A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

no matter what your personal feelings are - do not discourage others from pursuing this

Posted: Mar 11, 2014

Okay you hate MM and you think this is just another trick they are pulling.  Then don't apply for the coding training.  But please do not discourage other people from going for it.  This could turn out to be a great opportunity for them.

I doubt anyone is discouraged. - Great points have been raised

[ In Reply To ..]
This is something that should be given great thought before plunging in.

There are absolutely red flags all over the place. No idea what the pay will be, if you fail there is no guarantee of your old job (and let us get real, people will fail).

On the flip side, it probably will be a great opportunity for those who pass and that coding is a good fit for. Unfortunately, there will be some people who get burned by this. The best course of action is to do some self-reflection and homework to see which category you are likely to fall into.

No it won't. It takes years to learn coding. Do you believe you take some - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
course for six weeks and learn it? This is the most insane thing I've ever heard.

I don't work for MModal any longer. Thankfully I was fired 1 year ago after 20 years and I could not be more grafeful. The place couldn't get more insane if it tried.

If any of you need jobs, apply at Nuance. I would not get involved in coding. You'll be taken for the proverbial ride and I believe you all have been on enough of one as is. Get off it.

now see - there you go

[ In Reply To ..]
all right I'm not saying another word on this topic.

I agree, if someone wants to do this I say - go for it and good luck

[ In Reply To ..]
I have my reasons for not, mostly because I am a short timer. The sooner I get out of here, the better..But for those that have obligations at home, try it. Knowledge can NEVER hurt you. If all you have to do is study and pass a test, then after they train you here, you should be able to pass the test and move on to greener pastures if you want.
Why not speak with someone who is a coder? Find message boards for coders. Get - information.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
an experienced coder has - weighed in here
[ In Reply To ..]
and she's saying this is a great opportunity. And this is a person who usually has nothing good to say about MModal.
Then I wish you luck. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
How do you know this "experienced coder" isn't - an M*M spin-doctor troll?
[ In Reply To ..]
because I've read her posts - on the coding board for months
[ In Reply To ..]
It's obviously the same person, you can tell by the writing style. And I wouldn't blame her if she left here and never came back y'all are giving her such a bad time.
OMG! Am I really that obvious??? - Coder
[ In Reply To ..]
Someone phoned me the other day and said "I know that's you!" Guess she wasn't joking. LOL.
yes and wouldn't you agree you usually - have nothing good to say about MM?
[ In Reply To ..]
aren't you the same one who talks about the MModal Koolaid? So for you to come on here and say this is a good thing, well I think that's saying something.
Oh, no! Not me! - Coder
[ In Reply To ..]
I am sorry to say you are thinking of someone else. Bummer! I was so excited thinking you recognized me, too.

I'm not Koolaid. Rats.
They also do not need a spin doctor troll - to help them
[ In Reply To ..]
They are already going to be swamped with applications from people who smell opportunity rather than the rot in Denmark.

Is that a promise? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
yes because obviously only - negative comments are welcome here nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

You had me, right up until you said Nuance - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked there for 2 years and it was horrific. Much worse than MModal, IMHO.

The QA is 1000 times worse. I prefer Fluency to eScription and make more money. My supervisor at Nuance (4 of them actually) were the absolute worst people on earth. My MModal supervisor is amazing.

Nuance is not the answer!

Okay, sorry I put Nuance. :) - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

You're kidding, right? What about helping - to avert a scam, or other financial disaster?

[ In Reply To ..]
?

maybe you're wrong - consider the possibility

[ In Reply To ..]
that you could possibly be wrong for once in your life. In any case, who made it your job to decide for others?

You seem to be deciding for others. And YOU - are the one who is wrong.

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not deciding for anyone but - myself
[ In Reply To ..]
but you are determined to try to stop anyone who is considering trying this.

I'm with you. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Logic and reason work better for me than the over the top speculation and accusations.

Not sure what "financial disaster" or "scam" the poster is referring to in regards to the coding program. It seems a wee-bit over the top if you ask me.

Similar Messages:

Is It Gray Matter Or Grey Matter Pls
Feb 11, 2015

x ...

Share The Same Feelings?
Feb 17, 2015

I get several audits within the "acceptable" range and a "well done." Now, I get a mid-month audit where I fail the standard. ARGH!!! I hate this constant up and down.  Envy those who are able to achieve 100% and get whopping line counts.  Not happening  for me, however. ...

My Feelings About Remedy Or Remedial
Apr 18, 2012

Another "exciting new program" that doesn't work.  Can't log in and have to spend my time calling support.  No mention of compensation for doing the training.  I have probably sent in one ticket in the last year.  Even if I do the training for Remedial, I am probably going to forget it before I have to use it or they will change it yet again before I have to use it.  So I think I am going to pass.  If the need for it ever comes up and they can't accom ...

Does Anyone Have Good Feelings About The OTI Split?
Sep 27, 2014

d ...

Mixed Feelings On Having To Resign Today. Sm
Sep 23, 2011

It is with much emotion that I had to turn my resignation in today with the Q.  I have been with this company since it was TL back in 1994.  I have seen everything, good and bad to worse.  And yes, there were good times.  I kept the same primary account for the entire time of my tenure here.  Of that I was thankful.   I am very, very ill and lost my medical benefits back in 2002 when my health as well as my DH's became bad.  I have been lucky in the C ...

Any Feelings On ScribeRight MT Job? I Am Considering Applying For An MT Position.
Oct 16, 2012

Has anyone got any ideas about working as an MT for ScribeRight? I see the DMT job is frustrating, but they post help ad for MT? Anyone working or have worked that could shed some light because I am considering applying. ...

Survey - Feelings Be Known Regarding QA/QC And Losing Incentive For 3 Months
Jul 30, 2012

I think everyone should take the survey that was in our e-mail this morning.  Supposedly it is anonymous.  In the last box, I certainly let my feelings be known regarding QA/QC and losing incentive for 3 months based on BS QA/QC scores that are never reversed when challenged.  I know it won't matter but at least they will know how unhappy we are.  There were actually a lot of good questions that pertain to things I have seen discussed on this board.  ...

Getting Out Of MT -- No Matter WHAT!
Feb 26, 2012

My 2-1/2-decade MT career is coming to an end. When I think back on how *HAPPY* I was back in the good ole days (late 80s into late 90s) as an MT and then contrast that with the picture now, it makes me want to cry.  We made GOOD money for someone without a degree, had GOOD benefits, and were at least somewhat appreciated back then.  In retrospect (hindsight is always 20/20), working conditions began going downhill when we became isolated from the physicians (as if we w ...

EMR - My Personal Experience
Nov 02, 2009

I have been an IC for past 13 years with all local physician office accounts. As of July this year, I now have only one left due to the use of the EMR. While those of you are saying that EMR will not phase out transcriptionist..well that may be so, but in my experience it has already phased me out. The doctors have sent absolutely no further dictation since they began using this and they told me they do not plan to. So, I am now out of a job that I really depended on. Just giving my perspective. ...

My Own Personal Survey
Feb 07, 2012

I was just watching the news, and the all the job openings with average annual income. What I would like to know is this: Is any MT at MM or any other MTSO able to make a living wage? Please be honest. I for one am not evening breaking $1000 a month anymore, and at one time I was able to make at least $36,000 a year. Thanks ...

My Personal Best Links For MT
Oct 13, 2012

LAB VALUES:   http://musom.marshall.edu/usmle/usmlelabvalues.htm CHEMO DRUGS:  http://chemocare.com/chemotherapy/drug-info/default.aspx NATIONAL PROVIDER SEARCH: http://nynpi.com/ DRUGS: https://online.epocrates.com/  (type your drug in the box. No need to register) BACTERIA:  http://www.thegreatdictator.com/bacteria/ GENERAL MEDICAL REFERENCE:  http://www.fpnotebook.com/index.htm AIDS MEDS: http://www.aidsmeds.com/list.shtml I hope this helps ...

Personal Email
Aug 15, 2014

I'm just warning everybody that I received a "sales ad" for some pharmaceuticals in my personal email, with a return email address that specifically stated it was through [MTStars]****@****. so someone got my personal email address from this board, from someone on HERE, and not just by responding to a post, and sent me a link to selling medications. I never respond to any posting here through email, so no one has access to my email address except MTStars themselves. I did report it to MT ...

Is This A Legal Matter?
Dec 26, 2009

I was hired full-time by a small company 3 months ago, offered 15.00 hr, just recently demoted because of a complaint of quality (which was very questionable), told they would pay me 5 cpl (woohoo) for production.  Now they are not supplying me with any work, let alone full-time work!  Dont they have an obligation to fire me, lay me off or supply me with work?  How can they do this?  I cant get unemployment if I'm employed, but my employer isnt supplying me with any work ...

Does It Matter If There Are 2 Spaces After A
Sep 08, 2010

this one of those fabulous things that is taken care of on the back-end?  That would save me a few strokes.  ...

Size DOES Matter, LOL!
Oct 03, 2010

"The patient's penis is cucumber sized," courtesy of ASR. Dictated as, "The patient's penis is circumcised."  Good one, ASR...at least I got a giggle out of THAT boo-boo! ...

Hey Vern. If What We Does Matter, Pay Us Like We
May 20, 2013

x ...

No Matter How Hard I Try, I Just Cannot Keep My Lph Up.
Jan 30, 2015

I'm surprised I haven't received performance management yet. I just cannot keep my line count up high enough since going to Fluency 7.6. This is too frustrating. Maybe I should copy a job into Word and see if the line count matches. Although, it could be because the ASR output has been so horrible and I am stopping 3x more to make corrections. I don't get why ASR outputs synonyms of what was said and alternative ways to phrase what was said, not to mention the downright w ...

Does It Even Matter Anymore?
Feb 18, 2015

https://www.kalibrr.com/advice/2015/02/top-4-reasons-why-good-employees-quit/     I'm sure it falls on deaf ears... I absolutely got the message that they don't care!   ...

Personal Study Area
Dec 23, 2011

I am getting ready to enroll this week with Andrews for medical coding, and am really looking forward to this new challenge and learning opportunity!!  After 30 years as a state employee, I'm actually switching careers. With that being said, I was just interested to find out "where" people like to study in their homes when studying 4-5 hours a night and working assignments.  Do you sit at a desk with the computer in front of you, or do you use the dining room table, a comfortable ...

Even With My Issues I Have Going On In My Personal Life
Sep 12, 2012

I am still getting out of this biz and going back to school.  I have panic with agoraphobia, but I cannot keep waiting for my SSI to be approved.  I have already been denied once.  The therapist I am seeing gave me hope and for that I am very thankful!  I found out I can go to a 2-year school and have my bills taken care of.  Thank God for that! ...

Charging On Personal Accts
May 29, 2013

Okay, I am still a bit confused.  I admit I have been spoiled by being an IC for years.  I have a chance to pick up a couple of side accounts, but after talking to them they just think they can dictate into something at my home and I will magically be able to hear their dictation. I am totally not well versed with all these computer programs.  Can someone explain to me whether it would be worth getting some kind of program to be able to do this?  It seems costly to be able to ...

So What Happens If You Have A Personal/family Emergency ..... Sm
Jul 08, 2014

and have to take time off at the last minute? And have no PTO time? Will I be fired? ...

Has Anyone Refused To Put LANDesk On Their Personal PC & What
Oct 11, 2014

x ...

S/l Coloso White Matter Changes
Nov 29, 2010

"There are no periventricular or (coloso) white matter changes".  TIA! ...

No Matter How Many Keyboards I Try (and I Have A Stack Of 'em)
Jul 17, 2011

What's your favorite keyboard to use to transcribe?  My recent experiment, a multimedia Apevia, which by the way is a piece of junk!  But it was blue and pretty, so I bought it.  I am always trying to find a better keyboard, but none beat my Saitek!  Big letters, spacious keyboard (I have a bit of a wide hand), and lots of fun stuff like background lighting.  Oh, and my company blocks all install (.exe) so my work computer didn't even recognize it........NEXT ...

No Matter What Your Experience, Nuance Will NOT Pay More Than
Jul 24, 2012

would like to make a lateral move away from Mmodal and their Big Brother schedule and time clock, but I make 9 cpl and would at least like to keep that with 40% less for VR.  Anybody been successful in negotiating a lateral move with same pay? ...

A Matter Of National Security?
Sep 28, 2012

With the nature of world affairs and US relations such as they are, I can't help but think how wrong it is for companies in general, but specifically MTSOs, to be sending highly sensitive information overseas the way they do. It scares me to think about my social security number, date of birth, address, etc. being handled by someone who doesn't necessarily feel the sense that they must protect that information. Maybe instead of complaining about how much work is being offshored, we s ...

Why Does Upload Speed Matter?
Jan 10, 2013

I don't get it. Suddenly companies are asking about download & upload speed of my computer. My computer has worked just fine for MT work for over 9 years now. Nobody has ever asked about the speed before, and I've never had any problems. Now I'm looking for work and because my upload speed isn't 1.5 or above, places won't hire me despite my qualifications.  ...

Document All Correspondence. No Matter How
Aug 07, 2014

employer is. Documentation is the key to self-preservation. ...

What Platform Does Nuance Use, Or Does It Matter Which
Jan 06, 2015

account you get assigned? Am wondering as I just applied so just curious. ...