A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MQ doesn't need to fire or lay off - whatever

Posted: Mar 29, 2010

The evil Q doesn't have to fire or lay anyone off, they can just starve us to death with no work. 

MTSOs - mttoolong

[ In Reply To ..]
Let's face it, MTs...this profession is in the trenches. The pay is worse now than it ever was. IC positions are worse off than employee--at least as an employee you have benefits. ICs are treated wrong--any time there is a contract involved there is supposed to be an option for negotation. What MTSO do you know of who will negotiate anything with an MT? None I've ever seen. And then they want to control your every move once you've signed, start treating you like an employee when you're not.

It's all a dadblasted, pitiful shame. I used to be proud of this profession; I am not anymore. Now I just want to do my job and be done. I'm still proud of my finished product, just not the corporate end of things and the way people who know nothing about this profession treating it like we're simply robots doing piecework in a factory.

Similar Messages:

So Do You Think They Will Fire Me? LOL
Aug 14, 2011

So I am supposed to be working right now..I gave my notice last week that I would be done on August 17th, but I unfortunately am just not feeling the need to finish out the week.  I am leaving because I am unhappy (like many at MQ are)..I have a new job starting on the 23rd with better pay and better hours and I can't wait!  I was looking at my jobs for the last 4 weeks and have noticed I have a 99% (I forgot the word "about") on an audit and a 98.75% on an audit, with just 2 corr ...

Out Of The Fire Into The Frying Pan?
Jan 12, 2013

After almost 10 years of working at home and in house doing MT, and the last 3 at Nuance, I have decided to take a coding course.  I am so demoralized w/Nuance.  Lost my bonus (and I have not gotten sloppy and careless in my time there) and then they made it more difficult to get a bonus; the crummy health insurance, the VR is a joke ("can be twice as fast as typing," but we are absolutely paid 1/2 what we are paid for typing), the offshoring, the drs on cell phones, the horrible ESLs. ...

Is MM Going To Fire Me For Making Below
May 19, 2013

I was working on an account for the last 5 years and was averaging in ASR lines at 329-340 an hour with 100% audits. Then the work got slow and I was moved to another manager and another new account.  Now my average ASR lines are around 170-180 an hour with 100% audits.  At 175 ASR line rate an hour and being part-time, that is 175 x 0.4 a line which comes to 7.00 an hour.  For part-timers, I was told you have to be at 120 lines an hour and I am still a Tier 1.   My s ...

Intrinsics S/l Fire Normally?
Jul 10, 2013

doctor dictated what s/l intrinsics "fire" normally - is fire correct? ...

So They Fire/lay Off A Bunch Of MTs
Aug 26, 2013

is out of TAT. TSM says lots of second and third shifters were let go (code phrase-reduction in force) and now the rest of us need to step up and change our shift to second and third shift. ClusterMMuck at its finest. ...

New Hire - Nervous - What Would It Take For Them To Fire Me?
May 04, 2012

. ...

Dear God Please Go Ahead And Fire Me Already
Jan 15, 2014

so tired of these "failed audit" emails.  God forbid I get a 99.5.  Please reply with how you are going to change this in the future.  Slow down.     Sorry I can't F'ing slow down i have kids to feed and you cut my pay over $5000 last year.  so fire me and let me collect UE and foodstamps.  OH WAIT you can't because you are constantly out of TAT and begging for people to work because they are all quitting or you fired them already.  My bad ...

S/l Fire Calf Atrophy
Nov 28, 2014

s/l fire calf atrophy - neurologic examination ...

How Does MModal Fire You? I'm Figuring I'll
Dec 17, 2014

I can't pass an audit to save my life...I figure any day now I'll receive a call telling me to log out, even though I've not finished the report I'm on, and I'll be fired.  I'm so sick of feeling like I'm doing my best, only to find out that this little error, or that little error (spacing or period or comma, among others) causes a 0.25 point drop and those puppies add up.  I think 99.5 is an unreasonable level and I'm sick and tired of feeling w ...

Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire
Sep 26, 2012

I watched a documentary on this fire the other night and mentioned to my SO how it reminded me of being an MT for Nuance.  It seems like sooner or later something very bad is going to happen.  I know it's reaching, but think of the similarities; they were all women, they worked long hours, weekends, made crappy pay and were skilled at what they do, and yet... "Although the floor had a number of exits, including two freight elevators, a fire escape, and stairways down to Greene St ...

Why Fire For Not Meeting Production When Getting Huge
Jan 07, 2014

workflow changes due to a large account being lost (wasn't my primary).  Wondered why all of a sudden I was off my primary and getting mostly this account.  Of course, they didn't know it was leaving until it disappeared.  I'd probably have a heart attack if I every heard the truth.  Never know what hospital is going to show up in the queve, more longer transcription jobs, ASR jobs that have to be typed because the ASR does not match up, some horrible dict ...

They Wont Fire You If You Refuse To Change Shifts
Sep 11, 2013

That they will consider that you RESIGNED if you refuse to change. They are covering their slimy butts six ways to Sunday. ...

Let This Latest Edition Of MM Nonsense Fuel Your Hate Fire.
Sep 10, 2013

I have never been more motivated to get away from this company.  Did you know there are other places to work?? I know - I forget that too sometimes!! When I tell the people in my life what happens to me at work, they are in disbelief.  "What company is this??!!" they say. "My God - what in the world - I would never let anyone keep me shackeled to my computer all day!!" said another. "So let me get this straight, when you 'run out of work,' you have to keep checking back...lik ...

It Doesn't Get Better Than This!
Apr 07, 2010

I have an ESL dictating discharge medications with the hiccups! He just keeps right on dictating and I'm supposed to know what was said during the hiccup. VR is having a great time with this! ...

ROI DOESN'T PAY
Jun 02, 2011

Rapid Outsourcing Imaging hired me to work the weekend graveyard shift.  Their transcription platform does not refresh itself, and there is very little work.  What work does come in has an almost immediate TAT, so you are expected to sit in front of your pc for a 10-hour graveyard shift constantly refreshing your screen to check for work.  When work does come in and show up on your screen, it is already 7 minutes into the 20-minute TAT.  I was making about $2 per hour.  ...

Help...this Just Doesn't Look Right To Me...
Jan 13, 2012

Sentance reads: " The patient denies any parenthesis or weakness in the right lower extremity. "  It just doesn't look right and when I look it up online I only get examples and definitions of the puncutation parenthesis or parentheses... Thanks for all your help :) ...

Doesn't ANYONE Have Work?????
Dec 02, 2009

I have TWO JOBS right now and BOTH are completely out of work.  It's been this way since mid-Sept or so.  Every week I think, I'll get up EARLIER and pop out even more lines than ever.............but to no avail.  NO WORK.  I'm an IC with one and an employee with the other (a HUGE company). This after I had two other jobs two years ago that completely flaked out too where the work load dwindled to nothing, so I looked around and took these other two (I tr ...

Doesn't This Figure!
Mar 14, 2010

So, that "First Time Right/QA on Demand just started.  Wouldn't you know that as SOON as it started, I have been getting nothing but out-of-BOB accounts.  At this rate, I won't be able to stay under 10%, much less than up to 25% or more.   Up until now, was getting my primary or at least BOB accounts, I calculated carefully and figured out that while staying in my BOB, I could come under 5% most of the time.   I am really thinking they want everyone consta ...

If Your Employer Doesn't Pay You.....
May 05, 2010

Only using an employer as an example - my personal example - but my idea is applicable to all the others I have read about on this site Not long ago, I posted a rant about Siance not paying me.  I turned them in to the Labor Board.  They were given a deadline to pay me, but it could take that Dept up to 6 months or longer to get my money.  I thought...HMMM...I HAVE BILLS TODAY - NOT IN 6 MONTHS MAN!    So...I filed unemployment against Saince.  They did a pho ...

S1 Transcription Just Doesn't Pay
Sep 25, 2010

Not paid for four months' of work. ...

Transcend Really Doesn't Seem That Into Me
Dec 17, 2011

I've heard how great Transcend is so I applied, in addition to 8-10 other companies.  I had heard such great things and such rave reviews from Transcend employees they were a company I wanted to hear back from most.  Two weeks later still not a word, and I had already tested for most of the other companies and had been given offers.  Because I was most interested in Transcend, I decided to write the recruiter using the email address I found on the website.  Even after a ...

Let Me Tell You What You Already Know--MTtoCoding Doesn't Like Us
Sep 11, 2012

Let's sum it up briefly. MTtoCoding doesn't like us one bit. She also doesn't like being here. It causes her distress, just like her university and the instructor from her university did. We are all losers. Continued. We are bad, the MT board is bad also, her university is bad, the teacher is really, really bad, credentialed teachers stink, work experience is a bad idea for teachers to have, etc. She just dropped in to tell us about a great new coding course. When she didn&rs ...

It Doesn't Seem Like Anyone Is Learning
Mar 25, 2014

This is a two-sided message. It is painfully obvious that no one is learning anything from having failed audits. This being said, I think there are a few sides to this. First, the error weights are harsh for a lot of small errors. Second, the error weighs are not harsh enough for other errors. Third, and most importantly, no one seems to be taking the time to learn anything from the audits/feedback in order to improve themselves and their work, which leads me to what I would do if ...

Doesn't It Piss You Off....
Jan 22, 2015

When you type an ESL, and you know he/she says the same thing all the time, but you cannot figure it out for the life of you.  Leave a blank and send it on, when you know that blank could have been filled?  I'm not passing it on to QA.  How many times I have been audited with the same doctors I have submitted to QA is laughable.  Fool me once....  etc., etc., etc. ...

Because It Is In Docqumanage Doesn't
Apr 19, 2015

Just finished a report on a new account..Doc racing through. Cannot understand what she said, so go into docqumanage for similar reports. Obviously people are just cutting and pasting because the name that you have in there for that camera (5 reports) does not exist in medical terminology..But when you slow down and listen to it a few times, what she says is one of the standard lap camera sizes..Dang and I failed an audit for leaving off a letter and adding a word... ...

Doesn't MQ Usually Have Contests On MQCentral For
May 17, 2010

Maybe I am not looking in the right spot on MQ Central, but has anyone seen any contests going on?? ...

Why Doesn't TTS Advertise On MT Stars?
May 18, 2010

Just wondering because I was over at the other MT site and saw a help wanted ad for TTS and thought maybe TTS was mad at MT Stars owners because they let MTs post not so good things about TTS.  MQ doesn't advertise here either but they are looking for help too.  What's up with that?   I support the companies who advertise on MT Stars, my favorite MT web site.        ...

Doesn't Make Sense To Me
Jun 16, 2010

The patient was treated for pneumonia and urinary tract infection source for pneumonia at the hospital and her antibiotics have been stopped. How is a UTI the source for pneumonia? ...

Wow, Lee Perfect Seems To Want Something That Doesn't Exist
Aug 19, 2010

Did you see their latest job ad? They seem to want perfection, but I bet they don't give perfection. ...

My Account Doesn't Allow Even One Blank. If One, Gets Sent To
Sep 28, 2010

nm ...