A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

American Owned MT Companys?? Any left?? - Lee

Posted: Oct 27, 2011

Does anyone have a list of American owned MT companys??...or have all of them gone to connections with India.  I would like to work for an American Owned Company---any suggestions???

I worked for a company that made much of the fact that they - were US owned. Used OS just SM

[ In Reply To ..]
to supplement overnight when US MTs didnt want to work. ( Another myth. Reality is MTSO just doesnt want to pay the extra it would take to get a US MT to work 3rd shift) Anyway, they were alwasy patting themselves on the back that they were US owned, UNTIL the day they sold out to Q. That company??? ALL TYPE.

Opti-Script American owned & all US employees - MT4life

[ In Reply To ..]
Opti-Script is a smaller company that is 100% American owned and managed. All MTs live in the US and are employees. Been with them 5 years and still think it's the best one out there. They have their challenges like everyone else in this industry, but they do value MTs and the management team is great! I know it's not for everyone as their quality standards are high, but they're not nit-picky.

At Opti-Script, straight typing - or VR?

[ In Reply To ..]
Do they have fairly decent pay and usually have plenty of work? Thanks!!

VR and straight. Wont hire unless work avail. Decent pay. - Good communication. I like it there. - Different p

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Oops. To finish, different poster than one you asked. - No msg
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Opti-Script Pay for days less than 0.08, you call that decent? - Notinmyworld
[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry but even .08 cents a line isn't good pay in my world but under that? NOT!!!! Plus no micro-managing here either. They sit and figure out whey minute you spend working, too, and come up with a percentage! Oh! Let's not forget the drug screen, background check, and credit checks they perform. The first two don't bother me but the latter is MY business!! They can have their job for less than 0.08 a line and micro-manage someone else.

MT4life Would You Please - Mooselips

[ In Reply To ..]
Address the response from poster Notinmyworld below. I was thinking maybe there actually is a good company out there and I was going to thank you for giving me HOPE but now I feel like I've been shot down. Do they micromanage you? Do they do all those checks on you like Notinmyworld said? I'm absolutely hating it at Precyse now and that used to be a good company. When I can get myself untied from their apron strings I hope to find a better company. Which shouldn't be too hard but reading all these posts maybe it's safer for me to stay put with the lousy sound quality, the super-micromanaging, the impossible line counts/QA expectations, the never-ending phone calls, the awful dictators, the NJA, as well as having to compete with my Indian coworkers...to name a few. I guess I'm just staying due to fear of the unknown, hating to leave my "comfort zone" although Precyse sure aint too comfy any more, worried that if I do leave the next company I get hired at will really suck too!

MT rule: Dont ever quit 1 job til you know you and the next - job are a good fit. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Thank You - Mooselips
[ In Reply To ..]
I hadn't thought of that but it's a good idea. Might be hard juggling 2 jobs even temporarily but it makes sense!

Opti-Script clarification - MT4life

[ In Reply To ..]
I do not believe Notinmyworld works for Opti-Script as most of the information is incorrect. They do not micro-manage, but per the law they manage employees like employees. They track hours as most MTSOs do. Their pay is based on account and whether it's SR or MT. They pay headers/footers, which most companies do not. Their line count is fair and there's no guessing game. They do NOT do a credit check; I know that for sure. They do criminal background checks as required by several of their accounts. All hospitals do that! They do no drug screens, but maybe they should. They are very fair and up front about everything they do. And they are a transcription company and face the same pricing challenges other companies face, but they don't have a lot of "chiefs" running the place. I don't think this poster ever worked for Opti-Script, or at least doesn't currently. Some inaccurate info.

Good American-owned company - Knitter

[ In Reply To ..]
Try Landmark; American-owned, great people.

Like Landmark nm - but they overhire sadly

[ In Reply To ..]
d

American Owned MT Companys?? Any left?? - MT services

[ In Reply To ..]
SpectraMedi,founded in 1999 is a premier provider of U.S. based medical transcription services.http://www.spectramedi.com

Love Landmark - The best so far.

[ In Reply To ..]
The people are super. I have lots of work. They have my vote.

Love Landmark - The best so far. - Knitter

[ In Reply To ..]
Me, too. QA is phenomenal. The owners are honest, kind people.

R U kidding? - been there done that

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked there about 2 years ago for a week - they supposedly lost the account - had no more openings - the QA lady was the pickiest person I've ever encountered - how do you lose an acct within 5 mins? I think the fact that I questioned QA's QA was my downfall....at least be consistent so everyone is on the same page. Nightmare. Never enough work - I think most of their stuff is overflow. No thanx. QA was "my way or the highway." JMO.

QA phenomenal? She never even responded to my email. - Landmark The USA part is correct

[ In Reply To ..]
And as far as the owners being kind, come on, who you kidding? How kind is it to overhire and then take away insurance benefits?
Thanks (sm) - ExLMarker
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

As an ex-Landmark MT, I won't even go into the overhiring, no work, horrific audio quality on some accounts, etc., but I'm glad I was not the only one who did not find their lone QA person "phenomenal." I, like you, never heard back from her with any legitimate questions about poor audio quality, etc. In my experience, she only answered direct questions regarding format, etc., but totally ignored any complaints (well, I wouldn't even call what I had complaints at that time, I just inquired 2 or 3 times about the horrendous audio quality on one of my accounts and if she had any suggestions for how I might improve the quality on my end, if anyone else was having a problem, etc.) that I had, which I felt were legitimate concerns.

I didn't find her phenomenal; IMO, she was basically just a regular run of the mill QA person who filled in blanks and answered basic questions. I've worked with FAR better; conversely, I've also worked with FAR worse.

Phenomenal? Not hardly, IMO.

Probably the QA person posting! She comes here all the time!! - Yepper

[ In Reply To ..]
Nm
Yepper - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
And how would you know that?

Similar Messages:

Afro-American Versus African-American
Nov 17, 2012

Afro pertains to a "hair style" usually worn by black people or African-Americans. African-American refers to a group or nationality of people whose decendants originated in Africa. Has anyone ever been corrected on that when getting audited? Just curious. I see this a lot. P.S. Not trying to stir the pot or offend anyone so please, no racial slurs or offensive posts. This is a ligitmate question. How do you type it? or do you think it matters? ...

Ophthalmus On The Left With Slight Ptosis On The Left Secondary To *metrofeed* Left Eye Globe? Thank
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

Is DSG Owned By MQ?
Jan 07, 2011

Is DSG owned by MQ? New employee, thought I was leaving the Q... DSG uses DocQScribe, and I notice when I log in it still says MQ. Also if there are problems with DQS, we are told to contact MQ? How is it that DSG has MQ work when MQ MT's are out of work? ...

How Long Has MQ Been OS Owned?
Dec 23, 2010

x ...

Owned By TransTech
Mar 07, 2014

Obviously we highly-skilled MTs were used as collateral in this "merger, " which I see as an acquisition since we are expected to submit our personal information to iMedX.  I really feel betrayed.  I am out of here.  Nobody owns me!!! ...

Possible Cooperatively-Owned MTSO
Jan 09, 2013

What if a bunch of us extremely experienced, practically-out-of-work-at-the-present-time transcriptionists created our own MTSO, cooperatively owned by all of us, and DONE RIGHT? Just an idea. No need to be greedy, emphasis on keeping that sensitive information at home, and, most of all, quality and accuracy. We are all looking bad these days because MT pays NOTHING any more, so the positions are filled by people who have no idea what they're doing. It just isn't right. I am just havi ...

Being Owned By An Indian Company
Mar 17, 2013

After reading about that poor Swiss woman who was vacationing in India with her husband and being gang raped by 8 men, does anyone else's skin crawl just knowing we work for a company owned by India and their total disregard for women ?? ...

MModal-owned Computers
Nov 23, 2013

What happens in April 2014 when Microsoft ends their support of XP? Will MModal send us a new computer? ...

OSI Transcription Is Owned By Another Company
Dec 20, 2013

Can someone tell me if OSI Transcription is owned by another company (Like Nuance or Precyse)  or are they on their own?  Any info on this company?? ...

Is Focus Infomatics Indian Owned?
Jun 13, 2011

nm ...

This Board Is Owned And Registered In Pakistan?
Aug 20, 2013

I just followed some post on this board to a woman who has a medical transcription blog.  She has followed the domains all the way back to 2002 and claims that this board is now owned and registered to someone in Pakistan and she has copies of the documents showing it right there on the site.  Very interesting.  Link below http://www.mtexchange.com/medical-transcription-exchange/who-owns-mtstars-com/ ...

Medquist Is Owned By CBay, Based In India
Oct 28, 2009

Well this explains why all our work is disappearing to India.  Medquist sold out to CBay, which operates out of India.  Anyone know of any USA companies that are hiring?  This is just outrageous and disgusting.  http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=103x365279 ...

Best Equipment/Software For Independently Owned MT Business
May 09, 2012

I have an opportunity to do transcription independently for a physician.  Does anyone know what the best equipment and software would be to do this?  I've always worked for a company and have no clue where to begin.  Thanks! ...

Poll: Is Your Work PC Your Own Personal PC Or Company-owned?
Jul 17, 2012

Click Like for yes, it is company-owned (and covered if it crashes, i.e., money does not have to come out of your pocket)   Click Dislike for no, it is your own personal PC (and not covered if it crashes, you get no money to cover it and have to shell out $500 for a new PC). ...

Left Double *clocking* System In The Left Kidney Repaired. Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

Electroencephalogram: Left Temporal Focal Slowing In The 6 Hz Range With Left Temporal Sharp Transie
Apr 18, 2010

nm ...

Buying American
Oct 19, 2009

Hey, Everybody: In the spirit of solidarity, if we want support for our cause, then we might want to consider supporting other industries in America.  There are places to "Buy American" on the website.  We shouldn't support Big Box Stores that import everything and make a killing as well as treat their employees like chattel.  You know who I am talking about.  If we buy into the theory, "Oh, but it's so inexpensive to go there," then we are just as bad as the tran ...

Native American
Mar 26, 2010

When doctor says:  "Patient is a native American" should native be capitalized?  (BOS says to capitalize tribe names, but that doesnt answer this question.)  Thanks very much. ...

Will This Help Struggling American MTs?
Apr 23, 2013

I saw this article on a new law being passed about outsourcing jobs http://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-immigration-bill-could-slow-indian-outsourcers-092353134--finance.html     ...

American MTSOs?
Jul 23, 2014

Okay, so are there ANY companies that are actually owned by Americans who live in America?  Everyone says they are only hiring from within the U.S., but that doesn't mean the owners are American.  Someone here said one company (Diskriter?) was purchased by "an Indian couple." Why wasn't it purchased by an American couple? Why aren't Americans buying MTSOs? What's up with that? ...

Where Are All The American Doctors?
Sep 06, 2014

This past week it seems all I have got to transcribe are foreign docs.  Some are not too bad, but some it is just plain torture to listen to.  What is going on?  Also this is the first time I have not been able to pay my bills with my paycheck.  It is so depressing.  Just had to vent.   ...

The Great American EHR Boondoggle
Dec 01, 2009

Just in case anyone thought that point and click EMR is working, read this article.   http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20090818/REG/308189963 ...

American Precision Transcription, LLC
Jun 09, 2011

Anyone work or heard of this company American Precision Transcription, LLC (APT)? Thanks for any and all comments about them. ...

American Transcription Association
Aug 27, 2010

Do any of you belong to American Transcription Association?  I just happened to find their site today and it sounded very interesting.   ...

Are There Any American MT Companies(no Outsourcing), Is So, Who Are They?
Sep 29, 2010

Is there a list of American MT Companies who do not outsource? ...

American Transcripton Association
Apr 30, 2011

Is anyone on this board a member of this medical transcription organization?  If so, has it been beneficial to you?  I am asking because I am considering joining because I like what they say on their website.  So, I am just wondering if it is worth the money to join.  Any and all responses appreciated.  Thank you in advance. ...

American Workers Have Changed--And Not For The Better
Nov 08, 2011

I've talked with several MTs recently who work for different companies. The companies have to send out reminders to the MTs that they are supposed to be at work at specific times. They also are having trouble with MTs just taking off without arranging for coverage of their accounts. The list goes on and on. What bothers me most though is the attitude of workers. Work was not easy years ago, but people did it with courage and integrity. You don't see much of that anymore.   &nbs ...

Does Anyone Know If You Can Work For An American MT Company From
Feb 18, 2012

another country, specifically, Costa Rica.  My daughter started out volunteering down there and loved it so much she moved there permanently.  She is my only child, and since I really have no family here anymore and she wants me to, I'm considering moving down there.  Of course, I'd have to be able to keep my MT job.  I'm not exactly a spring chicken and apparently in order to move there you need to either have a pension/social security and/or an income (appare ...

American Health Connection?
Feb 08, 2013

Does anyone have experience with them or did anyone find any info. on them?  I couldn't find much of anything.  Thanks. ...

American Health Connection
Apr 05, 2013

Is it just me or does the new American Health Connection ad look like others we have seen from another company...maybe Phonix MedComm? ...