A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

So what happens if you have a personal/family emergency ..... sm - mt2

Posted: Jul 08, 2014

and have to take time off at the last minute? And have no PTO time? Will I be fired?

shouldn't be - newbutold

[ In Reply To ..]
You should be fine. i have had this happen a few times over the years, either I go violently ill and couldn't work or once my daughter was involved in an accident and i had to leave my home and go help. I just clocked out and remarked in the comments personal emergency and sent an email to my TL what was happening and that I would try and make up my hours if I could. I received a very nice email later when I was able to check that not to worry and to do whatever I needed and I could make up my time if I so desired or not, whichever worked out the best. Certainly not fired

same here, never had a problem as long as - i had an explanation

[ In Reply To ..]
oh wait, unless you have a foul TSM which i did 2 TSM's ago. My 90yo mom was in ER and TSM said "we really need you" and i said "well if my mom is dying in ER, she needs me more." that shut her up right quick and she was suddenly all agreeable.

They will eliminate your position and say you quit - due to your not being

[ In Reply To ..]
able to fulfill your hourly commitment. No joke. That's what they will do.

Family emergency - Bobo

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you know that for sure or do you enjoy upsetting someone who is already upset.

I know with certainty because of personal experience. - Sorry no sugar coating.

[ In Reply To ..]
But you should be used to that by now with Nuance. They have no heart nor soul.

Who R U? That's not true - Come on

[ In Reply To ..]
Just let them know and you can make up your time or even take PTO. Never had a problem myself. That poster is a S---disturber--ignore it.

Similar Messages:

Not Sure What To Do. Left MQ Due To Emergency. Sm
Mar 22, 2011

I left MQ back in October 2010 due to a family emergency.  I was working there part time.  I thought I had terminated my employment, but when I went in a little while ago to complete another application it says the following and now not sure what I do or who I contact since I don't have any of that information.  Thanks for any suggestions. Your current status for this position is:     Welcome to MedQuist. Our records indicate you have successfull ...

AutoCorrect Emergency
Mar 18, 2013

I just set up a new computer but after starting work, realized I alll my macros are on the old one, so as I am builiding my library again, I can't figure out how to make the space bar insert the macro.  I can enter them, but when I type and hit the space bar nothing happens.  Waaaaaaa :( ...

So, If We Have A Problem, There Is No One To Ask Unless It Is An Emergency?
Feb 19, 2015

Is this to set us up for more failure? ...

Emergency Dental
Apr 13, 2015

I'm on my Nth percocet since yesterday, going to dentist at 5 pm. I have no PTO time available so do I have to make up time away to see the Dr.? I've heard conflicting things from higher ups over the days and months. ...

Emergency Maintenance In 2 Minutes - DQS?
Mar 25, 2010

When did this get scheduled? Just noticed it.   We will be performing emergency maintenance beginnning at 12:00 pm Eastern 3/25/2010 and lasting for up to 10 minutes. There may be a brief interruption of some services for DocQmanage and DocQscribe users. ...

Capitalization - Psychiatric Emergency
Sep 11, 2010

Do I capitalize "Psychiatric Emergency Area" or just "Psychiatric Emergency" and not "area" ? I believe "emergency room" is not to be capitalized but I have seen where "Psychiatric Emergency Room" was capitalized.    Thank You ! ...

Emergency Plan? HIPAA?
Jul 02, 2013

Received an interesting e-mail from the next higher up over our supervisor and one thing that was talked about was having an emergency plan in case of equipment failure and DSL going down, etc.  I have to say I am kinda chuckling at this.  A follow up e-mail from a supervisor suggested going to Starbucks where they have free Wi-Fi.  I was thinking this would like be a HIPAA problem (maybe not).  The other suggestion was going to a relatives house.  Another suggestion was ...

Not A Medical Term - Which ? To The Emergency Room
Oct 19, 2010

The patient had a bout of renal colic which _____ for an ER visit.  I'm hearing "com___".  I would imagine it means necessitating a visit to the ER, but I'm stumped on words that s/l com---- ...

She Can Return The Emergency Room Or CPAP?
Sep 07, 2011

Ok, I've been getting a lot of doctors saying this. That patients can go to/return to what s/l CPAP (see pap).   Is this correct? I'm not sure if it's a nickname for another local facility either. I have a list of commonly referred to places for this client and nothing like CPAP is on there.  Just curious. ...

Do I Capitalize Emergency Medical Technician
Sep 17, 2013

Do I capitalize Emergency Medical Technician or just Emergency medical technician. As is the patient works for ----- hospital as an emergency medical technician. Also, do you capitalize a medical proffession name after the doctors name. Ex-Dr. Smith, Oncologist or oncologist. I have looked and looked, but I thought it should be and someone else thinks it shouldnt. Trying to get the correct format. I just cant remember and I cannot seem to find in my BOS. Thanks for the help. ...

Emergency Room Transcription Considered Acute Care ?
Oct 20, 2010

Is emergency room transcription considered acute care or is just doing surgicals acute care? ...

EMR - My Personal Experience
Nov 02, 2009

I have been an IC for past 13 years with all local physician office accounts. As of July this year, I now have only one left due to the use of the EMR. While those of you are saying that EMR will not phase out transcriptionist..well that may be so, but in my experience it has already phased me out. The doctors have sent absolutely no further dictation since they began using this and they told me they do not plan to. So, I am now out of a job that I really depended on. Just giving my perspective. ...

My Own Personal Survey
Feb 07, 2012

I was just watching the news, and the all the job openings with average annual income. What I would like to know is this: Is any MT at MM or any other MTSO able to make a living wage? Please be honest. I for one am not evening breaking $1000 a month anymore, and at one time I was able to make at least $36,000 a year. Thanks ...

My Personal Best Links For MT
Oct 13, 2012

LAB VALUES:   http://musom.marshall.edu/usmle/usmlelabvalues.htm CHEMO DRUGS:  http://chemocare.com/chemotherapy/drug-info/default.aspx NATIONAL PROVIDER SEARCH: http://nynpi.com/ DRUGS: https://online.epocrates.com/  (type your drug in the box. No need to register) BACTERIA:  http://www.thegreatdictator.com/bacteria/ GENERAL MEDICAL REFERENCE:  http://www.fpnotebook.com/index.htm AIDS MEDS: http://www.aidsmeds.com/list.shtml I hope this helps ...

Personal Email
Aug 15, 2014

I'm just warning everybody that I received a "sales ad" for some pharmaceuticals in my personal email, with a return email address that specifically stated it was through [MTStars]****@****. so someone got my personal email address from this board, from someone on HERE, and not just by responding to a post, and sent me a link to selling medications. I never respond to any posting here through email, so no one has access to my email address except MTStars themselves. I did report it to MT ...

Do You Family Still Come First? I Would Like To Know!
May 01, 2010

After being at a company with no work and little respect for the MT, I decided to quit and find another job.  I have been testing great,passing the on-line tests easily,and getting interest, and job offers.  My only problem is that all the jobs offered to me are for the afternoon shift.  Please do not get me wrong, I will work afternoon shift if my kids do not have food on the table, but I would rather have my afternoons, evenings free to spend time with my kids after they are gon ...

Personal Study Area
Dec 23, 2011

I am getting ready to enroll this week with Andrews for medical coding, and am really looking forward to this new challenge and learning opportunity!!  After 30 years as a state employee, I'm actually switching careers. With that being said, I was just interested to find out "where" people like to study in their homes when studying 4-5 hours a night and working assignments.  Do you sit at a desk with the computer in front of you, or do you use the dining room table, a comfortable ...

Even With My Issues I Have Going On In My Personal Life
Sep 12, 2012

I am still getting out of this biz and going back to school.  I have panic with agoraphobia, but I cannot keep waiting for my SSI to be approved.  I have already been denied once.  The therapist I am seeing gave me hope and for that I am very thankful!  I found out I can go to a 2-year school and have my bills taken care of.  Thank God for that! ...

Charging On Personal Accts
May 29, 2013

Okay, I am still a bit confused.  I admit I have been spoiled by being an IC for years.  I have a chance to pick up a couple of side accounts, but after talking to them they just think they can dictate into something at my home and I will magically be able to hear their dictation. I am totally not well versed with all these computer programs.  Can someone explain to me whether it would be worth getting some kind of program to be able to do this?  It seems costly to be able to ...

No Matter What Your Personal Feelings Are
Mar 11, 2014

Okay you hate MM and you think this is just another trick they are pulling.  Then don't apply for the coding training.  But please do not discourage other people from going for it.  This could turn out to be a great opportunity for them. ...

Has Anyone Refused To Put LANDesk On Their Personal PC & What
Oct 11, 2014

x ...

Thanks For All The Comma/and Help Family
Feb 27, 2010

Now I have another one:  first or 1st? First metatarsal, or 1st metatarsal First rib, or 1st rib When should you use first and when should you use 1st?  Thanks family! ...

No Family Support
Mar 29, 2010

I was all set to just quit MQ this past weekend, I had just had enough, even though I don't have another job yet, but am finishing my courses, which I am almost done with.  But my husband got upset about being the only breadwinner and dipping into the savings.  I can't get him to understand what I have to go through.  I keep hoping they will just fire me or lay me off so I can get unemployment, but so far nothing, even though I'm certainly not turning in the work I ...

Death In Family
Sep 10, 2010

Does MQ offer bereavement pay?  I don't have any PTO time left, but have to attend a funeral out of town.  (another expense I cannot afford...)  ...

Does Anyone Do Family Practice?
Apr 30, 2011

I have been doing transcription for about 7 years now, but almost all of that has been doing family practice work in SOAP note fashion.  When I first graduated I briefly did some work doing OP, H&P, discharges, et cetera.  I only did that for a short time and then started working at my current job. I have been with this small MTSO for 6 years doing family practice. I also did some letters and SOAP notes for peds endo for a while while doing the family practice. Anyway, over the las ...

How Do You Get Your Family To Leave You Alone?
Mar 23, 2012

It's hard enough to get my lines in.  I tell my family I'm on the clock, I have to work, but they just don't pay any attention.  If they are here, they walk right in, sit down and start talking, even though they can see my fingers poised over the keyboard and my headphones on.  If they are not here, they call, and then they have to repeat everything three times.  I know I could clock out but I can't just abandon a job I'm in the middle of so even if I ...

Personal Stand: MT And ME Line Rates (sm)
Nov 09, 2009

I have decided I will not accept any MT transcription rates lower than 9 cpl (in an employee position) or 11 cpl (in an IC position).  For medical editing, I'm not going to work for lower than 50% of the transcription rate.  For me, it will just not be worth it to do it for less.  I am willing to go work inhouse and even do other work rather than to accept line rates lower than this.  I see one keeps putting up the same ad with 8 cpl for MT work and 3 cpl for editing a ...

I WANT MY PERSONAL HIPAA INFO PUBLIC
Aug 23, 2012

When is it that our private information is so sacred.  How about posting online all my ailments.  Does it really matter?  Is it not coincidental that AAMT in their day, and others wanting $$, happened to push HIPAA through at a time when no one really cared?  It is a scam, just a department builder of jobs.  When is it that our ailments are so secret?  ...

Personal Request To Those Needing Word Help...
Nov 11, 2012

I understand you're worried about posting too much information, and that's a good thing, but we really do need a little more information than simply the s/l word/term you're having trouble with. If you feel comfortable giving the sentence, that's great.  If not, then maybe some context like whether the term is an instrument, a body part, a medication, or a disease, the report type (H&P, op, etc.) , what part of the body it's pertaining to, whethe ...

Personal Accounts And Amount To Charge?
May 27, 2013

Just wondering......I am an IC right now, but I have the opportunity to pick up some extra work from my own personal physician.  He was asking if I could type some of his more complicated PFT reports that he does not want to do on the EMR program they have.  I have not done any personal account work for a very very long time.  Back when I had accounts....we would go pick up the cassette, print out the stuff and take it back.  I was wondering if anyone out there has any person ...