A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

So they fire/lay off a bunch of MTs - and now every account

Posted: Aug 26, 2013

is out of TAT. TSM says lots of second and third shifters were let go (code phrase-reduction in force) and now the rest of us need to step up and change our shift to second and third shift. ClusterMMuck at its finest.

I wont change shifts... they shouda let me go - first shifter

[ In Reply To ..]
If they woulda laid off first shifters, then they would be screaming for people to move to first shift. The geniuses at this comapny should have figured out to lay off a couple from each shift, or one from each shift, and let go of people barley scraping by, not those with 15 years experience and able to edit twice as much! Stupidity at its finest! Now move the first shifters, still have TAT issues, then hire more newbies.... the mind boggles.

You know this has to stop - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
We complain there is no work..They actually took steps to solve it by getting rid of the part timers and keeping the FT with work. The MT world is a world of feast or famine, it has been for the last 17 years I have been doing it. Give them a break and lets try and make this work. I'm glad I am still here and have work.

agreed. Some people are never happy - x

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Don't berate people who are unhappy. - xx99

[ In Reply To ..]
You berate the above poster for pointing out the incredibly inept management of this company. In reality you'd have to be nuts to be happy with the constant shifting of rules and veiled threats if you don't comply, if you're not perfect, if you don't work like a slave, etc. of this monstrous company. MModal is one of the worst run companies in world history. They should be studied in universities to teach future business leaders on how not to run a company.

Didnt say I was totally happy with the pay rates or - anything else. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
This company is under new management, they are making changes to keep people in work..If you are unhappy with what you are getting, who is holding your fingers to the flames and making you stay? Last time I checked we are free to do whatever we want. For me, it works for now. Could be better, could be worse. I need to be at home to handle business here. It pays my bills.
bravo! tell it sister! - you dont like it you know where the door is!
[ In Reply To ..]
this job is good enough for me to get through college. that's it. I'm not going to ask for more than that. They are giving me more than enough work so I can't complain. be grateful for what you have now so you can move on to something more in the future.
That is so lame. Sister - pfft
[ In Reply To ..]
we have as much right to be here as you do. Sister.

AMEN ... I totally agree with you and I'm so glad someone finally said it. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I was thinking this just last week when this all happened ... people complain when there is no work and they complain when there is. I got overtime for the very first time in years, this weekend. If this keeps up I might even be able to get myself and my son off Food Stamps.

I'm genuinely sorry for those who lost their job, I'm a single mom and this is my only form of income - if I lost my job I would go under. This job isn't perfect by any stretch, but I go to sleep every night saying a prayer of gratitude that I've got it. I'm so surprised that more people aren't grateful for what they have.

Grateful? - xx99

[ In Reply To ..]
The poster wasn't complaining about having or not having work, but about having to shift hours to 2nd or 3rd shift. Who the h... wants to work weird hours for this pay? Remember when they used to give a differential for working after 6 p.m.? I do. They have lowered and lowered pay and they probably still will. That's why you're on food stamps! Not my business, but since you brought it out in the open, if I were you I would go just about anywhere else and probably make more money. You can type. There are many office jobs out there, but I get it if you have to be home for your son. It's great that you're grateful, but you probably will wind up being fired like so many. It's just a matter of time. Wait and see.
Exactly. My American co-workers lost their - jobs due to the greed of
[ In Reply To ..]
of this company - who are NOT new management, BTW. I was commenting on the ineptness of management, not work or lack of work.
I think most of us would be a lot - happier
[ In Reply To ..]
if they would just get everything up front when they hired us, i.e. don't count on working certain times, days, shifts, or whatever and expect to rearrange your life in a day's notice accordingly. Some people would go for that and some would pass before even applying.

And by the way, MT didn't always used to be feast or famine. In house if they needed workers 24/7, they hired for 24/7 and managed appropriately and paid differentials and incentives. Also the schedules never included having to work every weekend or holiday unless it was something you wanted. This mess only all started when work became outsourced and finally off shored.
they still give a differential! - i get mine n/m
[ In Reply To ..]
z
They still give a shift differential after 6 p.m. - Usually a lot of work too.
[ In Reply To ..]
This board has me frustrated. There are a lot of statements that are absolutely false and the constant complaining over every single tiny little thing.

If you hate your job, quit and go elsewhere. If you choose not to work second or third shift, then don't do it. Let the chips fall where they may.

The posts on here are so over the top sometimes it would be funny if it weren't so incredibly pathetic.
to: they still give a shift differential after 6 pm - naturegal
[ In Reply To ..]
unless you're getting preferential treatment the shift differential starts after 8 pm - not going to be happy if your's is different from mine

I'm a part-timer and first-shifter and didn't get rid of me yet. - Still Here

[ In Reply To ..]
x

So totally agree with you. Some people unhappy no matter what. - Gold ropers.

[ In Reply To ..]
At least MM is trying to do something. They don't even give it a chance to work or not, the second an email hits my inbox I always look over here and see a massive number of posts of people wailing and garment rending.

Sorry, but I've given them the - benefit of the doubt

[ In Reply To ..]
too many times only to be disappointed, like someone who keeps thinking an abusive, drunken spouse is all better because they try for a day or 2 and the abuse starts all over again.

I will start trusting them after they go about a year without some sort of disgraceful behavior, and even then I'll still have 1 eye open.
It's a business. Do we not all understand how businesses - run in a capitalist society.
[ In Reply To ..]
Profits are God. People don't matter. There is no such thing as loyalty towards employees and there hasn't been for a very long time, if there ever was.

I guess I don't see the point of all the extreme moaning competitions that go on here though. If you don't like your job, you are free to find another at any time. It all seems rather pointless and nonproductive.
find another job? - in a capitalist society
[ In Reply To ..]
the way you describe it, all American jobs would be exactly like this one and what would be the point of finding a new one?
There - are
[ In Reply To ..]
actually some employers that believe their employees are the backbone of their company and treat them well. Those jobs are few and far between since employees stay there. Most people on this board are probably looking into other options, but with the economy and some people's ages, aren't having much luck.

I guess if you don't like the extreme moaning you don't have to read. If things are going great for you, great, but just remember all the acquisitions people who got an eye-opener recently and your time will come, unless you live in India.
the economy sucks - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
The docs are finding alternatives to dictating. The docs are terrified of obamacare and cutting costs at every turn. This company will increase their profits as much as they can because they know this job is a dead ender..its business people.. I know so many people and companies that this failed economic recovery has destroyed.
Take your veiled Obama bashing - to the Politics board!
[ In Reply To ..]
UGH!

grateful cut by 40 percent - former believer

[ In Reply To ..]
It amazes me to see how little thought you all give to anyone's personal situation before you go on a nasty rant about what we should and should not be grateful for. Some of us used to be grateful, 20+ years worth in this miserable company, they beat it out of us, threatened it out of us, and took our benefits, holidays and pay away until all we have left is a shameful 2-week paycheck for all our hard work, expertise, skill and dedication. Before you decide you know how my shoes fit, take a walk in them and then you might understand, we are not all haters, just realists after years of constant disappointment. Why do I stay? BECAUSE I CHOOSE TO BUT IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! Oh yeah, have whatever the heck kind of day you want. Peace out!

why would they let 2nd and 3rd shift go? - Old School

[ In Reply To ..]
that doesn't make a lot of sense. Why would they let go the people who cover the shifts they most need covered and leave the people on the shifts they don't need covered so much? Is this the MM way or?

Corporate strategy: They want you to - have a reason to quit.

[ In Reply To ..]
No UE that way.

has everyone signed - the petition

[ In Reply To ..]
If fast food workers deserve a living wage, and they do, then we certainly do.

We really have to stick together. The pay _____. The disrespect of the work we do _____. Mgt has no idea what they are doing, except their clear intent to line their own pockets.

Similar Messages:

Is Anyone Getting A Bunch Of
Oct 16, 2009

transcriptions for pts with H1N1?  It is making me think twice about getting the vaccine.  I am getting a bunch of them, and quite a few with type A influenza as well. ...

What A Bunch!!!
Feb 09, 2011

Gripe about lack of work, then HEAVEN forbid you have to test and give PERSONAL information  -- crimey is everyone in kindergarten?  You do NOT CALL the service first  - want to hurt your chances of NOT  being hired   - go ahead, calll the recruiter and/or MSTO and DEMAND  GUESS WHAT AINT GONNA GET HIRED  ...

BUNCH
Jan 12, 2013

Everyone on this board moans about how much they hate MModal and how horribly they're treated, but when given the opportunity to make the company squirm in a crisis, you all lick their boots and can't wait to help them out with the "incentives", which are impossible to meet, so you are working for the same nothing you always make.  I'm done with this board. ...

THIS IS A BUNCH OF. . . .
Oct 28, 2013

GARBAGE!!!!!!! Hard enough to make lines and now this?  Need a drink! ...

What A Bunch Of A-holes
Dec 17, 2014

Only lost about $20 last week working PT thanks to their new pay schedule, 99.64% accuracy but 12.78 for QA because of blanks because of their incompetent dictators who don't know how to speak English and their poor quality voice files.  Oh yeah, and I'm getting put on a new accout too!  Aren't I lucky?  Guess I'll be joining the cherry pickers now.  ...

So They Hired A Bunch Of New MTs
Apr 20, 2015

supposedly so we won't have mandatory OT so much.  Do you think they hired for the shifts they were having trouble with & will give us our original hours/schedule back??  That would be the decent thing to do....  Yeah... I don't think they'll do it either. ...

So Do You Think They Will Fire Me? LOL
Aug 14, 2011

So I am supposed to be working right now..I gave my notice last week that I would be done on August 17th, but I unfortunately am just not feeling the need to finish out the week.  I am leaving because I am unhappy (like many at MQ are)..I have a new job starting on the 23rd with better pay and better hours and I can't wait!  I was looking at my jobs for the last 4 weeks and have noticed I have a 99% (I forgot the word "about") on an audit and a 98.75% on an audit, with just 2 corr ...

I Have One Dictator Whose Reports Always Have A Bunch Of Blanks In Them
Mar 02, 2010

I put so much more time and effort into his work and they always come out looking like Swiss cheese.  QA can fill in about 75% of these with their guesswork.  No way am I going to continue listening over and over again to his bad dictation when they are pretty much hopeless.  I'm going to listen once and that's it -- that way I'll get the most for my money I'll be paying for the QA! ...

I Have Never Seen Such A Paranoid Bunch Of MTs When It Comes To Testing On MTTtest
Jan 09, 2011

I have been reading recent posts regarding testing -- filling in information, etc., and I have never seen such a bunch of paranoid MTs in my life.  I tell the truth regarding my resume, SS#, phone number and experience.  Yes, I HAVE "failed" tests wtih MTTest.com and decided that company postiion was not for me.  My newest job; I was called on the phone, offered the position, had to test, failed the "third written test" but was still hired.  I am making an above average salar ...

MQ Doesn't Need To Fire Or Lay Off
Mar 29, 2010

The evil Q doesn't have to fire or lay anyone off, they can just starve us to death with no work.  ...

Out Of The Fire Into The Frying Pan?
Jan 12, 2013

After almost 10 years of working at home and in house doing MT, and the last 3 at Nuance, I have decided to take a coding course.  I am so demoralized w/Nuance.  Lost my bonus (and I have not gotten sloppy and careless in my time there) and then they made it more difficult to get a bonus; the crummy health insurance, the VR is a joke ("can be twice as fast as typing," but we are absolutely paid 1/2 what we are paid for typing), the offshoring, the drs on cell phones, the horrible ESLs. ...

Is MM Going To Fire Me For Making Below
May 19, 2013

I was working on an account for the last 5 years and was averaging in ASR lines at 329-340 an hour with 100% audits. Then the work got slow and I was moved to another manager and another new account.  Now my average ASR lines are around 170-180 an hour with 100% audits.  At 175 ASR line rate an hour and being part-time, that is 175 x 0.4 a line which comes to 7.00 an hour.  For part-timers, I was told you have to be at 120 lines an hour and I am still a Tier 1.   My s ...

Intrinsics S/l Fire Normally?
Jul 10, 2013

doctor dictated what s/l intrinsics "fire" normally - is fire correct? ...

New Hire - Nervous - What Would It Take For Them To Fire Me?
May 04, 2012

. ...

Dear God Please Go Ahead And Fire Me Already
Jan 15, 2014

so tired of these "failed audit" emails.  God forbid I get a 99.5.  Please reply with how you are going to change this in the future.  Slow down.     Sorry I can't F'ing slow down i have kids to feed and you cut my pay over $5000 last year.  so fire me and let me collect UE and foodstamps.  OH WAIT you can't because you are constantly out of TAT and begging for people to work because they are all quitting or you fired them already.  My bad ...

S/l Fire Calf Atrophy
Nov 28, 2014

s/l fire calf atrophy - neurologic examination ...

How Does MModal Fire You? I'm Figuring I'll
Dec 17, 2014

I can't pass an audit to save my life...I figure any day now I'll receive a call telling me to log out, even though I've not finished the report I'm on, and I'll be fired.  I'm so sick of feeling like I'm doing my best, only to find out that this little error, or that little error (spacing or period or comma, among others) causes a 0.25 point drop and those puppies add up.  I think 99.5 is an unreasonable level and I'm sick and tired of feeling w ...

Jobs Being Mysteriously Held In A Bunch Of Florida Accounts
Oct 29, 2009

I would appreciate hearing from anyone (e-mail me if you wish) if you have suddenly got NJA all day today with regard to a bunch of southern Florida accounts (cannot mention which hospital of course, but if you are an MT for them you will know which ones).  I e-mailed the person in charge of workload and the explanation was that "difficult dictators" are only being given to those who can do them.  I am a tier 3, 7 yrs with MQ and 30 as an MT (so pretty much experienced and been there d ...

It Is Great When The Company Dumps A Bunch Of Garbage Work On You, And Sm
Oct 17, 2014

You can honestly say to them, "I don't care anymore," and mean it because you have finally wised up and gave up the hope that things will ever get any better and found something new. I wrote many papers in college, but none gave the pleasure that is coming to me from writing my letter of resignation. :-) ...

Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire
Sep 26, 2012

I watched a documentary on this fire the other night and mentioned to my SO how it reminded me of being an MT for Nuance.  It seems like sooner or later something very bad is going to happen.  I know it's reaching, but think of the similarities; they were all women, they worked long hours, weekends, made crappy pay and were skilled at what they do, and yet... "Although the floor had a number of exits, including two freight elevators, a fire escape, and stairways down to Greene St ...

Why Fire For Not Meeting Production When Getting Huge
Jan 07, 2014

workflow changes due to a large account being lost (wasn't my primary).  Wondered why all of a sudden I was off my primary and getting mostly this account.  Of course, they didn't know it was leaving until it disappeared.  I'd probably have a heart attack if I every heard the truth.  Never know what hospital is going to show up in the queve, more longer transcription jobs, ASR jobs that have to be typed because the ASR does not match up, some horrible dict ...

They Wont Fire You If You Refuse To Change Shifts
Sep 11, 2013

That they will consider that you RESIGNED if you refuse to change. They are covering their slimy butts six ways to Sunday. ...

Let This Latest Edition Of MM Nonsense Fuel Your Hate Fire.
Sep 10, 2013

I have never been more motivated to get away from this company.  Did you know there are other places to work?? I know - I forget that too sometimes!! When I tell the people in my life what happens to me at work, they are in disbelief.  "What company is this??!!" they say. "My God - what in the world - I would never let anyone keep me shackeled to my computer all day!!" said another. "So let me get this straight, when you 'run out of work,' you have to keep checking back...lik ...