A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How does MModal fire you? I'm figuring I'll - be fired any day now

Posted: Dec 17, 2014

I can't pass an audit to save my life...I figure any day now I'll receive a call telling me to log out, even though I've not finished the report I'm on, and I'll be fired.  I'm so sick of feeling like I'm doing my best, only to find out that this little error, or that little error (spacing or period or comma, among others) causes a 0.25 point drop and those puppies add up.  I think 99.5 is an unreasonable level and I'm sick and tired of feeling worthless.  I wanted to work 3-1/2 more years and retire but it looks like I'll be taking early retirement (after unemployment if I can get it in North Carolina).  This just sucks.  Sorry but I felt the need to vent, plus I wanted to know what to expect when the hammer drops.  Thanks for any responses I get.  My day is finally finished and I'm going to bed and pulling the covers over my head to cry.  Good night every one, and good luck to all. 

They are so far behind - right now, with such a

[ In Reply To ..]
high backlog, you could probably type and/or edit that report entirely in Klingon, and they won't fire you!

"Klingon!" Ha-haaaahhh... just spat out my - coke, laughing so hard!

[ In Reply To ..]
That was PRICELESSLY funny.

Please don't let one of these scumbag companies - make you feel bad....

[ In Reply To ..]
It is happening to us all. I really believe their goal is to make us feel incompetent...their crap doesn't work on me! And I agree with the other poster...they aren't going to fire you...not so long as you keep on working. After all, they REALLY DO NOT GIVE A HOOT about quality. Just concentrate on the important things that really matter, like things that would hurt a patient (like drugs/doses/labs, etc and they can take their "a" instead of "the" or things that don't affect patient care, and shove it!

You said it!! - Sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The ridiculous little things that don't affect patient care like "a" and "the" or not capitalizing a department name etc., is so petty. I had a QA person tell me to slow down because I missed "a few little words." Are you kidding me? "A few little words?!?!!" If I went any slower I'd be crawling.

This is VR people, no way can you expect us to "double our line count" and be THAT TEDIOUS! If it does not change the meaning of the sentence or affect the patient then leave it alone.

Notice how most QA complaints are NEVER, EVER about wrong dosages, lab values, medications or diagnoses; It's always the ridiculous stuff and that's what makes this job so stressful and hinders our production. We were never marked off for the things MTSOs mark off for when I worked in the hospital setting.

Improve the voice recognition and get off our backs and maybe we can make some REAL money.

Perfect - Example..

[ In Reply To ..]
I had one report where the QA person went through and added "The" at the beginning of every sentence that started out with "Patient."

Absolutely nothing else in the report was marked or changed, only that...Come on now? Seriously? You cant find anything so you have to create something to change?

Well it was 99.8% right? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
No one could consistently do that, especially with the crappy audio on a lot of the accounts. All the sudden it is lowered to 99.65 is it now? Now we have pods and more changes..I work the same way I always have, if I pass, I pass, if I don't I don't..I no longer care. They can't get consistent unrealistic QA scores, I'm pretty sure as long as they are BS mistakes your pretty safe..for now at least. Im tired of feeling like a whipped puppy, Im better than this company. 1 year, just need 1 year or I would be job hunting.

Well I dont want to see anyone get fired - but...

[ In Reply To ..]
Considering the amount of stress you seem to be under and the fact that you are only missing 99.5% by a few measly points (which is good if you ask me) due to minor/insignificant details, which really should only warrant feedback, not point deductions - I would say consider it a blessing if they do fire you and put you out of your misery.

Look at it like this, you only have 3.5 years left till retirement, I'm sure you've worked long enough to collect a reasonable amount of unemployment, which MModal would have a hard time contesting based on what you've described. You could find another MT job somewhere else to pass time if you really want to finish out the last 3.5 years, but I would probably gladly take my UE and if nothing else find part-time and collect partial UE or work part-time and collect *some* of your retirement money.

I totally disagree with what you are going through regarding QA, as those are not *real mistakes* and you obviously do a good job if that's all they can find to mark you off for. Just hang in there and keep at it, but quit stressing yourself out because its not going to make things any better, it only makes you sick. Worse case scenario is you get fired and collect your UE, then find a part-time job and collect partial UE, *Or you can find part-time work and collect some of your retirement for the next 3 years and then go into full retirement. It will be a heck of a lot less stressful than dealing with what you are going through now. You will be fine, don't worry.

Don't let the bastards get you down!! We're all going through - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
the same nightmare. Just hang in there... one day at a time.

They will just call or send an email. - Even on your day off.

[ In Reply To ..]
That is what happened to me. Good Luck. Life after iMMoral is wonderful, so don't stress.

Similar Messages:

So Do You Think They Will Fire Me? LOL
Aug 14, 2011

So I am supposed to be working right now..I gave my notice last week that I would be done on August 17th, but I unfortunately am just not feeling the need to finish out the week.  I am leaving because I am unhappy (like many at MQ are)..I have a new job starting on the 23rd with better pay and better hours and I can't wait!  I was looking at my jobs for the last 4 weeks and have noticed I have a 99% (I forgot the word "about") on an audit and a 98.75% on an audit, with just 2 corr ...

Help With Figuring Out Pay
Apr 29, 2010

Can someone help me figure this out.  I am being paid 0.03 cents per line.  Do I multiply my lines x 0.03 or x 0.3?  Thanks. ...

Am I Figuring This Right? SM
Jun 14, 2012

Say I edit 250 lines in1 hour.  At 4 cpl, that's $10/hour.  Working OT for 25% (which is 1 cent of 4 cpl), 250 lines in 1 hour x 5 cpl = 12.50.   That extra $2.50 x 8 hours is $20.  Doesn't seem worth my weekend for that.   Can't count on straight typing - some days I hardly have any and some days I'll have 10 to 15%. ...

Figuring PTO
Nov 20, 2012

Does anybody know how to figure out exactly how much PTO you have left?  Like is it deducted after it is granted or after the date that you are taking it has passed?  I would not think it would be deducted when it is still pending. Thanks ...

I Need Some Help Figuring This Out...sm
Nov 28, 2012

I posted a week or so ago about a job offer working for a court reporting agency.  It is transcription that pays 5 cpl on a gross line.  The work is actually doing claims for insurance companies.   She wanted me to come a week ago before I started just to see how fast and well I could transcribe. I typed 7 pages in 20 minutes, which equaled about 127 lines.  So I figured, wow 127 lines in 20 minutes, that's great.  I'll do just fine at this job.  Well ...

MQ Doesn't Need To Fire Or Lay Off
Mar 29, 2010

The evil Q doesn't have to fire or lay anyone off, they can just starve us to death with no work.  ...

Out Of The Fire Into The Frying Pan?
Jan 12, 2013

After almost 10 years of working at home and in house doing MT, and the last 3 at Nuance, I have decided to take a coding course.  I am so demoralized w/Nuance.  Lost my bonus (and I have not gotten sloppy and careless in my time there) and then they made it more difficult to get a bonus; the crummy health insurance, the VR is a joke ("can be twice as fast as typing," but we are absolutely paid 1/2 what we are paid for typing), the offshoring, the drs on cell phones, the horrible ESLs. ...

Is MM Going To Fire Me For Making Below
May 19, 2013

I was working on an account for the last 5 years and was averaging in ASR lines at 329-340 an hour with 100% audits. Then the work got slow and I was moved to another manager and another new account.  Now my average ASR lines are around 170-180 an hour with 100% audits.  At 175 ASR line rate an hour and being part-time, that is 175 x 0.4 a line which comes to 7.00 an hour.  For part-timers, I was told you have to be at 120 lines an hour and I am still a Tier 1.   My s ...

Intrinsics S/l Fire Normally?
Jul 10, 2013

doctor dictated what s/l intrinsics "fire" normally - is fire correct? ...

So They Fire/lay Off A Bunch Of MTs
Aug 26, 2013

is out of TAT. TSM says lots of second and third shifters were let go (code phrase-reduction in force) and now the rest of us need to step up and change our shift to second and third shift. ClusterMMuck at its finest. ...

Figuring Out Ppl Instead Of Hourly
Jan 25, 2011

I've been paid by the hour for the past 11 years, was laid off and am now searching for work. How do I transition to ppl pay to equal the amount of my unemployment so that I'll know I can pay my bills? What questions do I ask potential employers? Work load? Average pay? I'm so confused! The 'Newbie" Tammie ...

Figuring Out QA Score
Jan 02, 2015

Did you get the hoops we have to jump through now to figure out your QA score.  Can't just put in the pay date range and go by that because they are auditing reports outside the pay range, either before or after.  Then you might manage to get 2 reports audited within the pay range, after you jump through hoops and figure it out yourself.  So, what you think you are getting, when it shows up in webclock, it is way less than what you figured out in Fiesa.  This is TOTAL BS ...

New Hire - Nervous - What Would It Take For Them To Fire Me?
May 04, 2012

. ...

Dear God Please Go Ahead And Fire Me Already
Jan 15, 2014

so tired of these "failed audit" emails.  God forbid I get a 99.5.  Please reply with how you are going to change this in the future.  Slow down.     Sorry I can't F'ing slow down i have kids to feed and you cut my pay over $5000 last year.  so fire me and let me collect UE and foodstamps.  OH WAIT you can't because you are constantly out of TAT and begging for people to work because they are all quitting or you fired them already.  My bad ...

S/l Fire Calf Atrophy
Nov 28, 2014

s/l fire calf atrophy - neurologic examination ...

I Need Help In Figuring Out My Line Count?
Oct 16, 2011

I've done this before but can't figure it out now.  I've totalled my line counts each day for a week including ASR and straight transcription, but now what do I do with that total?  Do I divide it by 7 days in the week or however many days I work or is it the hours I work?  Thanks for helping me. ...

Help With Figuring Out Line Count
May 10, 2012

I am new and so far have had no problems with running out of work which is what happened all the time when I was with Medquist (M Modal) but where do you find the breakdown of your lines???  I gave gone into FIESA and generate reports and I see all my lines grouped together but not broken down as to what was VR and the other straight dictation.  Or I am looking it and don't even realize it.  Thanks ...

Figuring Out Rate Per Character
Aug 22, 2014

Does anyone know how to figure out what the rate per character would be if pay is 14 cents a line at 70 characters per line? ...

Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire
Sep 26, 2012

I watched a documentary on this fire the other night and mentioned to my SO how it reminded me of being an MT for Nuance.  It seems like sooner or later something very bad is going to happen.  I know it's reaching, but think of the similarities; they were all women, they worked long hours, weekends, made crappy pay and were skilled at what they do, and yet... "Although the floor had a number of exits, including two freight elevators, a fire escape, and stairways down to Greene St ...

Why Fire For Not Meeting Production When Getting Huge
Jan 07, 2014

workflow changes due to a large account being lost (wasn't my primary).  Wondered why all of a sudden I was off my primary and getting mostly this account.  Of course, they didn't know it was leaving until it disappeared.  I'd probably have a heart attack if I every heard the truth.  Never know what hospital is going to show up in the queve, more longer transcription jobs, ASR jobs that have to be typed because the ASR does not match up, some horrible dict ...

Wednesday Nightmare. Figuring Out Our Timecards. Sm
Dec 16, 2014

Have a headache just thinking about it.  How will we be able to verify accuracy and that we are not getting ripped off even more than we already are?  Follow the 12-step instructions "on our own time, of course." Just want to scream! ...

Wait A Minute...They Are Figuring LPH AFTER Deducting
Jan 15, 2015

It just occurred to me. Not only are we getting a 5% deduction for having a "good platform" but the LPH (Lines Per Hour) are also figured AFTER taking off the 5%. So if I actually TYPE 950 lines in 5 hours which is 190 LPH, now I am only getting 902 lines in 5 hours which is 180.5 LPH, which drops me down a tier on the grid which ALSO docks my pay BESIDES the 5% they are docking for the "good platform." You would not think that 5% makes a difference, but it DOES. I checked this with my payst ...

Is OOW Time Factored When Figuring Hourly
Jan 28, 2015

Several times last week, I have been out of work and had to wait the required 15 minutes before clocking out.  Let's just say that happens 4 times in a pay week -- that's a whole hour.  When taking my converted lines and dividing by the number of hours clocked in, does the OOW time count?     ...

They Wont Fire You If You Refuse To Change Shifts
Sep 11, 2013

That they will consider that you RESIGNED if you refuse to change. They are covering their slimy butts six ways to Sunday. ...

Let This Latest Edition Of MM Nonsense Fuel Your Hate Fire.
Sep 10, 2013

I have never been more motivated to get away from this company.  Did you know there are other places to work?? I know - I forget that too sometimes!! When I tell the people in my life what happens to me at work, they are in disbelief.  "What company is this??!!" they say. "My God - what in the world - I would never let anyone keep me shackeled to my computer all day!!" said another. "So let me get this straight, when you 'run out of work,' you have to keep checking back...lik ...

Can Someone Please Explain To Me The Process Of Figuring Out Your Line Count Rate? . . . .
May 18, 2010

I understand that the potential is there to maybe collect unemployment due to low, unavailable work with the Q.  I am curious as to how to figure my hourly rate with the Q to see if I am even making minimum rate in my state (which is $7.25/hour)  any one interested in explaining the process on how to figure this out?   Thanking one and all in advance. ...

Line Counts - When Figuring Lines, Do Most People Include Spaces?
Jul 24, 2012

When figuring lines, do most people include spaces? ...

Anyone Using MModal
May 19, 2011

and noticing that it is really not doing a good job lately.  I've not usually had problems with it when it comes to regular English-speaking doctors, but this week it has been a mess.  It is either not putting in entire sentences or putting in off the wall stuff that sounds nothing like what is being said.  I've come to expect that with ESL, but certainly not with English as native language.  Weird.  Must be taking some time off for MT week. ...

What Is MModal?
Feb 13, 2012

What is MModal company?  General typist edit company or Medical transcription company? This question is bugging me ever since this ASR took over from us.. LOL to wrap it up..   ...

SS# And MModal
Apr 30, 2012

MModal asks for your SS# on the application process of applying for jobs there!!! Thanks to some of you, I ran ran ran from this place.  When I inquired about how uncomfortable I was with sharing my SS#...I was told to just use any number.  WHAT?!!? Then why have it there!!! Who in their right mind would give their SS# to a company that hasn't even hired them yet.  I agree with the rest of you. RUN SALLY RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN ...