A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Medquist is owned by CBay, based in India - thornbird

Posted: Oct 28, 2009

Well this explains why all our work is disappearing to India.  Medquist sold out to CBay, which operates out of India.  Anyone know of any USA companies that are hiring?  This is just outrageous and disgusting. 

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=103x365279

You just now found that out? - oh bother

[ In Reply To ..]
That happened like 3 years ago!

Oh my goodness. Turn the lights off.

yeah..I'm slow sometimes, lol - thornbird

[ In Reply To ..]
Actually, yes, I just recently realized all this was going on and just discovered this board. I was quite comfortable with the account I had for over 5 years and suddenly lost. I knew they sold out to a new company but I didn't know it was based in India. That freaked me out so I started googling. I was blissfully unaware of all this until just very recently and the harsh reality of it has finally sunk in. So, I apologize for not being up to date. I'm getting there thanks to this forum.

No need to apologize thornbird - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
There are a lot of people out there working for the Q that don't come on this board and don't realize what is going on. To a large degree this explains why so many people stay with them. Also they tend to make changes according to "areas in the company" so some folks appear to be unaffected by certain changes that are going on. Then all of a sudden one day they too run out of work when their wonderful account is suddenly sent over to India. It is a real shame what is going on. Good luck.

Similar Messages:

CBay, Spheris, Medquist - INDIA
May 04, 2010

Came across this information, from a reliable source (who prefers to remain anonymous.)We report, you decide. - - - - - - - - - - A leading United States-based healthcare BPO services vendor CBay Systems Ltd. plans to transfer nearly 50 per cent of its work to India during the next two years with a view to develop into a $1-billion company. Presently, CBay Systems provides its facilities to almost 40 per cent of the hospital market in the United States covering over 2,400 hospitals, clinics as ...

CBAY SENDING MORE THAN EVER TO INDIA
Jul 15, 2010

http://ahdilounge.blogspot.com/2010/04/medical-transcription-heavyweight-cbay.html   CBAY SENDING MORE THAN EVER TO INDIA ...

MQ CBAY 80% Of Our Work To India --- Repost
Jan 12, 2011

http://forum.mtstars.com/182178.html http://www.faqs.org/sec-filings/091210/MEDQUIST-INC_10-Q.A/w76567exv10w1.htm#ixzz0cEztUgGN  Section 2.2 Order Form. Within fifteen (15) days of the Effective Date of this Agreement, and not less than once per quarter thereafter, Company shall propose to Supplier the projected volume in hours of dictation per Business Day Equivalent by issuing an Order Form to Supplier in the form attached hereto as Exhibit 5. Such order will include the ...

Wow, Cbay India Gets Bonuses And Free
May 23, 2011

medical insurance for family, plus a gym and workout facility, and also monthly bonuses.  I think I may just apply, would probably be better off than I am now.  You think they'll care that i live in the United States? ...

Cbay/Heartland/Medquist
Mar 02, 2010

I remember when the layoffs happened and then feared the worst when Cbay bought us last year.  My question is this:  What was the layoff package?  Severence?  How long did it last and what did it include?  Thanks in advance. ...

The Unconstitutional Employment Practices Of MedQuist And CBay
Mar 17, 2010

I'm NOT an attorney; therefore, cannot give any legal advice.  If you want to pursue the issues addressed below, please consult an attorney.   In the case of Department of State v. Washington Post Co., 456 US 595 (1982), the Department of State refused to disclose private information of individuals to an "American" corporation, "Washington Post", citing the policy of not disclosing "personnel and medical files and similar files the disclosure of which would constitute a clearly ...

You Work For A Company Based In India
Mar 22, 2015

Need I say more???? ...

We Should Make India Do All The Transcription - See How That Works For Ya,India.
Nov 06, 2010

Everybody leave Medquist....go get other work -- working at McDonald's pays more and has better benefits - at least you get to eat. And see how well India does all the transcription -- they can't do it -- we do the hard work and they get the cream.  We are sitting her dying with their bad machines and bad dictators. Let them have it -- they will corode. ...

Is DSG Owned By MQ?
Jan 07, 2011

Is DSG owned by MQ? New employee, thought I was leaving the Q... DSG uses DocQScribe, and I notice when I log in it still says MQ. Also if there are problems with DQS, we are told to contact MQ? How is it that DSG has MQ work when MQ MT's are out of work? ...

How Long Has MQ Been OS Owned?
Dec 23, 2010

x ...

Owned By TransTech
Mar 07, 2014

Obviously we highly-skilled MTs were used as collateral in this "merger, " which I see as an acquisition since we are expected to submit our personal information to iMedX.  I really feel betrayed.  I am out of here.  Nobody owns me!!! ...

Possible Cooperatively-Owned MTSO
Jan 09, 2013

What if a bunch of us extremely experienced, practically-out-of-work-at-the-present-time transcriptionists created our own MTSO, cooperatively owned by all of us, and DONE RIGHT? Just an idea. No need to be greedy, emphasis on keeping that sensitive information at home, and, most of all, quality and accuracy. We are all looking bad these days because MT pays NOTHING any more, so the positions are filled by people who have no idea what they're doing. It just isn't right. I am just havi ...

Being Owned By An Indian Company
Mar 17, 2013

After reading about that poor Swiss woman who was vacationing in India with her husband and being gang raped by 8 men, does anyone else's skin crawl just knowing we work for a company owned by India and their total disregard for women ?? ...

MModal-owned Computers
Nov 23, 2013

What happens in April 2014 when Microsoft ends their support of XP? Will MModal send us a new computer? ...

OSI Transcription Is Owned By Another Company
Dec 20, 2013

Can someone tell me if OSI Transcription is owned by another company (Like Nuance or Precyse)  or are they on their own?  Any info on this company?? ...

Is Focus Infomatics Indian Owned?
Jun 13, 2011

nm ...

American Owned MT Companys?? Any Left??
Oct 27, 2011

Does anyone have a list of American owned MT companys??...or have all of them gone to connections with India.  I would like to work for an American Owned Company---any suggestions??? ...

This Board Is Owned And Registered In Pakistan?
Aug 20, 2013

I just followed some post on this board to a woman who has a medical transcription blog.  She has followed the domains all the way back to 2002 and claims that this board is now owned and registered to someone in Pakistan and she has copies of the documents showing it right there on the site.  Very interesting.  Link below http://www.mtexchange.com/medical-transcription-exchange/who-owns-mtstars-com/ ...

Best Equipment/Software For Independently Owned MT Business
May 09, 2012

I have an opportunity to do transcription independently for a physician.  Does anyone know what the best equipment and software would be to do this?  I've always worked for a company and have no clue where to begin.  Thanks! ...

Poll: Is Your Work PC Your Own Personal PC Or Company-owned?
Jul 17, 2012

Click Like for yes, it is company-owned (and covered if it crashes, i.e., money does not have to come out of your pocket)   Click Dislike for no, it is your own personal PC (and not covered if it crashes, you get no money to cover it and have to shell out $500 for a new PC). ...

MQ/CBay
Feb 24, 2011

It seems that Medquist is still hiring US MTs.  They have an ad in MT daily.  I don't see why CBay can't keep us on along with the Indian MTs.   ...

How Does CBay Fit Into This?
Jan 25, 2012

Wonder if we'll now see the American coding jobs go "global" like our MT jobs did. Also wonder if the CCMs and higher management will change. ...

CBay/Please Read
Jul 22, 2010

I just got through reading the website of CBay in its entirety to get more insight into their company.  They appear to be a giant in the field, own almost everything that has to do with medical transcription or the likes thereof.  I clicked on the Executive Bios section and got to read about each executive's background, etc.  What I saw and read were numerous CBay individuals (all men I might add) with many years' worth of previous employment by well known companies, som ...

Wow! Just Thought Of How CBAY
Jul 29, 2010

CBAY could get rid of a lot of board of directors.  Does CBAY have any idea how much money it could save them?  In fact, why we are at it, get rid of the United States board of directors and bring in their own India board of directors.  They could probably pay their suits half or even less than it would cost for United States board of directors.  Plus!  Would not have to pay incentives, benefits, bonuses, gas for their cars, credit expenses for lunches and golfing, e ...

Hey CBAY Suits
Mar 26, 2011

Why dont ya just open up all the regions into one clump and let us have a giant cesspool?  Then every report that pops up will get assigned out immediately and there will be instant TAT!  If you do it quick enough, you can beat all the other MTSOs to it and be the leader of the pack!  I mean, seriously, jumping from the 15 to 20 now is such a piece of cake, and you really dont want me thinking I have the upper hand here, do you? ...

CBay Buyout Of MQ
Feb 18, 2011

Speaking of changes.  Ba-Ba-Big Ch-Ch-Changes are coming.  CBay is trying to buy 100% of MQ.  Check out article at: http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/news/news.asp?ticker=MEDQ:US Other articles of interest there also.  Basically reads: Management Led Buyout of MedQuist Causes Shareholder Claim Investigation by Goldfarb Branham Law Firm LLP DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 7, 2011-- Goldfarb Branham LLP is investigating whether the Board of Directors of Medqui ...

M*Modal - CBAY?
May 11, 2012

I was one of 30 people fired in a conference call from CBay back in December, 2007.    Was applying to M*Modal and looked up CBay's location and it says that CBay is now M*Modal???????   (Can anybody verify this?)   Also, do they pay hourly or per line? ...

I'm Having Flashbacks Of Cbay.
Apr 04, 2013

We had layoffs in groups about every 6 months to a year, until finally the last batch was laid off and ALL the work was sent to India. Everyone kept saying it could never happen, but it did. They chose profits over quality.  I wish the doctors, hospitals, and patients would wake up! ...

CBay Buys Spheris
Feb 03, 2010

Just curious, how do you guys (and gals) feel about the fact that CBay just purchased Spheris? ...

I Wonder If CBAY's CEO Would Jump Up And Down For A $50.00 Bonus!!
Jun 24, 2011

nm ...