A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Owned by TransTech - Angry MT

Posted: Mar 07, 2014

Obviously we highly-skilled MTs were used as collateral in this "merger, " which I see as an acquisition since we are expected to submit our personal information to iMedX.  I really feel betrayed.  I am out of here.  Nobody owns me!!!

Me, too! - Already quit

[ In Reply To ..]
I already quit. I refuse to have any affiliation whatsoever with these scumbags at IMedX. I also 100% refuse to send my personal information out of the country. I'm curious as to how many other MTs they have lost since the announcement of this "merger."

Great question!!! - Wondering

[ In Reply To ..]
I was wondering the same thing. I loved TT. I wish it was last week and we could make this not true. Also interested to see if a large number quit if they will retain who does not quit or if there may be a mass layoff coming. I wonder if there has there been an across the board layoff with other iMedX takeovers?

Good for you! MTs should refuse to be - "collateral damage"! NM

[ In Reply To ..]
X

I've seen 5 posts so far about quitting... - fervently sending out resumes

[ In Reply To ..]
... but there may be more posts than just the topics I've read so far. You made a very good point about sending our private info overseas.

When MDI did its merger I quit on the spot - Happy mom

[ In Reply To ..]
I wasn't about to support any company that did offshoring.

TT - exMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I got out 6-7 months ago. Too many changes to not be suspicious. I did like working for them though.

of course you were - confused

[ In Reply To ..]
MTs are assets so of course they would be part of the acquisition deal.

You were collateral in the acquisition and you'll be collateral damage once the dust settles.

The companies that sell out their MTs like this are NOT looking out for their MTs. They are looking out for the principals in the company- i.e. the ones who get paid.

No one else matters.

I'm so sorry for you guys because there's nothing worse than having no control and knowing you're in a car speeding towards a wall and your seat belt is stuck.

Situation rife for taking a stand. - anothermtnobody

[ In Reply To ..]
Even though there is nothing to truly gain (except freedom and maybe a little self-esteem)from an en masse quitting, it would be like going down strong and saying we are not going to lie down and take it anymore. Let these conscience-less companies man their keyboards with all the overseas workers they wish. I am quite sure we are being exploited by cleaning up their attempts, and if no one is there to do it, then let the chips fall where they may: Garbage in, garbage out. MT is over for us. The conditions are too sweat-shoppy for my taste, and it isn't going to right itself. It was a lovely ride until it wasn't anymore.

Good luck to all.

We need to find something else, if only for our mental and physical health.

Taking a Stand-AnotherMTNobody - OldMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Your post hits the nail on the head. I agree. This is what should be done. I feel for everyone trying to earn a living in this depressing industry. We used to be able to make a very decent living. It was that way until corporate greed forced all the "mom and pop" mid-sized companies out of business by underbidding their accounts and/or buying them out (yes, they saw what we were making and wanted their finger in the pie like the greedy robber barons they are). The mid-sized companies treated us well, were appreciative of our work and compensated us fairly for our efforts and knowledge. Corporate greed took care of that. Corporate greed killed our trade by pushing horrid software and equipment packages on hospital and clinic administrators who fell for their BS hook, line and sinker, allowing the greedy ones to send our work out of the USA to be gobbled up by foreign countries. This should not have happened. The personal information of Americans should be just that - PERSONAL.

Oh, and don't forget VOICE WRECK. This was supposed to double our productivity. What a laugh. We work twice as hard for one-half the money while they still charge the hospitals and clinics what they did before. They lines their pockets at our expense. How many of us have fallen onto hard times because the work and money we built our careers on has been STOLEN FROM US. They have turned our once-pround profession into a third-world joke!

What is wrong with this picture? It sounds like the worst thing that has ever happened to a group of American employees. A once highly thought of profession with good earning potential is destroyed.

God bless and good luck to every employee of these companies who have been taken over, if you decide to quit. They did not tell you what they were doing to your life. You owe them nothing. You have the right to express your disgust with this whole thing.

In closing my long rambling post, I wonder why the US government hasn't stepped into this picture because it seems like an antitrust issue, don't you think?

Also... - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
In addition to us hard working American MTs being totally screwed over, I wonder if the hospitals and clinics who use TransTech's services are going to be made aware that their work is going to be sent overseas. I know for a fact that many doctors and hospitals would NOT approve of that!
guessing no - barbiedollxz
[ In Reply To ..]
That is why they are sticking with the name TT and also why we are FOR NOW retaining the same supervisors, etc. Unless the hospitals keep up with all these buyouts, they wouldn't know. Supposedly TT is keeping the name. I depend on my job as I am single, but I am to the point that I would almost rather start over in a different industry just so I can say I left of my own accord and not because I was laid off.

Angry MT - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
Good for you. You sound like my kind of person! I really have nothing concrete to offer you (I'd hire you in a minute if I were still in hiring mode!) but I do want to wish you my best.

Similar Messages:

Is DSG Owned By MQ?
Jan 07, 2011

Is DSG owned by MQ? New employee, thought I was leaving the Q... DSG uses DocQScribe, and I notice when I log in it still says MQ. Also if there are problems with DQS, we are told to contact MQ? How is it that DSG has MQ work when MQ MT's are out of work? ...

How Long Has MQ Been OS Owned?
Dec 23, 2010

x ...

Possible Cooperatively-Owned MTSO
Jan 09, 2013

What if a bunch of us extremely experienced, practically-out-of-work-at-the-present-time transcriptionists created our own MTSO, cooperatively owned by all of us, and DONE RIGHT? Just an idea. No need to be greedy, emphasis on keeping that sensitive information at home, and, most of all, quality and accuracy. We are all looking bad these days because MT pays NOTHING any more, so the positions are filled by people who have no idea what they're doing. It just isn't right. I am just havi ...

Being Owned By An Indian Company
Mar 17, 2013

After reading about that poor Swiss woman who was vacationing in India with her husband and being gang raped by 8 men, does anyone else's skin crawl just knowing we work for a company owned by India and their total disregard for women ?? ...

MModal-owned Computers
Nov 23, 2013

What happens in April 2014 when Microsoft ends their support of XP? Will MModal send us a new computer? ...

OSI Transcription Is Owned By Another Company
Dec 20, 2013

Can someone tell me if OSI Transcription is owned by another company (Like Nuance or Precyse)  or are they on their own?  Any info on this company?? ...

Is Focus Infomatics Indian Owned?
Jun 13, 2011

nm ...

American Owned MT Companys?? Any Left??
Oct 27, 2011

Does anyone have a list of American owned MT companys??...or have all of them gone to connections with India.  I would like to work for an American Owned Company---any suggestions??? ...

This Board Is Owned And Registered In Pakistan?
Aug 20, 2013

I just followed some post on this board to a woman who has a medical transcription blog.  She has followed the domains all the way back to 2002 and claims that this board is now owned and registered to someone in Pakistan and she has copies of the documents showing it right there on the site.  Very interesting.  Link below http://www.mtexchange.com/medical-transcription-exchange/who-owns-mtstars-com/ ...

Medquist Is Owned By CBay, Based In India
Oct 28, 2009

Well this explains why all our work is disappearing to India.  Medquist sold out to CBay, which operates out of India.  Anyone know of any USA companies that are hiring?  This is just outrageous and disgusting.  http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=103x365279 ...

Best Equipment/Software For Independently Owned MT Business
May 09, 2012

I have an opportunity to do transcription independently for a physician.  Does anyone know what the best equipment and software would be to do this?  I've always worked for a company and have no clue where to begin.  Thanks! ...

Poll: Is Your Work PC Your Own Personal PC Or Company-owned?
Jul 17, 2012

Click Like for yes, it is company-owned (and covered if it crashes, i.e., money does not have to come out of your pocket)   Click Dislike for no, it is your own personal PC (and not covered if it crashes, you get no money to cover it and have to shell out $500 for a new PC). ...

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

TRANSTECH PAY
Nov 10, 2009

Anybody know what the pay is for transtech, VR and standard?  I am looking at applying. TIA ...

Transtech Rad
Nov 17, 2009

Anyone working at Transtech care to share whether there radiology accounts pay better than there acute care?  I currently work for them on acute care.  Thanks! ...

TransTech'ers, Is It Getting Any Better
Jan 25, 2010

nm ...

TransTech QA
Sep 04, 2010

Hi there fellow TT MTs:)  Do any of you ever have trouble with QA at TT.  Lately, I have been afraid to send anything in for correction, particularly 1 person, who dissects my reports down to crossing my Ts and dotting my Is.   I know she is probably just doing her job well, and I know being in QA is a hard job, but this is getting depressing. I am not a newbie by any means, and I know my job well.  Not criticizing here, just a little perplexed I guess.  Thanks everyone! ...

TransTech VR
Jun 22, 2011

Just wondering if you can do exclusively VR or exclusively traditional?  I thought it was mandatory that both be done, but I want to be sure. Do you like the ExText platform? ...

Does Anyone Know About TransTech?
Nov 06, 2010

Does anyone know about TransTech? ...

Has Anyone Gotten A TransTech W2 Yet?
Jan 27, 2011

nm ...

To MT Looking/TransTech
Mar 08, 2012

I started a new thread because I noticed your question about TransTech waaaay down at the bottom of the page and with no responses yet, so here goes... In my personal experience, nothing has changed from the older posts.  Even today, I have 4 accounts and I'm currently waiting for work to come into my queue.  If you can get in with TransTech as a favorite, you can make BIG money doing 98% OP notes (about 30,000 lines per pay period).  But, if you're just a regular, ...

Anything New At TransTech????
Jul 19, 2012

Usually there are lots of posts here about TT.  Just wondering what is going on now.  I was hired and supposed to start work there, but could not work with satellite.  For some reason, the EditScript would not come up.  So I got rid of satellite and had Verizon Wireless installed.  So far this is working pretty good.  Much better than satellite -- knock on wood.  Hopefully I can start working again.  ...

Last Day At TransTech
Jul 31, 2012

I've been with TT for about 6 years but was recently offered an in house job at 4x the pay and really great benefits. I have to say I really enjoyed working for TT other than the times of low volume and I would recommend them. Things have changed for me and I can't turn down this opportunity but I do wish them well. ...

Transtech ?
Oct 22, 2012

Does anyone know if they hire part time?  I know I have seen comments about them running out of work, but that seems to be a common thing among most of the companies anymore.  ...

Anyone Know Anything About TransTech?
Mar 18, 2013

I was recently hired by Transtech, just wondering if anyone has any experience with them?  I was very excited to get a job offer, but was a little nervous when the recruiter started explaining what to do when work was slow or there was no work.  AT 4.5 cpl for VR, the last thing I need is long periods of no work.  Anyone with experience with them? ...

All Right How About TransTech
Jul 10, 2013

I have got to find something new and unfortunately have to go with a company who hires employees/has benefits. ...

TransTech Changes?
Sep 30, 2014

I am no longer working for TransTech but just wondering if there have been any changes since merger yet?  Any anticipated?   I maybe should not have quit so soon....any suggestions?  ...

Transtech
Oct 07, 2014

Wondering if anyone knows anything about or has worked for a company called Transtech? Thanks in advance! ...

TransTech, If You're Hiring
Oct 13, 2009

some part-timers anyway, why not offer weekends to part-timers and offer some Mon-Fri shifts for the experienced full-time MTs you're trying to get.....  That's about the only way you're going to get many experienced quality MTs.  And there are always plenty of MTs looking for part-time weekend work as a 2nd job.  ...

Info On TransTech Please?
Oct 14, 2009

Any information on this company would be greatly appreciated.  TIA! ...