A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Alliance Health Documentation trouble meeting line production? - MEMT

Posted: Nov 14, 2014

Anyone having trouble meeting line production?

Yes, but I'm suffering from burnout and arthritis from mandatory OT - Poop

[ In Reply To ..]
Some weeks glide along better than others. These past few weeks have been very rough on my body and I know it is in direct response to the weekly requests for OT and not getting any decent length of down-time from the chair or keyboard.

AHD - memt

[ In Reply To ..]
Ditto. I feel the same.

Let me ask you something, MEMT, what do you think of... - Poop

[ In Reply To ..]
As I know no one who works there, aside from my boss I don't have anyone else to ask this...

What do you think of not being able to see what job loads next, I mean as far as being able to tell not only what job type it is but how long it is? I don't like that one bit. It's always a surprise and I'm one who likes to know what I'm getting before I get it. Nothing to do with cherry-picking but rather "how much time do I have to allot for this one" type of thinking.
Are you on Fusion - Ahd mt
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Hmm...if I don't know the answer to that, then I guess not? - Poop
[ In Reply To ..]
I always just called it their transcriber program. I clicked on "properties" and it's called "Alliance Transcription Desktop."

frustrated - longtimemt

[ In Reply To ..]
I love the people and the work but am disappointed in my line counts, cannot seem to get anywhere close to what I have always been able to transcribe

Just my opinion - BTDT

[ In Reply To ..]
These dictators are getting totally out of control. I get on the average 20- to 30-minute long reports, over half of which consist of the dictator sitting there in dead silence, some of them clicking their tongue and going, "Let's seeeeeeee" while they waste valuable production time, a crop of residents who apparently weren't taught the first thing about dictating and take forever to spit something out.

I've never had the difficulty sustaining my focus and reaching my line count as I have the past 2 months or so. I'm not doing anything different, but somebody needs to either weight the pay for these time-suckage dictators or put the smackdown on them and make them actually DICTATE once they dial in.

I am so tired of sitting here wasting 20-plus minutes of my production time for 10 minutes of dead air.

It wasn't like this before. I'm convinced it's this new facility and their dictators combined with the residents at the other facility bringing my production to an all-time low.

same with me - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Great people, great work, great platform, but I just could NOT get the lines. Are they VBC? What are they NOT counting? I wonder if the higher-than-average line rate is meant to offset the inability to accumulate lines. I finally left, and really this was the beginning of a slippery slope, total burnout. I just didn't have the energy to try again with another company. I left the field out of sheer exhaustion, depression, spiritual bankruptcy, and aching hands/back/head/brain. Buh-bye, MT.

Having worked for a different Maine company, in Portland, I have sm - JMO

[ In Reply To ..]
to say that AHD is a slice of Heaven. No one calls you if you are 5 minutes late getting back from lunch, and they ASK you if you can do a few hours extra when they need help, not saddle you with 6 hours of mandatory OT each week, which you have to do, no matter what. I work on the side that uses Word, not the VBC thing, and any time I check my word count against what the system says, it is fine. I am not saying you do not have a legitimate beef if you work on the VBC/Fusion side. I would not want that either. But I am just saying there is a far worse company out there.

Anyone who was paying attention to the - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
subtle reference of location should know who you're referring to. YES!!! I believe there are plenty of us who have worked for the other company, at least for a few weeks...

Oh the company is most assuredly not the problem - BTDT

[ In Reply To ..]
The company is fabulous. It's the DICTATORS that are wreaking havoc on my production. I don't think they got the memo (or just didn't care) that we aren't collecting lovely hourly salaries but instead are losing money listening to the dead air, chatting with colleagues, listening to them click their tongues and whistle while they peruse the record, etc.

The company's great. It's the dictators that are causing (at least for me) a significant drop in production. It's impossible to stay focused with so many of the dictators from the new facility (and the residents at the other facility) that it's like they aren't even taught the first thing about dictation anymore.

Now that you mention that, BTDT - ETOHPRN

[ In Reply To ..]
You have an excellent point! I transcribed over 60 minutes of dictation the other day, 2 jobs total, and barely netted 200 lines! That is crazy low and it is because they didn't produce language the whole time! I put the reports on chipmunk speed, but when they finally spoke, I had to slow the audio way down because, of course, they were unintelligible when they finally decided to dictate, so it wound up negating itself.

It wouldn't be so bad if that scenario happened here and there, but it has been a regular occurrence of late and that totally kills my mojo. I was scoring nearly 10,000 lines a week and now I'm lucky if I can get the bare minimum of 6000.

At least you helped me to recognize why I feel so stagnant! I didn't pinpoint it until you said it!
:)
....aaaand that little e-mail surprise this morning just erased the hurt! :-D - ETOHPRN
[ In Reply To ..]
They just kicked it wicked old school with a very unexpected surprise! I just love those ladies!
ETOHPRN - BTDT
[ In Reply To ..]
Oh, my, yes they did.

As I said in my post, the company itself is FABULOUS. It's just this crop of dictators are experts at time suckage and don't appear to comprehend that when they dial in to dictate...Well, they need to do just that, DICTATE!, LOL! If we were being paid by the minute, we'd be making easy bank with these dictators.

Enjoy that little surprise...I definitely treated myself to a couple of goodies!

Cheers!

noticed from when I first started... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I know we are allowed to double space if we are used to doing this, but when I receive corrected reports, the spacing is down to 1. Wondering if system automatically programs to single space?

Similar Messages:

Alliance Health Documentation Hard Time Making Their Line Count Lately?
Jun 23, 2015

Anybody having a hard time making their line count lately? ...

Anyone Working For Alliance Health Documentation
Apr 16, 2014

How is your production?  Can you easily get lines? ...

Alliance Health Documentation Services
Feb 19, 2015

Does anyone currently work at Alliance Health Documentation Services in Bangor, ME? Wondering how the company is and how management is, etc. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you. ...

Alliance Health Documentation Anyone On Here Currently Work For Them
May 12, 2015

Anyone on here currently work for them? Can you give me an idea what kind of company they are, platform, pay...etc....? Thanks in advance.... ...

Need Current Info On Alliance Health Documentation
Sep 30, 2014

Interested in there Microsoft Word program accounts, not the Fusion. Thanks ...

Alliance Health Documentation What Their Rate Is For Straight Typing?
Mar 11, 2014

Anybody know what their line per character and what their rate is for straight typing?  Also, do they have VR? ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble Meeting Line Count Requirement At Nuance?
Nov 06, 2014

Just wondering ...

I Work Part-time, Trouble Meeting Line Count, Do I Need A Different Job?
Apr 05, 2013

I work for a national service who has a line count quota of about 185. I've only worked there about 4 months and cannot make that quota. Told several times I need to increase my line count, learn the shortcuts, etc. I still cannot increase my line count. Lately they haven't said anything. Maybe it's because I'm just parttime and I always work my shift. I worry each day that I'll get a phone call or email that I'm terminated because I can't get that dang line co ...

AHD - ADBA Alliance Healthcare Documentation
Oct 26, 2014

I worked for them for a bit over a month.  During that period of time, I was involved in a move, and they required a VPN, as did the other company that I was working for at the time.  When I moved to my new location, I was on a DSL line and of course, off the internet for about 2 days or so.  At that time, I was using Word 2003.  During my "hiatus" from the move, and when I got on line, I received an email from them, that I needed to update.  Well, the "update" did not w ...

If One Is Not Meeting Production Requirements, What Are My Options And Theirs?
Sep 06, 2013

N/A ...

Why Fire For Not Meeting Production When Getting Huge
Jan 07, 2014

workflow changes due to a large account being lost (wasn't my primary).  Wondered why all of a sudden I was off my primary and getting mostly this account.  Of course, they didn't know it was leaving until it disappeared.  I'd probably have a heart attack if I every heard the truth.  Never know what hospital is going to show up in the queve, more longer transcription jobs, ASR jobs that have to be typed because the ASR does not match up, some horrible dict ...

If One Is Having Difficulty Meeting Production And Their Final Warning Is Next
Sep 10, 2013

So if one is having difficulty meeting production and their final warning is next...will I qualify for unemployment for not meeting my company's expectations? And yes, I am an employee and just went from full-time to part-time and does that make a difference on unemployment benefits? ...

Health Ins. And Production
Nov 09, 2009

If you don't make your production in any given pay period, do they drop your insurance?   Do they give you a warning? ...

VR Line Count - What Kind Of Line Production Should I Shoot For
Mar 24, 2011

I was just hired on with a company to do strictly VR. I am only going to be working part time so about 4 hours a day. I am wondering from those who do VR what kind of line production should I shoot for in 4 hours of work? What is the normal VR line count for part time? I have read that most who are working full time or 8 hours a day are doing more than 1,000, even 2,000 a day. The company I will be working for wants a minimum of 10,000 lines in a payperiod which the lady said even with part time ...

Do National Services Usually Provide Line Count Documentation?
Oct 24, 2009

The company I work for provides no documentation of what they are paying me for, not even on my pay stub.  There is a way to check on the system but it isn't consistent with what I get paid.  Any comments?  ...

If MQ Fires You For Not Meeting Your Line
Oct 06, 2011

will they fight you in getting unemployment?  Anyone know? ...

Not Meeting Line Counts
Nov 16, 2012

I see a lot of people aren't making the line counts.  Is the platform difficult? Are there keyboard shortcuts on it? ...

Patient First-Meeting Line Counts
Apr 18, 2013

I know that Patient First has a full-time line commitment of 1400 lines per day but they also use a TON of abbreviations.    I am curious if this makes it hard to hit the requirement? ...

Can We Get Unemployment If Fired For Not Meeting Line Counts?
Nov 17, 2011

I am getting worried.  I just can't get my line count up to 150. I have been an MT for 1 1/2 years only and am really trying.  I am close, but not close enough.  I get so many ESL's and have 5 different accounts to remember all the specifics.  My audits are great, but the line count is not up to 150 (varies from 112 to 120).  My worry is if I get fired for low line count, can I get unemployment (WI)?  Any info will help. ...

How Many Pay Periods Not Meeting Line Count Before Action Is Taken? Sm
Dec 13, 2013

I just don't know what else I can do without really doing any proofreading.  I never ever had this problem before.  I am lucky enough to still do straight typing but the program is slow and I do have several accts in my pool which we all know is not the best way to work when you work on production.  I am looking for another job and actually had 2 interviews outside of MT and I am just hoping and praying, but in the meantime I have never been so frustrated and downright angry ...

Anyone Else Having Problems Meeting Daily Line Count?
May 06, 2015

My main account just switched to full-time EPIC, and I can't achieve the minimum 150 LPH no matter how hard I try.  The text is usually 1 to 10 lines, but the ADT still has to be filled in and checked and a QA marker left for the information not given.  I figure I am typing 5 lines free and 10 lines paid each dictation.  Add to the mix an ESL dictator, and I fall behind even further.  Anyone else?  ...

Anyone At Accentus/Nuance Ever Got Fired For Not Meeting The Line Count?
Feb 02, 2013

I was wondering if anyone at Accentus ever got fired for not meeting the line count? ...

Line Production Based Upon Schedule
Jun 18, 2012

I've seen a good # of messages about the lack of work, and I'm wondering if the hours worked might be a contributing factor. IOW, people who work 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. would get more or less work than someone working the 2nd or 3rd shifts. ...

Anyone Having Trouble Reaching Their Line Count...
May 12, 2010

I work at Focus Infomatics now for a month.  I work on the account that starts with a T.  It has a high ESL.  I am having trouble now reaching my line count requirement.  It has been a month.  I thought I would be up by now.  I have never had this issue before.  If anyone else works on this acct, I would like to know if I am the only one or not?  ...

Trouble Pulling Up Their Line Counts For This Pay Period
Dec 10, 2012

Anyone having trouble pulling up their line counts for this pay period so far?  I am just trying to keep track and make sure I meet the quota but can only get one day's (today's!) numbers. Maybe just a glitch, hoping so! ...

VR Line Count - Accreative Health?
Feb 28, 2014

Any one ever heard of Accreative Health?? ...

Alliance
Sep 10, 2010

I accepted a job wtih Alliance Transcription last week and got all my paperwork completed earlier this week.  I have not heard back from them since.  I have emailed the lady who hired me, didn't hear back, and was not able to get hold of her by telephone either.   Does anyone know if they have been affected by the hurricane that moved through Houston?  Should I be worried? ...

Alliance MT?
Sep 14, 2010

Any info? ...

Alliance MT, Inc.
May 02, 2013

Does anyone know anything about this company?   ...

Alliance MT And HAD
Feb 01, 2015

Can anyone tell me if these two companies are one in the same?  One is in Texas and one in Maine but both go by Alliance? ...