one is anonymous - You had to use an ID on her
[ In Reply To ..]
site. Easier to be nasty and hateful when you're anonymous. Sad but true.
ridiculous. what would that matter? I posted on both. - not good enough answer. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
Any one of us could have used real ID and been nice there, and nasty here anonamously if we felt belittled or attacked. I'm on several boards now anonamously.

Gawww-ly, Andie - think the advertisers had anything to do with it? err, the lack of?
If I remember right back then - if you followed her to
[ In Reply To ..]
her new site and tried to post on his site at all at that time, you were immediately "BANNED" from his site, forever. I also believe SHE lost a lot of support in advertising and could not support a website without it. The advertisers saw what was going on and did not want to be involved on either side.
Oh please, that's not even true. I was there right along - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
with whoever you are. You must be one of the old trolls that's still trolling here.
and if I used an ID there and anon here, how would anyone know and ban - me from here? Oh right, her daugher
[ In Reply To ..]
was a Stars moderator - so what did S do? compare all IP addresses from her board with her daughter on this board, and then have her daughter ban people? You did say banned forever from HIS site, right? She has no right to do that (AS IN FREE COUNTRY Darlin'). Hmmm what's the definition of vendictive? Sneaky?

If you meant banned from HER board for being a member here - HOW WOULD SHE KNOW when we are anonamous? Unless compariong her list of names and IP address with IP addresses off any given post on Stars through the kid.

REAL LEGAL/ETHICAL. You said a mouthfull with that banned forever statement - and any benefit of the doubt I gaver her back then has been stomped out.

As for being banned forever - are you not aware, as we all were both then and now, you cannot ban someone forever when it takes 1.5 minutes to change your IP address (how they ban you) and your email registration to get right back on, right?

Agree about the advertisers, but never saw a drop in job ads, so they must have stuck with the majority of MTs here which is simply good business.
I never said SHE banned - I said HE banned
[ In Reply To ..]
because people from HER site were going on HIS "legitimate" site and harassing him, so he banned them, which I would have done as well. I don't care about IP addresses or anything like that. I remember people being banned from his site that were supportive of her and bashing him to no end on his site. She had no lily white hands in this whole mess at all... she instigated it...she lost and whined about it publicly. I know she still has her supporters and I could care less about that. She was doing something illegal and got caught with her pants down. If she had been as much of an angel in the whole thing as she professed herself to be, she would have ended up getting the site back and she did not...so...he won. she lost. banned forever!
so not true - again - how would he know they were from her site - w/o comparing IPs. done with you.
[ In Reply To ..]
you really cannot diffuse this and you keep getting in deeper.
Oh wow, now you're grasping. Her daughter was like 10 years old - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
when she had this site. She had one moderator besides me and that was it. Both of us were MTs. I know a couple of people who were banned and rightly so. The only advertisers who were on this site were MTSOs. Big deal. Let's not forget that there were also a lot of giveaways that she did every year during MT week, Thanksgiving, Christmas that other sites didn't bother doing. Does anyone remember Santa's Bag, or the annual turkey giveaway? I just think you are someone who had issues with the former owner and are still to this day stuck on it and can't let it go.
check your facts, she worked the board while in college - ah. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
m|m
Ha! You're so far off base. She wasn't even IN college - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
when the domain was stolen. She was a kid. I know because our daughters are the same age! OMG! WHERE do you come up with this made up stuff??
FYI - if she had substantial proof it would only cost her a - retainer for counsel and my guess
[ In Reply To ..]
would be the loser gets be hit with fees including her lawyer once she won. And been there, done that - any lawyer on initial free consultation will let you know up front if there's a chance in hell because they do not want to waste their time, especially knowing you don't have the money to pay up.

Wondering - xxx

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, but this sounds (1) like simplistic reasoning and (2) thinly-disguised racism.

There were no court proceedings at all. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It was not rightfully his all along. Provide proof of such court proceedings. He sold MTStars.com initially to the US owner with a money exchange. There IS proof of that. He was in the US for 5 months and went back home to Pakistan when work stateside was completed. Large sums of money were never owed to him. That is false information. He went through an open port (firewire) in the middle of the night and install keylogger software and sat back and quietly waited until the owner logged into the godaddy account at which time he gained the godaddy username and password and was able to gain entry and change ownership of the domain. Further, with the same keylogger software he was able to log into the email account and delete goDaddy emails removing any trace of the domain ownership change, therefore the owner had no idea what had happened. By the time it became aware when the owner attempted to log into as an admin it was too late. To take legal action would have cost some $15,000 in the US and also another large sum of money for legal representation in Pakistan (both would have been required), so it wasn't worth the expense of pursuing. This is the part that the blogger from MTExchange didn't know and therefore could not include. Funny how this continues to be drudged up from the depths. Seems people would have better things to do with their idle time!

Oh, and I'm not the former owner, but I know the details - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and know for a fact that this is what happened. I live in Arizona and have been friends with her for many years. She's moved on with her life and is happy. Perhaps you should, too! Peace out!

idle time -- I so agree - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Again, from the tone of the original post, it's "the sky is falling." This is OLD news and to drag it up now, and cause another run of paranoia is ridiculous. No, your posts are not being "spied upon" by those in India or Pakistan or whereever. Lately, it just seems that the whole "someone is spying on us attitude" has gotten out of control. Give it a rest people.

Pakistant and MT Stars - need2know

[ In Reply To ..]
Is he an American citizen who lives in Pakistan? Or is he a Pakistani? And I thought "he" was a "she."

This is a she and I have talked with her in - the past

[ In Reply To ..]
personally. She was managing this site when all this blew up. She personally contacted me to try, I guess, to gain support for her endeavors. She then went on to work at another company in New Hampshire, recruiting, know which one but am not saying. The next thing I heard was she was, I think, working for a company perhaps in Arizona or living there, not entirely clear now as it has been some years since all this. She went through H and half of Georgia trying to keep this MTstars as her own.

I have known this person as well for a long time - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
I have known "S" since she ran this board and was supporting her when this whole thing blew up. The whole situation turned out to be rather complicated, but the domain did go back to the person who had originally registered it. "S" and I are friends on Facebook and currently she is totally out of the MT field and living in AZ.
Then you and I have been around here for - quite some time, question
[ In Reply To ..]
for you. How many years ago now was that?
been around for some time - nn
[ In Reply To ..]
Having to jog my "old brain" here but I remember coming to this board starting sometime in the early to mid 2000s, and boy has it changed. I really think that people quite frankly, are making a "mountain out of a molehill" over this whole thing. In reading these posts, I am seeing a LOT of paranoia. If I recall correctly, the person that now owns this board, was helping "S" develop the website, and at the time, registered it under his name, (it could have been done intentionally or on purpose who knows). However, when it came time for "S" to renew the domain name on the site, that's when the poop hit the fan.
really? - NotNewMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I understood S was working for a company in PA, although certainly not the owner. I saw her name on their instant message list.
How do you know she is out of the business and if so, since when" - just wondering. Lost contact NM
[ In Reply To ..]
+

Look at the site..... - worried now

[ In Reply To ..]
Go to the first post and click on the link listed. If you go to almost the bottom of the page there is a picture of the document stating all the facts of who owns this board. There is also an interesting comment below by her about the fact that people just seem to overlook the fact that this board is owned by the same people taking our jobs.

This is a fact that I along with many others - have known for years

[ In Reply To ..]
Not a surprise here.

he has nothing to do with transcription and is taking no jobs. you people are just plain prejudiced. - s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
I bet you'd hate any American minority if you found out there was more of one ethnic group hired over another and cry "they're taking my job."

Would you hate hate hate a Pakistan merchant selling silks because your MTSO offshored to Pakistan? Because this site owner is a computer programmer and has no connection to MTs other than building this site. He is not "taking our jobs" any more than the silk merchant. But lets just place blame on the Pakistany, right? Lets go set fire to the nearest Muslum temple while we're all in a tizzy. How dare they take advantage of a free country and place a temple on OUR soil right? Oh, and don't forget to wear your hoods.

"You people" are shameful for thinking that way. The above statements may be ridiculous, but that's what you look and sound like to me and I've seen this behavior before, but never as off base as this.

Who sought out an proceeded to offshore, huh? YOUR bosses.

Sheesh! Move on already people. Talk about old dead wood being - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
dragged out of the creek and trying to burn it back to life! This topic is so OVERWITH. Offshore ain't goin away, we all know that by now. Who cares about the history of this flippin little website anyway? Really!
This may have been - dead wood
[ In Reply To ..]
back at the time that it happened, but it is obviously very new to the OP who seems to have just discovered this, and felt she was bringing something to the board that would have been a surprise to many. If there are those who still care to discuss it and give the OP an inkling of how this all came about, there is nothing wrong with that. After all, old "dead wood" is brought up on this board every single day, about the past, about the way things use to be, about how we used to be soo much more respected, etc. so don't just wave your dismissing hand at this one. I am sure there are many people on this board who have or had no knowledge of these events. Let them discuss it if they want... YOU don't have to read it. move on, yourself.
Well, if nothing else, everyone here can see - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
that this website is NOT American owned and operated and is being run by a Pakistani. It's a slap in the face to see an American flag on the site when he's making money off of Google ad clicks of hard working American workers. Whatever chickie, do your bidding if you think it really matters a hoot.
do not call - me
[ In Reply To ..]
"chickie!" That is a "slap in the face" to me, as an American, and I highly resent it...and yes, it matters a hoot. Your snarkiness shows your professionalism.
Wow, struck a nerve, eh? You've riddled this entire thread - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
with your holier than thou attitude! I simply posted what I know is true about the man. Too bad you can't handle that.
pppppt. - to you
[ In Reply To ..]
two posts does not a "riddler" make. and you are the holier than thou one. you wouldn't know the truth if it hit you in the face. chickie.
you started snarky and rude name calling, sm. - You can stop now. anon - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
That burns my blood, too. - Condescending and disrespectful. nm.
[ In Reply To ..]
If nothing else - xxx
[ In Reply To ..]
Prejudice much?
yeah, straight from her own mouth and she doesn't get it - shaking my head. anon/s.msg
[ In Reply To ..]
Not sure who she is trying to 'inform' about something that has been going on since 2007 and became the biggest joke from board to board to board to board. You really could not escape it. Dragged on for a long time as someone had a problem letting go and moving on.

Every once in a while, my guess 5 years or so, some youngster to the boards and profession reads about it and it starts. And everytime that happens, it gets worse because of the amount of work OUR AMERICAN MTSOs are taking from us to send across the pond.

They know not what they say...God, I hope so, anyway.
Thank you............ - Wondering
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you....as I am the OP and I never ever knew this. However, I obviously do not frequent this board as much as many of you people do! On the rare occasions that I have been on this board it seems that all anyone ever wants to do is post negative comments or snide remarks. I guess that is why everyone hides behind an alias. I am not a prejudice person whatsoever, but it DOES make a huge difference to me that this board is owned, run, operated and probably manipulated by people who however you want to put it ....are taking our jobs. INDIA is putting me out of a job. Thats all I care about right now. Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion.

My opinion.....some of these posts could just be overseas posts.........just saying.

There you go again - feenixrising
[ In Reply To ..]
Apparently some of us do. Can we count on you???
Hey, I'm just addressing the prejudicial slurs and always will - speak out about that in any situation. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
o|o

Who's laughing now? - feenixrising

[ In Reply To ..]
Someone has really done their homework!
Thank you for your post.

Honey, most of us were around when it happened. - No msg.

[ In Reply To ..]
//

comment from that link - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
USMT says:

Someone posted this link yesterday on the MT Stars Board. Some, including myself, were thankful to see it. One or a few (may have been the same person) replied with statements like “No one cares,” and they were quite nasty about it, jumping down the original posters throat, so to speak. There were a few responses stating that some people do care. The entire string was taken down by this morning. I for one think it’s strange and no coincindence. If there is nothing to hide, why was it taken down. There used to be a forum called “Offshore Concerns.” It is no longer active. I think that anything she doesn’t like, she just takes down without regard to “freedom of speech.” I have stopped using the board. The work sent offshore needs to stay in the US. The owner of the board pretends that is her mission but in fact, nothing could be further from the truth.

(this comment was copied and pasted from the link provided in the OP's post)

Wondering - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
So what? People in Pakistan are allowed to own domain names.

Similar Messages:

Registered MT?
Jun 19, 2014

I'm having a hard time believing the legitimacy of this ad.  I have never bothered to get certified much less "registered."  ...

RHIT Or Registered Nurse
Apr 15, 2012

Just wondering what the majority thinks about these career paths. It seems as though a lot of MTs are moving or considering a move  to the RHIT/RHIA world of especially medical coding. I am assuming that the lure of 'work at home' is pulling many in this direction, and I have actually seen where many are questioning whether medical coders are 'paid per code' or 'paid per case' or what? I asked myself what are these people thinking? Has anyone experienced this, ...

Registered Nurse Wants To Break Into MT Field
Jan 18, 2010

I have been working in this field for many, many years.  When I started, it was a little easier to break into this field.  It was in an era when everyone didn't work at home and every company didn't require 2 years experience.  I figured the newbies on this board would know the answer to my question.  I have a friend who has been an RN for years and would like to break into the MT field.  Being that she has terminology/medical experience, is there any way ...

Is DSG Owned By MQ?
Jan 07, 2011

Is DSG owned by MQ? New employee, thought I was leaving the Q... DSG uses DocQScribe, and I notice when I log in it still says MQ. Also if there are problems with DQS, we are told to contact MQ? How is it that DSG has MQ work when MQ MT's are out of work? ...

How Long Has MQ Been OS Owned?
Dec 23, 2010

x ...

Owned By TransTech
Mar 07, 2014

Obviously we highly-skilled MTs were used as collateral in this "merger, " which I see as an acquisition since we are expected to submit our personal information to iMedX.  I really feel betrayed.  I am out of here.  Nobody owns me!!! ...

Possible Cooperatively-Owned MTSO
Jan 09, 2013

What if a bunch of us extremely experienced, practically-out-of-work-at-the-present-time transcriptionists created our own MTSO, cooperatively owned by all of us, and DONE RIGHT? Just an idea. No need to be greedy, emphasis on keeping that sensitive information at home, and, most of all, quality and accuracy. We are all looking bad these days because MT pays NOTHING any more, so the positions are filled by people who have no idea what they're doing. It just isn't right. I am just havi ...

Being Owned By An Indian Company
Mar 17, 2013

After reading about that poor Swiss woman who was vacationing in India with her husband and being gang raped by 8 men, does anyone else's skin crawl just knowing we work for a company owned by India and their total disregard for women ?? ...

MModal-owned Computers
Nov 23, 2013

What happens in April 2014 when Microsoft ends their support of XP? Will MModal send us a new computer? ...

OSI Transcription Is Owned By Another Company
Dec 20, 2013

Can someone tell me if OSI Transcription is owned by another company (Like Nuance or Precyse)  or are they on their own?  Any info on this company?? ...

Is Focus Infomatics Indian Owned?
Jun 13, 2011

nm ...

American Owned MT Companys?? Any Left??
Oct 27, 2011

Does anyone have a list of American owned MT companys??...or have all of them gone to connections with India.  I would like to work for an American Owned Company---any suggestions??? ...

Medquist Is Owned By CBay, Based In India
Oct 28, 2009

Well this explains why all our work is disappearing to India.  Medquist sold out to CBay, which operates out of India.  Anyone know of any USA companies that are hiring?  This is just outrageous and disgusting.  http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=103x365279 ...

Best Equipment/Software For Independently Owned MT Business
May 09, 2012

I have an opportunity to do transcription independently for a physician.  Does anyone know what the best equipment and software would be to do this?  I've always worked for a company and have no clue where to begin.  Thanks! ...

Poll: Is Your Work PC Your Own Personal PC Or Company-owned?
Jul 17, 2012

Click Like for yes, it is company-owned (and covered if it crashes, i.e., money does not have to come out of your pocket)   Click Dislike for no, it is your own personal PC (and not covered if it crashes, you get no money to cover it and have to shell out $500 for a new PC). ...

Fine, We Will Just Post On The Main Board Or Company Board Then... Nm
Oct 12, 2014

MODERATOR: I See A New Board Offshore, Did You Consider A VR Board?
Oct 13, 2009

nm ...

Capitalization - Is It.. Board Certified Or Board Certified ?
Mar 08, 2011

is it.. Board Certified or board certified ? ...

New Board!
Oct 13, 2009

Sad we have to have a board to address this!  I don't think anything is going to change no matter how much we complain.  Making money is every MTSOS bottom line.....  Transcription services are just following everyone else to India, etc.  ...

What Board?
Nov 17, 2009

I was looking at a board last night, don't remember which one, but it was here.  There was a link to another job board, not MT Jobs.  I need to now what it was.  If anybody knows, please let me know.  Thanks. ...

Key Board
Jan 29, 2012

Has anyone found a decent keyboard to use with the new computer.  I hate this one.  I cannot feel the keys, because they are as flat as a pancake (if not flatter).  I want to go out and buy one, but don't know what would be compatible....another Del keyboard?  Please help. ...

I'm Not Sure If This Is The Right Board, But It Is
Jan 14, 2013

It is so very frustrating!  I type for a wound care clinic, and, of course, a great deal of the patients there are diabetic, as am I.  About a year ago I learned from my diabetic teacher that a local supermarket chain pharmacy offers all diabetic supplies and meds for free, whether you are insured or not.   At least once every couple of weeks I type a note in which the doctor says the patient hasn't been able to afford his/her diabetes medication or insulin, and they seem to ...

Well You Would Think That MTs On This Board
Jan 18, 2014

would appreciate updates of warnings, but I guess not. I will not post here again to warn anyone of anything. Sick of being trolled! ...

I Think TTS Should Have Own Board. Nm
Jun 30, 2014

nm ...

What's Up With This Ad On Another Board For OB
Jan 29, 2015

You see it periodically, OB, radiology, and something else but it's pretty clear the work will be OB.  The test consists of 3 files (getting this from the ad) and you should finish it in less than 2 hours.  3 files?  How long are the files?  So, my real question is (the other two were thiinking out loud), does this ad get run periodically to clear out the backlog or is it really a legit job and why does it come up so often?  It's not the exact same ad everytime ...

HOW DO YOU SEARCH ON THIS BOARD NOW
Oct 16, 2009

How do you search now on this new board?   ...

VR Board- Moderator
Oct 19, 2009

I was able to get to the VR board only once and cannot get back. When I go that particular board nothing comes up now whereas it did at first. ...

How To Do A Search On This Board??
Oct 22, 2009

Hi, I'm still trying to get accustomed to this interface.  I can't find the search feature...? Is it staring me right in the face? Thanks! ...

New MTs Board -- ALL READ
Oct 25, 2009

This particular board, the New MTs board, is devoted to assisting the newcomers to this profession.  It is here as a help, an assistance, a way to advise and mentor newbies.  It is NOT a place to slam, discourage, handslap or pick fights between newbies and experienced MTs.  We are not going to have an ongoing war or scuffles between the experienced MTs and the newbies or vice versa in regard to who should or should not be in this industry, who does a better job, who knows more, ...

This Board Postings
Dec 01, 2009

I have been reading all of the posts especially the ones about grammar.  Maybe I have not finished transcription school or even paid my dues as a seasoned "elder" (I hate that phrase--not being in my 20s myself), but I was one of the 70,000 that was laid off on black Monday back in January 2009.  I was looking for a career that would (I thought) not be hurt by the economy as severely.  I very much appreciate any advice my "more experienced" friends can give.  Even with m ...