A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Personal request to those needing word help... - Musketeer Transcriptionist

Posted: Nov 11, 2012

I understand you're worried about posting too much information, and that's a good thing, but we really do need a little more information than simply the s/l word/term you're having trouble with.

If you feel comfortable giving the sentence, that's great.  If not, then maybe some context like whether the term is an instrument, a body part, a medication, or a disease, the report type (H&P, op, etc.) , what part of the body it's pertaining to, whether it's simply part of a list, and maybe a few words before and after if possible.

We really do want to help.  All for one, one for all!

To the moderators... - Musketeer Transcriptionist

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not trying to moderate the board. This is simply a request from one MT to others. I hope you'll not remove my post due to a misunderstanding.

agree with you, musketeer - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
For whatever reason, and in spite of multiple requests, the moderators of this board decline to post a sticky note with this useful suggestion. In fact, in spite of the sticky note on research tips, each and every time I have offered specific research tips, my post has been deleted! Sadly, it's a pretty dead word board.

Similar Messages:

I Need Help Transferring My Esp From Word Client To My Personal Computer
Jul 13, 2014

Hi: I need to move my expanded phrases and sentences from word client to my personal computer. I want to put them in autocorrect on Microsoft 2007. I do not know how to do this. I don't see much online about import/export from word client to auto correct. If anyone knows of a converting program or how to do it step by step, please let me know. Thanks for your help.   Take Care, Jay ...

Request For Word Help - Sqawtal
Oct 06, 2010

Hi! Does anyone out there have any idea what this word is? It is under the GU heading. The patient has a hernia. "Negative for dysuria, hematuria, squawtal mass or squawtal pain."Thanks a ton!Stephalina ...

EMR - My Personal Experience
Nov 02, 2009

I have been an IC for past 13 years with all local physician office accounts. As of July this year, I now have only one left due to the use of the EMR. While those of you are saying that EMR will not phase out transcriptionist..well that may be so, but in my experience it has already phased me out. The doctors have sent absolutely no further dictation since they began using this and they told me they do not plan to. So, I am now out of a job that I really depended on. Just giving my perspective. ...

My Own Personal Survey
Feb 07, 2012

I was just watching the news, and the all the job openings with average annual income. What I would like to know is this: Is any MT at MM or any other MTSO able to make a living wage? Please be honest. I for one am not evening breaking $1000 a month anymore, and at one time I was able to make at least $36,000 a year. Thanks ...

My Personal Best Links For MT
Oct 13, 2012

LAB VALUES:   http://musom.marshall.edu/usmle/usmlelabvalues.htm CHEMO DRUGS:  http://chemocare.com/chemotherapy/drug-info/default.aspx NATIONAL PROVIDER SEARCH: http://nynpi.com/ DRUGS: https://online.epocrates.com/  (type your drug in the box. No need to register) BACTERIA:  http://www.thegreatdictator.com/bacteria/ GENERAL MEDICAL REFERENCE:  http://www.fpnotebook.com/index.htm AIDS MEDS: http://www.aidsmeds.com/list.shtml I hope this helps ...

Personal Email
Aug 15, 2014

I'm just warning everybody that I received a "sales ad" for some pharmaceuticals in my personal email, with a return email address that specifically stated it was through [MTStars]****@****. so someone got my personal email address from this board, from someone on HERE, and not just by responding to a post, and sent me a link to selling medications. I never respond to any posting here through email, so no one has access to my email address except MTStars themselves. I did report it to MT ...

Personal Study Area
Dec 23, 2011

I am getting ready to enroll this week with Andrews for medical coding, and am really looking forward to this new challenge and learning opportunity!!  After 30 years as a state employee, I'm actually switching careers. With that being said, I was just interested to find out "where" people like to study in their homes when studying 4-5 hours a night and working assignments.  Do you sit at a desk with the computer in front of you, or do you use the dining room table, a comfortable ...

Even With My Issues I Have Going On In My Personal Life
Sep 12, 2012

I am still getting out of this biz and going back to school.  I have panic with agoraphobia, but I cannot keep waiting for my SSI to be approved.  I have already been denied once.  The therapist I am seeing gave me hope and for that I am very thankful!  I found out I can go to a 2-year school and have my bills taken care of.  Thank God for that! ...

Charging On Personal Accts
May 29, 2013

Okay, I am still a bit confused.  I admit I have been spoiled by being an IC for years.  I have a chance to pick up a couple of side accounts, but after talking to them they just think they can dictate into something at my home and I will magically be able to hear their dictation. I am totally not well versed with all these computer programs.  Can someone explain to me whether it would be worth getting some kind of program to be able to do this?  It seems costly to be able to ...

No Matter What Your Personal Feelings Are
Mar 11, 2014

Okay you hate MM and you think this is just another trick they are pulling.  Then don't apply for the coding training.  But please do not discourage other people from going for it.  This could turn out to be a great opportunity for them. ...

So What Happens If You Have A Personal/family Emergency ..... Sm
Jul 08, 2014

and have to take time off at the last minute? And have no PTO time? Will I be fired? ...

Has Anyone Refused To Put LANDesk On Their Personal PC & What
Oct 11, 2014

x ...

Personal Stand: MT And ME Line Rates (sm)
Nov 09, 2009

I have decided I will not accept any MT transcription rates lower than 9 cpl (in an employee position) or 11 cpl (in an IC position).  For medical editing, I'm not going to work for lower than 50% of the transcription rate.  For me, it will just not be worth it to do it for less.  I am willing to go work inhouse and even do other work rather than to accept line rates lower than this.  I see one keeps putting up the same ad with 8 cpl for MT work and 3 cpl for editing a ...

I WANT MY PERSONAL HIPAA INFO PUBLIC
Aug 23, 2012

When is it that our private information is so sacred.  How about posting online all my ailments.  Does it really matter?  Is it not coincidental that AAMT in their day, and others wanting $$, happened to push HIPAA through at a time when no one really cared?  It is a scam, just a department builder of jobs.  When is it that our ailments are so secret?  ...

Personal Accounts And Amount To Charge?
May 27, 2013

Just wondering......I am an IC right now, but I have the opportunity to pick up some extra work from my own personal physician.  He was asking if I could type some of his more complicated PFT reports that he does not want to do on the EMR program they have.  I have not done any personal account work for a very very long time.  Back when I had accounts....we would go pick up the cassette, print out the stuff and take it back.  I was wondering if anyone out there has any person ...

My Personal Favorite Is The One That Starts Sure Don't Mean To Scare You
Sep 24, 2014

No conscience, this LG, hired to slash, and slash she is good at! l shudder to recount all the I.D. numbers I've seen come and go from her matrices. If you were just switched to one of her accounts, beware, there is only one reason for that! She is on the AB (COM) team last I knew.  ...

Can We All Take A Time-out On The Personal And Negative Posts On This Site?
Jan 16, 2012

It's so difficult to continue reading this site when the negativity and personal attacks have become rampant. One has to sift through the garbage to get to any real informative posts and it's getting out of control. Someone is upset about the negative posts and then she goes on a tirade of name calling directed at the negative poster, and thus becomes an even bigger looking jerk in the process. I don't know what the answer is...maybe we can try to concentrate on the post rather t ...

Today I've Decided On A Personal Protest Step To Help Myself.
May 01, 2012

My company has always invited us to create and store template dictations for common use by everyone. I've made many and been happy to share, and since they're good quality they're used by many, even some dictators to set up their own formal templates. It's always pleased me to be a team player, but, let's face it, this is only one more thing that allows my company to hire less skilled people and lower the line rates it pays me.  Just BTW, I figure it costs me proba ...

Poll: Is Your Work PC Your Own Personal PC Or Company-owned?
Jul 17, 2012

Click Like for yes, it is company-owned (and covered if it crashes, i.e., money does not have to come out of your pocket)   Click Dislike for no, it is your own personal PC (and not covered if it crashes, you get no money to cover it and have to shell out $500 for a new PC). ...

Major Errors Today - 5 In 1 Hour A Personal Best!
Jul 31, 2013

x ...

Can We Use Our Personal Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard And Mouse With MQs Computer?nm
Feb 20, 2011

nm ...

Cannot Request MT Over ME Or ME Or MT
Nov 12, 2009

Up until today I had been keeping my head above water because I was an MT>ME, meaning I got all the typing jobs first and then got ASR.  Well, today we got served a notice that those requests are no longer being honored and everything is going into one big pool.  Just when I think things can't get any worse- THEY DO!  ...

Another Request For Help
Dec 16, 2010

s/ll....The patient was admitted from the clinic where CT "visuals" showed recurrence of disease.  Could 'visuals' be correct?  I'm new to the world of MT, and the foreign doctors are so dang hard to understand.  Thanks for the help...I'm so glad to have found this site. Cindy ...

A Request If Possible
Jun 05, 2012

Good afternoon, everyone. I have a request if it is possible.  Is there anyone here who knows a lot of the companies who I could discuss via e-mail ?  I am hesitant to discuss some of the things I am curious about because I don't want to offend anyone or get banned.  If this is not possible, I understand.  I just have some questions about some of the companies before I decide to apply and someone who knows most of them could really be helpful. Thank you everyone, I app ...

A Request From An MME
Aug 06, 2012

I just typed three-quarters of a report out because the MT gave up after doing a quarter of it.  This wasn't sent by accident because there was a QA not stating that she couldn't understand the dictator.  I'm not angry, but want to relay that if you really can't understand the dictator, either push on through to the end or, as a last resort, break it and let your CCM know immediately with the job number.  You will lose anything you type, but that's the pri ...

Can You Request ASR Only When Working For MQ?
Dec 10, 2010

I would like to work on ASR only and not do regular typing due to hand pain.  Does MQ give you ASR only if you request it or do they make you do both?  Appreciate any answers. ...

And One Last Request Tonight
Dec 16, 2010

s/l.....Position in the "byruck" region is intact.  Byruck?  I've spent an hour looking up this word.  Again, much thanks. ...

Is It Possible To Request A Switch To Another CCM
Feb 16, 2012

x ...

Request To The Moderator
Jun 29, 2012

Moderator, I am fortunate enough to be a thriving MT and I would like to be able to hold conversations with my colleagues.  We don't have coworkers so this board is the closest thing to it and I would like to be able to discuss our advantages, disadvantages, compensation, etc., with the closest I'll come to a coworker without being abused.  I don't want to be called insensitive, a liar, a suit, etc., just because I am still a successful MT and would like to share it.&nbs ...

RE: REQUEST TO MODERATOR
Jul 03, 2012

We will not be creating a new board for "positive posts only."  You have the choice as to what posts you want to read.  If a post is too negative for you, simply do not read it.  Everyone has a right to their opinion.  I will continue to monitor for foul language, name calling, etc., but will not be trying to decipher what is too positive or too negative for your liking.  ...