A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Even with my issues I have going on in my personal life - sm

Posted: Sep 12, 2012

I am still getting out of this biz and going back to school.  I have panic with agoraphobia, but I cannot keep waiting for my SSI to be approved.  I have already been denied once.  The therapist I am seeing gave me hope and for that I am very thankful!  I found out I can go to a 2-year school and have my bills taken care of.  Thank God for that!

good for you - You have my prayers

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Thanks!! I need them:) - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
n

Help with school costs - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
How are you getting assistance with your bills?

I am severely injured and still working, so we will not be homeless. I am stuck in red tape applying for SSI and now have to appeal because I missed an appointment due to work, although I told them I could only leave on Fridays. My medical bills are more than I make and most of my husband's income as well.

The state I live in (Oklahoma) has a program that helps - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
people wanting to go back to school because they cannot find a job they are qualified for. It is called WIA, but I cannot remember what it stands for. Something Act.

Thanks! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Unfortunately, I have too many jobs, so that will not help me currently. Mensa has scholarships though, and I am currently awaiting for their next one, as I missed the deadlines this year. Too much work..

I wish you luck and thanks!
Thank you!!:) - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
n

Similar Messages:

EMR - My Personal Experience
Nov 02, 2009

I have been an IC for past 13 years with all local physician office accounts. As of July this year, I now have only one left due to the use of the EMR. While those of you are saying that EMR will not phase out transcriptionist..well that may be so, but in my experience it has already phased me out. The doctors have sent absolutely no further dictation since they began using this and they told me they do not plan to. So, I am now out of a job that I really depended on. Just giving my perspective. ...

My Own Personal Survey
Feb 07, 2012

I was just watching the news, and the all the job openings with average annual income. What I would like to know is this: Is any MT at MM or any other MTSO able to make a living wage? Please be honest. I for one am not evening breaking $1000 a month anymore, and at one time I was able to make at least $36,000 a year. Thanks ...

My Personal Best Links For MT
Oct 13, 2012

LAB VALUES:   http://musom.marshall.edu/usmle/usmlelabvalues.htm CHEMO DRUGS:  http://chemocare.com/chemotherapy/drug-info/default.aspx NATIONAL PROVIDER SEARCH: http://nynpi.com/ DRUGS: https://online.epocrates.com/  (type your drug in the box. No need to register) BACTERIA:  http://www.thegreatdictator.com/bacteria/ GENERAL MEDICAL REFERENCE:  http://www.fpnotebook.com/index.htm AIDS MEDS: http://www.aidsmeds.com/list.shtml I hope this helps ...

Personal Email
Aug 15, 2014

I'm just warning everybody that I received a "sales ad" for some pharmaceuticals in my personal email, with a return email address that specifically stated it was through [MTStars]****@****. so someone got my personal email address from this board, from someone on HERE, and not just by responding to a post, and sent me a link to selling medications. I never respond to any posting here through email, so no one has access to my email address except MTStars themselves. I did report it to MT ...

Personal Study Area
Dec 23, 2011

I am getting ready to enroll this week with Andrews for medical coding, and am really looking forward to this new challenge and learning opportunity!!  After 30 years as a state employee, I'm actually switching careers. With that being said, I was just interested to find out "where" people like to study in their homes when studying 4-5 hours a night and working assignments.  Do you sit at a desk with the computer in front of you, or do you use the dining room table, a comfortable ...

Charging On Personal Accts
May 29, 2013

Okay, I am still a bit confused.  I admit I have been spoiled by being an IC for years.  I have a chance to pick up a couple of side accounts, but after talking to them they just think they can dictate into something at my home and I will magically be able to hear their dictation. I am totally not well versed with all these computer programs.  Can someone explain to me whether it would be worth getting some kind of program to be able to do this?  It seems costly to be able to ...

No Matter What Your Personal Feelings Are
Mar 11, 2014

Okay you hate MM and you think this is just another trick they are pulling.  Then don't apply for the coding training.  But please do not discourage other people from going for it.  This could turn out to be a great opportunity for them. ...

So What Happens If You Have A Personal/family Emergency ..... Sm
Jul 08, 2014

and have to take time off at the last minute? And have no PTO time? Will I be fired? ...

Has Anyone Refused To Put LANDesk On Their Personal PC & What
Oct 11, 2014

x ...

Personal Stand: MT And ME Line Rates (sm)
Nov 09, 2009

I have decided I will not accept any MT transcription rates lower than 9 cpl (in an employee position) or 11 cpl (in an IC position).  For medical editing, I'm not going to work for lower than 50% of the transcription rate.  For me, it will just not be worth it to do it for less.  I am willing to go work inhouse and even do other work rather than to accept line rates lower than this.  I see one keeps putting up the same ad with 8 cpl for MT work and 3 cpl for editing a ...

I WANT MY PERSONAL HIPAA INFO PUBLIC
Aug 23, 2012

When is it that our private information is so sacred.  How about posting online all my ailments.  Does it really matter?  Is it not coincidental that AAMT in their day, and others wanting $$, happened to push HIPAA through at a time when no one really cared?  It is a scam, just a department builder of jobs.  When is it that our ailments are so secret?  ...

Personal Request To Those Needing Word Help...
Nov 11, 2012

I understand you're worried about posting too much information, and that's a good thing, but we really do need a little more information than simply the s/l word/term you're having trouble with. If you feel comfortable giving the sentence, that's great.  If not, then maybe some context like whether the term is an instrument, a body part, a medication, or a disease, the report type (H&P, op, etc.) , what part of the body it's pertaining to, whethe ...

Personal Accounts And Amount To Charge?
May 27, 2013

Just wondering......I am an IC right now, but I have the opportunity to pick up some extra work from my own personal physician.  He was asking if I could type some of his more complicated PFT reports that he does not want to do on the EMR program they have.  I have not done any personal account work for a very very long time.  Back when I had accounts....we would go pick up the cassette, print out the stuff and take it back.  I was wondering if anyone out there has any person ...

My Personal Favorite Is The One That Starts Sure Don't Mean To Scare You
Sep 24, 2014

No conscience, this LG, hired to slash, and slash she is good at! l shudder to recount all the I.D. numbers I've seen come and go from her matrices. If you were just switched to one of her accounts, beware, there is only one reason for that! She is on the AB (COM) team last I knew.  ...

Can We All Take A Time-out On The Personal And Negative Posts On This Site?
Jan 16, 2012

It's so difficult to continue reading this site when the negativity and personal attacks have become rampant. One has to sift through the garbage to get to any real informative posts and it's getting out of control. Someone is upset about the negative posts and then she goes on a tirade of name calling directed at the negative poster, and thus becomes an even bigger looking jerk in the process. I don't know what the answer is...maybe we can try to concentrate on the post rather t ...

Today I've Decided On A Personal Protest Step To Help Myself.
May 01, 2012

My company has always invited us to create and store template dictations for common use by everyone. I've made many and been happy to share, and since they're good quality they're used by many, even some dictators to set up their own formal templates. It's always pleased me to be a team player, but, let's face it, this is only one more thing that allows my company to hire less skilled people and lower the line rates it pays me.  Just BTW, I figure it costs me proba ...

Poll: Is Your Work PC Your Own Personal PC Or Company-owned?
Jul 17, 2012

Click Like for yes, it is company-owned (and covered if it crashes, i.e., money does not have to come out of your pocket)   Click Dislike for no, it is your own personal PC (and not covered if it crashes, you get no money to cover it and have to shell out $500 for a new PC). ...

Major Errors Today - 5 In 1 Hour A Personal Best!
Jul 31, 2013

x ...

I Need Help Transferring My Esp From Word Client To My Personal Computer
Jul 13, 2014

Hi: I need to move my expanded phrases and sentences from word client to my personal computer. I want to put them in autocorrect on Microsoft 2007. I do not know how to do this. I don't see much online about import/export from word client to auto correct. If anyone knows of a converting program or how to do it step by step, please let me know. Thanks for your help.   Take Care, Jay ...

Can We Use Our Personal Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard And Mouse With MQs Computer?nm
Feb 20, 2011

nm ...

How Did My Life Get So Bad
Feb 01, 2014

Yes I have known for quite awhile the end is near for MT but I don't know what I'm going to do now.   20 years ago I was the envy of the medical record department, the lead transcriptionist that everyone thought was so smart, and I made more than almost anyone in the entire hospital.  Now I just feel stupid.  I keep wondering how my life got so bad.  It's so easy to say go back to school! learn a different skill! and I know some my age (55) have done that, ...

New Life
May 25, 2015

Happy Memorial Day!  I think I may be starting a new life for myself.  I have been a medical transcriptionist for the past fourteen years for a neurologist. With his new EMR system he decided to do it himself. I have had an awful time trying to find a new job. These big companies are just brutal-on my self esteem as well.  My husband is in the healthcare field and he mentioned to me coding and I had just been thinking to myself about what could I go back to school for but couldn&# ...

Life After Transcription
Mar 22, 2010

I have just turned 52 the other day and seem to be developing quite a bit of pain in my hands and wondering if any one knows of a good career path for me to head into besides typing.  ...

Life Beyond MedQuist
Aug 11, 2011

Wish I lived in Massachusetts.  There is life beyond MedQuist.  Job Post I just ran across:  Manager of Medical Transcription About the Job Minimum of 5-10 years transcription needed, plus minimum of 7 years supervisory experience. Knowledgeable about MedQuist platform, able to train physicians on MedQuist dictation system and electronic signature. Day position with occasional weekends. Manager must be current in transcription abilities, ability to set up certain templates, ...

Medquist Has Taken Away My Life
Oct 13, 2011

My accounts just went 100% ASR with no email warning or team meeting!  It takes too long to edit these jobs because ASR is the worst!  It seems that ASR is better at ESL docs than people who have a wonderful American accent and it takes longer to edit people who speak perfect English.  They have messed with me so much.  I have 4 babies to take care of and can barely make rent.  Foodstamps only gives us food and I have no extra money for things like electricity and i ...

Thinking About My Life
Mar 16, 2012

After reading the last few threads, I have been asking myself some hard questions. Why do I continue in this job that I clearly hate? I can't make ends meet, I am bored, and I know I am being taken advantage of, so why do I make the choice to stay? I try to continually remind myself I have a choice. No one is forcing me to do this job. I can quit or do something else. I feel the same as the rest of you, slave labor, boring VR, no respect for our skills and talents and we should be pai ...

Life After Epic
Oct 19, 2012

Hi all, The hospital I work for will start using Epic next year.  From everything I have read, I understand that transcription will most likely be cut in half.  For those of you have gone through this already, have you seen any other jobs created AFTER Epic?  I know there may be editing, but should we expect anything else?   ...

A Day In The Life Of An MT - Priceless.
Jan 03, 2013

want a good laugh?     ...

Sucking The Life Out Of Me
Feb 03, 2014

I can't get through 2 hours without some major technical issue that prevents me from completing a report. The support department is sorely lacking in helping. When I do hear from them they have a cocky attitude and basically tell me they can't do a thing to help. I can't get out of here quick enough. WORST company I've ever worked for. No concern for employees and demands exceed reality! ...

Life Expectancy Of MT
Mar 12, 2014

With all this talk about the coding offer, what do you all think is the life expectancy of the current MTs? How quickly are we going to be phased out in favor of coders? Do you think MM will keep a skeleton crew of MTs on board and, if so, how will they be chosen? Do we hang on for however long and, once we're laid off, then collect unemployment? Or do we jump ship now? ...